This kitty's got (no) claws
After lying dormant for nearly two decades, 2017 saw the release of a new Bubsy title when The Woolies Strike Back released for the PlayStation 4. Much like the many other entries in the series, it was received rather poorly. In our review, it was referred to as probably the last entry in the series of underwhelming...
In case you were wondering
That's right, you didn't imagine another Bubsy game is on its way. Announced towards the end of last year, Bubsy: Paws on Fire is a sidescrolling auto runner from Choice Provisions, the studio behind the Bit.Trip Runner series. With similar on-rails running and jumping gameplay and multiple characters with unique...
In possibly the scariest news story you'll read today, the infamous platformer mascot Bubsy is making a swift return to PS4. After last year's frankly rubbish resurgence, Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back, it's a surprise to see the character make yet another comeback, but here we are. Bubsy: Paws on Fire hits PS4 in 2019...
Oinker P. Hamm is determined to capture every animal in the universe for his “Amazootorium.” Bubsy, fearing mostly for himself, is just as determined to stop him. Two archrivals, stitched together by the cruel knitting needles of fate. No matter who emerges victorious, there is one thing we know for certain: There’s going to be a whole lot of yarn along the way.
- Four playable characters, each with their own unique mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
- An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
- Over 100 levels set across three different worlds!
- A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
- Full Audio: English Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Chinese