Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 3,152

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Thanks. I like a few of them a lot. The backflipping one is very dynamic!

As alluded to, this definitely seems to be Robin: The Game for you.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Wow, I really like the 4th and 5th shots there in particular. Is there some filter to just affect the background or is the colour palette for the city a bit monotonous as some pics like the 5th seem to have a real contrast between the character and surroundings!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Kairu @Ralizah @JudgeDredd @Thrillho Belated thanks to y'all for the praise! I'm sorting through what'll be my final batch now, as I finished my NG+ run yesterday.

Ralizah wrote:

As alluded to, this definitely seems to be Robin: The Game for you.

I'd really been trying to mix things up but, when I got to the finale, I had to switch back to Tim (there's no way I was gonna see it through with anybody else) and it felt like coming home. In a couple years, when I wanna replay the game again, it'll become Robin: The Video Game (feat. Nightwing w. Special Guest Star Red Hood). Nothing against Batgirl, but her silhouette is basically "slender Batman" and so, because I've taken hundreds of Arkham Knight shots before, I found photographing her to be a little too familiar. I ended up taking the same shots I've always taken, only with slightly different lighting and filters.

Thrillho wrote:

Is there some filter to just affect the background or is the colour palette for the city a bit monotonous as some pics like the 5th seem to have a real contrast between the character and surroundings!

There's no background-specific filter, but there are some amazing dynamic lighting presets which position groups of spotlights around your character at different levels (three focus on the head, three on the torso, and then five are full-body). You can rotate 'em and change their intensity. Almost all of my shots are using one of the first three, to enhance the characters' faces amidst all the visual chaos.

I mean, quite a bit of Gotham is still dark and dingy (because it's Gotham) but I just got lucky with that fifth shot, and happened to be somewhere where I could DoF the background into oblivion!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This one's a location spoiler...

Untitled

...but I was a teensy bit proud of it. Normally I'd have held it back.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And that's me done. See ya next Photo Mode!

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Thank you, very kind of you to say!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Kairu wrote:

Now that you're done with Gotham Knights, what will the next 'Photo Mode' venture be?! 👀

Alas, not Sonic Frontiers, as it doesn't have one, but both my winter games (Sifu and SnowRunner) do, so it'll be whichever one of them I get to first, I guess!

Lovely shots from Ragnarok, by the way! Looks like one heck of a pretty game!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kairu Very nice work indeed; I love the visuals in that part of the map. It's impossible to get anything done up there without succumbing to Photo Mode and snapping a few shots!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Shots taken mid-playthrough from Sonic Frontiers...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...and then some HUD-free wallpaper fodder taken during some post-game tidying.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger You can’t complain about the pop-in with a static image

The game looks great from those shots and you got through that game almost as quick as the blue one himself!

Thrillho

Thrillho

Here’s a load of shots I got from Biomutant.

The photo mode is pretty rudimentary, pretty much just moving the camera around and setting on/off for background focus, and as average as the game was it can look pretty cool!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thrillho

CuteBoyMnM

I've got some Photo Mode stuff taken from my PS5 sitting in storage and I thought it would be nice to share some of them.

Relaxing w/ Sora
Untitled

End to a Duel
Untitled

Samurai God of War
Untitled

Daughter Vs. Father
Untitled

River caught staring
Untitled

Take in the sights
Untitled

Didn't know cyberware could give you force powers
Untitled

One more expedition...
Untitled

Edited on by CuteBoyMnM

CuteBoyMnM

PSN: m48blueteam

RogerRoger

@Kairu Iki Island has some gorgeous locations. Hope to see more shots, but no pressure! And thanks; I did, I really enjoyed Sonic Frontiers (and might do again soon, so there might be more of it to come)!

@Thrillho Heh, that you can't. Cheers! Thirty hours well-spent, I'd say.

Really like your Biomutant shots, thanks for sharing! The first, sixth and eighth are my favourites, either because you've captured the landscape well or because of the lighting. Sometimes, in big sprawling games, a simple Photo Mode can help you keep a quick pace; given that you weren't 100% bowled over by the game anyway, maybe it's a good thing that you weren't tempted to stick around? You've captured some great picture-postcard highlights regardless!

@CuteBoyMnM Welcome and yes, fantastic shots! Huge thanks for sharing 'em! Those duel shots from Ghost of Tsushima (and whatever game that fourth shot is from; apologies, I don't recognise it) are perfectly timed, excellent work! Loving the landscape in that last shot, too.

There'll be a forum screenshot competition starting in a few weeks, for screenshots you've captured this past year. Would you like me to tag you when it gets underway? No pressure!

Making It So Since 1987

CuteBoyMnM

@Kairu Thanks for the welcome, big fan of your first and third pics of Ghost of Tsushima. I always forget that there's a snowy area in the game and I'm a sucker for sunsets.

@RogerRoger Thanks so much, really impressed by your pics from Gotham Knights and now I gotta give Sonic Frontiers a look after some of those locales. My 4th pic is from Nioh 2, love that game to death and it helps that it's photo mode has a frame-by-frame option to help cycle through animations so I can get the best action poses. I really wish more action games could incorporate it into their games.

Sure you can tag me when the competition starts as I would love to throw my hat in the ring. Can't guarantee I'll hold up to the others but I've got time to practice.

CuteBoyMnM

RogerRoger

@CuteBoyMnM Thank you, that's real kind of you to say!

Ah, that explains it, as I've never played Nioh 2 before. That frame-by-frame feature in its Photo Mode sounds absolutely fantastic, though; agreed, I wish more Photo Modes had similar! It'd cut down on the amount of luck I have to rely on when capturing action shots!

And great, will do! I'm sure you'll be more of a contender than you think you'll be!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Early shots from SnowRunner as I figure out its limited-but-effective Photo Mode.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KAIRU My thanks! I was surprised by how pretty the game was, in all honesty! Doubt I'll come away with hundreds of new desktop wallpapers, but it's nice to have the option regardless.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KAIRU Wow, these are gorgeous! They're vibrant and colourful and real exciting to look at! What makes you unsure about them, if you don't mind me asking?

Making It So Since 1987

CuteBoyMnM

I've been on a Sifu kick in anticipation for their Fall update as well as trying to get something out of God of War: Ragnarok (Still gonna wait till they add a photo mode for it). Hopefully these pics turned out okay.

Untitled
Untitled
Easter Egg for other Sony games (I can name all except for 4, maybe someone else knows more than me)
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

@Kairu Yeah those look great. The first pic looks straight out of a car commercial with the fourth one having a cool vintage style.

CuteBoyMnM

RogerRoger

@CuteBoyMnM Well, that's spooky! I just started Sifu earlier today, and was about to share these!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Your shots from it are great, especially considering how clunky the Photo Mode's interface is (although I've seen far, far worse, so I'm not complaining)! You've got a superb eye for action, which I'm not confident enough to capture outside of the tutorial. Some excellent brawls there!

Good work with God of War as well, considering it doesn't even have a Photo Mode! Great timing!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@KAIRU GT7 is just an insanely good looking game so must be a great one to tinker around with in photo mode. Nothing to worry about with those shots as they’re great!

@CuteBoyMnM @RogerRoger Neat Sifu shots from you both and I’m impressed as getting mid action shots quite often leaves you a bit exposed in the game. Not great in something as unforgiving as this game

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic