Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 3,152

BearsEatBeets

@TheIdleCritic Nice pics. It's one of gaming's tragedies that we seem unlikely to ever get a sequel which could have expanded on a great foundation and unique and interesting IP.

@JohnnyShoulder Just when you have me thinking the game is looking great you throw in the third shot I've decided to finish up MM before I start to give them a bit more time to maybe get out an extra patch or two. I'm confident it's playable enough on the PS5 but want it to be as good as it can be when I play without waiting on the full blown next gen upgrade.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RR529

It's been ages since I've last posted any screenshots, but that doesn't mean I haven't been taking any.

First some shots of Tetris Effect (PSVR) I took eons ago but never posted.

Looking up to down, this is really impressive in VR.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It also has some impressive effects (oh, that's where they came up with the name).
Untitled

Next up some Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (PS4), which I've been playing around with recently.

First a couple of screens from the story mode.
Untitled
Untitled

Even some guests from Virtua Fighter show up to party.
Untitled

Finally discovered the photo mode (being DOA I knew it had to have one, but it's annoyingly not available when you're playing. You have to save a fight as a video or be watching a "com vs com" fight to access it, though I guess this makes sense to make it easier to take a shot of that split second moment). Anyhow here's one of the few shots I've taken with it so far.
Untitled

Finally some day & night shots in Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch).

Satorl Marsh
Untitled
Untitled

Eryth Sea
Untitled
Untitled

Valak Mountain
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@RR529 I hope her outfit zips up in Xenoblade, itโ€™s all well and good having a physics-defying booby jumpsuit on a beach but sheโ€™d be freezing on that mountain ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Plumbingโ€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

mookysam

Brilliant Code Vein screenshots @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy! I love the red noir ones.

Spider-Man Remastered

Untitled
Sunset Pirouette

Untitled
Mirror Splash - I was very fond of this suit. Reflections look wonderful on it.

Untitled
Laser Drop

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Untitled
Dathomir Noir

Untitled
Battle in Violet

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

Thank you very kindly @mookysam! I actually got rid of two posts from here with even more Code Vein shots as it felt like I was cluttering the thread with too many of 'em lol

The Mirrorsuit looks quite cool and the laser drop pic looks rather good too!

Some good Miles Morales shots there @BearsEatBeets. The third and last shots are my favourite! I think we're in good hands with you being a judge for next year's screenshot comp

And as for your Cybrrpunk 2077 shots @JohnnyShoulder? Well... You summed it up pretty well in that it can really look quite good when it wants too even without a next gen upgrade... And unfortunately also look like complete ass at times too

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy They're not cluttering at all, your Code Vein shots are great.

Just a few Assassin's Creed Odyssey ones today. I'm too tired to think of witty titles!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I really like this underwater one. It looks otherworldly and mystical.

Untitled

And the last watery mirror Spider-Man Remastered...

Untitled

Black Lives Matter

Thrillho

@mookysam Nice. The mirrored Spider-Man suit is great for pics! And I like the second AC shot best out of that lot.

Thrillho

Anti-Matter

Murray from Sly Cooper Thieves in Time PS3 with Geisha outfits. ๐Ÿคญ
Untitled

Anti-Matter

HallowMoonshadow

I really quite like the underwater shot you've singled out there @mookysam! It's almost dreamlike

Plus the mirrorsuit in Spider-Man looks fantastic once again.

Here's some of the Code Vein shots I took down then with two extra pics put in!

Here's my two CV shots that didn't make it through the screenshot comp.

Untitled
Dodging with Style - Action

Untitled
The City Of Thorns - Landscape (I really wanted to put this one in action just cus she's sliding down a ladder lol ๐Ÿ˜‚)

And here's the rest of the shots

Untitled
I use all my bayonets by jumping 10 feet into the air... Don't you?

Untitled

Untitled
Holy Anime Batman! It's... Anime Batwoman?!

Untitled
Wait for me!

Untitled

And because I just couldn't help myself.

One last "Bloodlust"/ Red Noire filter

Untitled

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@Thrillho Cheers. I took quite a few with the mirror suit, but liked the ones in the sewer best! It's quite tricky to get good action shots in Assassin's Creed Odyssey as the characters are not often lined up in particularly optimal positions.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks. I couldn't think of the word yesterday, but reckon it's quite ethereal. Thanks also for your excellent Code Vein shots, it's a very visually striking game, especially with the noir filters! City of Thorns reminds me a little of Madworld on the Wii (and sliding down ladder shots are always quite a cool action pose) and I really like the blue contrasted with the black in Dodging With Style. The snowstorm one looks great with its blueish hue, too.

Black Lives Matter

HallowMoonshadow

Ethereal certainly is a pretty good way to describe that underwater shot of yours for sure @mookysam! That final Assassin's Creed shot of yours with that tomb/underground hallway's quite a good looking shot too and very nicely lit!

And thanks for the praise! I'm really quite fond of how good the snowstorm shot came out as well. That's the Blue Bloodlust/Blue Noire filter (Same as the dodging with style shot) with the exposure cranked up a bit. "The Ridge Of Frozen Souls" really plays well with that filter and I have a fair few pics using it in that area... including a few I took of the boss.

I have a number of screenshots I've saved for an eventual review including a few alternates... But I won't promise anything as I never got that Divinity review out that still haunts me

mookysam

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The lighting is one of the visual highlights in Odyssey. It looks much plainer in the nighttime scenes. I started the game on the vanilla PS4 and am now finishing it on the PS5, so it's nice to see the enhanced shadows and detail.

Noir filters are my favourite because of how moody they are. Your snowstorm shot is very atmospheric! And no pressure to write your review. I find it's actually more difficult for games I've really enjoyed; I've been working on a Zelda one on and off since February! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Black Lives Matter

Thrillho

I'm still threatening this thread with a dump of some of the 100 or so TLOU2 screenshots I have (if twitter will allow me to upload so many images anyway!)

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho
Untitled

There's been so much discussion around that game, I don't think anybody could cry "Spoilers!" (and it's been long enough since launch anyway).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I wouldn't say photo mastery but thanks all the same @Arugula and sorry for tempting you into lightening your wallet! ๐Ÿ˜…

It's not quite as precise in combat as the Souls games (or any of the other soulslikes from what I know) but I'm quite enjoying the story elements of it and I do quite like the gothic designs myself even if some characters are dressed a bit on the skimpy side.

I did put a longer impressions piece in the review topic a few pages back if you're interested!

As far as I'm aware there isn't a photomode and I can't get rid of the minimap or HUD elements either from what I can tell playing through the story (I also forgot to turn subtitles off) so apologies @RogerRoger

But here's some Mafia: Definitive Edition shots

Untitled

Untitled
I quite like the cheeky little smirk Tommy has here and how Frank's been lit up as well

Untitled

Untitled
I'm not much of a car person... But I do quite like all these vintage motors

Untitled
Not one of the reflections that really wowed me... But it still looks rather nice regardless

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Wow, thanks for the tag! No worries about the HUD, it actually helps give a good impression of the in-game experience. Looks fantastic, and really atmospheric (and you're right, that is a cheeky little smirk!). I think you just sold me on it. Cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I was just about to chime in about the demo ๐Ÿ˜„

The character creator is really quite extensive in Code Vein despite the limited outfits availible for you to chose from @Arugula... I spent like a good hour working on my character!

How it tells you about the required stats and stuff can be a little confusing/obtuse to start off with too.

This is my first time with any of the Mafia games and it's really quite something. It because of you and ness's praise of it that really pushed me over into giving it a go and I'm rather pleased so far!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic