Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 3,152

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger thanks man, I really appreciate it! Don't know why I loved taking photos so much 😅. I was trying to finish the damn thing! I'm on Virmire now though and have done all the sidequests up until this point so I'm more or less on the final push!

Lovely horizon shots there! I decided to click the spoiler ones as I have no point of reference for what anything means due to having not played them yet. Nice birdy too, I particularly like the third to last photo of it with the lens flare, canted angle and sense of kineticism.

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Well, you've got the bug now! And with two more Mass Effect games to go, as well as the finale of the first one, you'll find plenty more photo opportunities, I'm sure!

And thank you, too! It's difficult to take a bad shot in such a pretty game, but I am slightly proud of those last two shots from the "Traversal Gameplay Spoiler" category, which are my most recent ones from yesterday. It was neat getting back to a Photo Mode, albeit briefly!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@velio84 Beautiful shot, well-captured! A real picture postcard, thanks for sharing!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@RogerRoger Nice shots! I’m very drawn to the colour palette. What game are these from?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

@Jimmer-jammer Thanks! They're from Submerged: Hidden Depths, specifically its PS5 version. It's one of those combat-free "relaxploration" games. Comes with an incredibly basic Photo Mode (no filters, no depth of field, you can't even tilt the frame) but that's more than its predecessor had, so I'm happy!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Untitled
Not the fireflies!

Untitled
Filter thy name be vibrant

Untitled
Goddamn leaves getting in everyone's face

Untitled
schwing!

Untitled
"Be vewy quiet Jin. We're hunting wabbits bears"

Untitled
Let there be light!

Untitled
My super artsy fartsy shot titled "Honour"

Untitled
A "hint" of yellow

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Very nice work! Love that fourth one; perfect mid-combat timing, and with the sword glint up to max, I'm guessing! The lighting and environmental effects are achingly beautiful. You show them off brilliantly in that badass sixth shot there. I also love that seventh profile shot, and not just because I used that same filter a lot in my own efforts! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Lol and now I've probably ruined them for you adding stupid descriptions for each shot @RogerRoger

Thanks though Rog and glad you liked them.

Yeah I did put the sword glint up to max in the 4th shot. Just on the bridge in the prologue on the way to fighting Khan. Very happy with the little sword motion effect I got going there too.

The sixth was shot in a little house near the hotsprings where you go find someone to lead you to the archery guy. Couldn't get a good shot that blocked out the two ladies on the right hand side though.

... The fact I can't seem to do lens flares though means it's a instant 0/10 and a rubbish photo mode

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Not at all, I appreciate the laughs!

You seem to be taking shots in roughly the same places I did, although I think I found a different place for my sixth shot equivalent later in the game (there are plenty of houses in misty places where the light streams through a window or doorway like that). Again yeah, there are options from other Photo Modes that would've been appreciated, like the ability to make NPCs disappear, but on balance it's still one of the most detailed and entertaining Photo Modes I've had the pleasure of playing with.

Alas, I think the game's free of lens flare, but I found that you can tweak the contrast and depth of field to generate an impressive amount of bloom from some light sources. Depending on what (or who) you then put in front of said light sources, you can fudge a similar effect, if you're so inclined.

Which of course you are, Your Royal Highness, Queen of Lens Flare!

Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@RogerRoger Thanks! I’ve haven’t heard of it. And as for the basic photo mode, they say a true artist makes the most of what they have (or something like that), so nice work!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Tjuz

Since Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is currently free with an Amazon Prime subscription for Prime Day, I no longer had any excuse to keep delaying my first playthrough with it. I was waiting to buy it once more mods were ported from the originals, but most of the ones I was interested in are there now so it felt like the perfect opportunity to start. I modded the hell out of it since this is gonna be my fourth playthrough anyway, so I figured the more new additions the better! Most importantly though, I added all the well known texture mods to really push the game to its limits and make it the prettiest you can possibly make it. I also added a custom shader to make the game a bit more vibrant and rich in its colour palette instead of the just having the dreary colours the games sometimes like to have, while still making sure it stays true to the original art direction. If anyone's interested I could show a comparison picture of that next time as well. Anyway... I am very pleased with the results as the game looks absolutely stunning. Here's a screenshot I took earlier on Eden Prime. I can't wait to continue.

Untitled

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Jimmer-jammer You're too kind, thank you!

@Tjuz Blimey, I thought the Legendary Edition all by itself made the games look amazing, but I can see the benefit of those mods you've installed there! It's the finer detail, like the texture on Shep's weapons being slightly more weathered and whatnot. Stunning stuff, and an excellent shot! Hope you enjoy your fourth playthrough of the trilogy, and please do share more shots, if you take 'em!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Mr_B021

Untitled
I took this shot in the weekly time trial challenge on the Gran Turismo 7 thread.

Edited on by Mr_B021

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Jimmer-jammer

Finally uploading some Elden Ring shots. There's no photo mode to speak of, but I wanted to showcase some of the incredible environmental detail and beautiful colours that From Software have packed into this game. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of shots but had a few stored away.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

RogerRoger

@Mr_B021 Good grief, those headlights! Amazing shot, perfect timing and angle!

@Jimmer-jammer Sorry to hear you lost some of your screencaps, but the ones you've saved do a great job of showcasing Elden Ring, so I'm glad you've still got 'em. It might not be my kinda game, but I've got to admit, it looks incredibly pretty in parts! Loving the colours in the third and last shots in particular!

Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@RogerRoger Thanks! It’s a stunning game in parts, with a dormant, melancholic beauty waiting idly for perspective to unlock it; the way a leaf is unaware of it’s own beauty as it wilts and dies.

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Contrary to what some people seem to think, the games aren't all dark dungeons and dreary landscapes.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Jimmer-jammer That's one heck of a poetic description! Makes me feel kinda redundant for just looking at your shots and merely thinking "Yeah, pretty game is pretty!"

@JohnnyShoulder I mean, I'm sure there are dark dungeons and dreary landscapes dotted about, but you're right, a game or series should never be judged on reputation alone. Serves me right for having less than a passing interest in Elden Ring and its ilk, I suppose!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic