Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 3,154

mookysam

@RogerRoger Ace shots. Kentucky Route Zero looks very atmospheric indeed and it’s always nice to see more Fallen Order caps because the game is fab!

@nessisonett Unless you were intentionally going for the love child of Tracey Emin and Gilbert Gottfried then the answer is no.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam Thanks! Yeah, I think you'd really enjoy Kentucky Route Zero. Recommended!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Thank you! Kentucky Route Zero is definitely an interesting one, and won't be for everybody, so I'd encourage the tentative to wait for a sale. If you like Twin Peaks and slow-burn text adventures with narrative ambiguity, however, then you're safe!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I had a handful of shots I was going to use for a DOOM: Eternal review that I don't think I'm ever going to end up writing.

So here's a pic of Doomguy's very own gaming tat!

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho He's got some cool-lookin' tat, for sure! I'm a little jealous!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Some good stuff on the previpus page. I particularly like the DOOM Slayer with all his collectables. I'm really jealous!

Here's a few screenshots from Nexomon: Extinction

Untitled
The Tamer and the Water starter Noki on the splash screen

Untitled
Untitled
I thought the Pokémon references were rather cute here

Untitled
Five minutes in and I'm spoilt with nine starters to choose from!

Untitled
I chose you Trebl- Oh my gosh that's a huge level difference!

Untitled
Coco breaks the 4th wall quite a bit... (And yes those kids are skipping on a beam of a broken bridge!)

Untitled
My first day AND job as a Guild Tamer... What have I gotten myself into?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That looks tons of bright fun! Just don't tell the Poké-Lawyers about it. Are you enjoying the game, or is it a pretty predictable copy-paste?

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That looks tons of bright fun! Just don't tell the Poké-Lawyers about it. Are you enjoying the game, or is it a pretty predictable copy-paste?

It IS on switch too (No to mention Xbox & Steam alongside PS4) so they didn't seem to have a problem

I've actually seen the end credits of the game a couple of hours ago @RogerRoger and despite it being a bit rough and unpolished compared to nintendo's hit franchise... I honestly found it to be quite a blast

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Cool, sounds like it could act as a nice alternative for non-Switch gamers who've gotta catch 'em all. Glad you enjoyed it!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I'm no wizard with a photo mode like @RogerRoger... But hopefully these are some not bad attempts for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (I've only played the third so this is my first time with the... Well first game lol)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
This is the shot I'm most pleased with out of all of them

Untitled

Untitled

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You do yourself a disservice; those are great! My favourite is the third, I think (as I'm always a sucker for some extreme Dutch angles) but I can see why you've singled out the fourth! You're making much better use of the frames than I do, as well.

Despite the games showing their age, you can get some super shots from The Nathan Drake Collection, as you've just proven! Hope you're enjoying Drake's Fortune thusfar?

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I'm quite fond of the third myself too as well as there's very little trickery there beyond the frame and tilt.

I think I like the fourth more personally because I feel I've actually used a lot of effects somewhat successfully... Getting that film grain just right in particular as all the other times I attempted it looked awful @RogerRoger

And I am enjoying it so far. Nothing groundbreaking and a bit more cover based shooting then I was honestly expecting but an enjoyable romp none the less. Just on my way to the monestary

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, my apologies, as I've made you type that out twice now! I should really read the other topics before replying. Glad you're enjoying it, though! It often surprises me how much the Uncharted games descend into being pure shooters, but I guess that just means I'm remembering the puzzles and platforming more fondly.

And yeah, that film grain can be tricky. You've nailed it there, but it can totally bork some distance shots, as it ends up just obscuring key details. Always depends on the shot, so trust your eye!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Having finished Need For Speed: Payback, I have to say I quite enjoyed playing around with the photo mode in that;

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Sweet, nice work! The second and second-to-last shots are my favourite there. More driving games need Photo Modes, that's for sure!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger It was really easy to open as well with it just being linked to left on the d-pad which made grabbing pics easy. My only criticism was not being able to tinker with the time of day but otherwise it was good fun to mess around with.

Trying to catch good shots mid-race or chase was tricky though as you've got to try and judge what the hell is going to happen when you go back into the game

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yeah, devs that give Photo Mode a dedicated button are my heroes. I know it's tough to do sometimes, given how most games use up everything available for gameplay purposes, but the two most common methods (pausing and selecting "Photo Mode" from the main menu, or clicking L3 and L3 simultaneously) can be really unreliable when trying for split-second timing.

And I hear you. That's why I tend not to take too many combat or action shots during my first playthrough, as I have a tendency to get smacked upside my head when coming out of Photo Mode! I basically have to play on easy, or be prepared to restart from a checkpoint, for some shots.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I think I turn Ellie’s torch on/off every time I try to get a pic in TLOU2

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

A few more Uncharted: Drake's Fortune screenshots

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...Not to toot my own horn... But that last one I think is one of the best screenshots I think i've ever took in a game

Surprised people havent been posting some screenshots from Demon's Souls PS5 in here to be honest... The photo mode in that looks very good and the game naturally looks rather gorgeous!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic