- Number of Players
- Single Player (5 Player Online)
- Action, Shooter
- Release Date
- 13th May 2022
- 13th May 2022
PlayStation Plus Essential (Subscription)
- 7th Feb 2023 until 6th Mar 2023
- Evil Dead
- Asymmetrical, Online, Multiplayer, Film Franchise
- Controller Support
- Feature Support
- 4K, 60fps, HDR
- Official Site
- Also Available On
- PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Switch
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun"
Republished on Wednesday, 1st February, 2023: We're bringing this review back from the archives following the announcement of February 2023's PS Plus line up. The original text follows. That groaning you heard when Evil Dead: The Game was revealed wasn't actually the raspy wails of approaching Deadites...
About The Game
Step into the shoes of Ash Williams or his friends from the iconic Evil Dead franchise and work together in a game loaded with over-the-top co-op and PVP multiplayer action! Play as a team of four survivors, exploring, looting, managing your fear, and finding key items to seal the breach between worlds in a game inspired by all three original Evil Dead films as well as the STARZ original Ash vs Evil Dead television series.
- Iconic Characters - Play as characters from throughout the Evil Dead universe, including Ash, Scotty, Lord Arthur, Kelly Maxwell, & more, with new dialogue performed by Bruce Campbell & others!
- Play As Good or Evil - Fight for the forces of good or take control of the Kandarian Demon to hunt Ash & others while possessing Deadites, the environmental objects & more as you seek to swallow their souls!
- Off-the-Wall Visuals - Whether you’re tearing a Deadite in 2 with Ash's chainsaw hand or flying across the map as the Kandarian Demon, realistic visuals & physics-based gore brings the horror to life!
- This...Is My Boomstick - Brandish your short barrel shotgun, chainsaw, cleavers and more to do some delightfully gruesome violence against the armies of darkness.