Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,645

Nei

@Kidfried You are right and there is no denying that - I am heavily biased here but I am genuinely surprised by the PS crowd choosing MW over something more stylish and diverse and "PlayStation-y" in many ways.
That said COD games are a BIG deal and I have no doubts they are well developed and crafted.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

BAMozzy

@Feena CoD games may not be everyone's cup of tea but even games like Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare etc have 'great' campaigns that play well. Well crafted, good visually and the weapons have weight to them too. The characters can be a bit 'Rambo' and not as deep as some action adventure games but they are no worse than we see in War movies. They have a good mix of difficulty levels as well as 'collectables' and 'Challenges' to offer some replayability (if you want). Compared to games like Battlefield or Battlefront, these are superior.

Then of course you get co-op options - which has been just 'Zombies' although BO3 offers a co-op campaign (and a 'Zombie version of that campaign) - both on and offline - even a combination of both. MP also offers this option and can be played against Bots of varying skill levels too. The visuals may not be as good as EA's Frostbite driven games but they do perform better and more consistently. I agree the community can be a bit toxic but you can mute individuals. There is a reason that CoD dominates in this genre despite all the online negativity. Its funny when you watch the 'big name' youtubers who are often critical of the current CoDs are also those who turn round and say how great some of the so called worst games (Ghosts, Advanced Warfare etc) are now. Its as if CoD has to wait a few years after release for it to be appreciated...

I remember when MW2 was revealed and a LOT of the CoD Community were criticising it for being garish, almost cartoony in its use of colour and not befitting a 'war', changing the scoring, Heartbeat monitors etc etc - yet look how that turned out!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RogerRoger

My votes for the current round are as follows:

Star Wars Arcade
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing
Super Mario Odyssey
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

I'm afraid I cannot vote between Dragon Quest VIII or SoulBlade/SoulEdge, as I've never played either of them.

Feels odd to be casting a vote in favour of a Mario game; I'm one of those people who thinks Nintendo games have become incredibly stale, repetitive and unimaginative in recent years, and I do get quite upset when the gaming media give anything Mario or Zelda instant acclaim. Thanks to my partner being a bit of a Nintendo fanboy (hey, opposites attract) I've played both Breath of the Wild and Odyssey recently. The former is ridiculously overrated; nothing in that game hasn't been done before by other open-world action RPGs, and calling it "groundbreaking" just shows how blind and easily-swayed some critics have become... however, I did surrender to the charm of the latter, and am willing to admit that it proved me wrong on SOME of my generalisations about Nintendo's output of late.

Bond being up there is my fault, but as a huge fan of the franchise (in a reversal from how films and television got me into gaming, it was actually a Bond game that got me watching the films and reading the books) I just couldn't leave out what I consider to be the definitive interactive blockbuster. It made me feel like I was in control of a brand new Bond film, and that feeling has influenced and informed me as a gamer moreso than any other. It'll probably crash and burn, but that's okay... I just wanted it to walk on from the right, framed by a gunbarrel, and have a shot.

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

Command and Conquer Red Alert
Final Fantasy VIII
-
Monkey Island 2
Soul Edge

Not got a Switch, and never played a Smash Bros, to my shame...

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

@YummyHappyPills Ha, fair enough. Surely Super Smash Bros Brawl just edges it? Given your disillusionment with Nintendo, there must be some satisfaction in punching the crap out of their most cherished characters?

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gamer83

Super Mario Odyssey

The only head-to-head match-up this round with two games I played. Thought SSB Brawl was a massive disappointment, though not necessarily a terrible game. But SMO bests it easily.

Gamer83

Kidfried

@Feena Haha, I see! I had it the other way around. I was kind of surprised that so many people here voted on a Sonic game. But I see I have a totally different opinion on Generations than you.

I don't feel strong about neither game, though.

Kidfried

0ld_boy

Command & Conquer Red Alert
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing
-
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King

With 4 FF titles in round 2 I vote for the underdog, just because I really had a fun time with it back then.
Souldedge was probably my pick but DQ VIII was just too good

0ld_boy

themcnoisy

Last 12 hours to get your votes in!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Shellcore

Command & Conquer Red Alert
Final Fantasy 8
Super Smash Bros Brawl
SoulBlade/SoulEdge

PSN: Aleks-UK

themcnoisy

Thats it stop the voting. Results coming right up.

themcnoisy

VS Battlers - L - Result
Star Wars Arcade - 7 Command & Conquer Red Alert - 16
Final Fantasy 8 - 16 James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing - 7
Super Mario Odyssey - 15 Super Smash Bros Brawl - 7
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - 19 Warhawk - 3
Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King - 10 SoulBlade/SoulEdge - 8

All the winners are through, all the losers are out! Thanks for joining in everyone.

themcnoisy

VS BATTLES - CLIMAX - Voting closes at approximately 9pm on Saturday 17th of March

Final Fantasy Tactics vs Mother 3
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 vs Black
Mario Kart SNES vs World of Warcraft
Fear Effect: Retro Helix vs Pokemon Gold/Silver
Marvel vs Capcom 2 vs Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

The very end to round 1 now in play. Well done to everyone who has helped grind our way through this!

Edited on by themcnoisy

AdamNovice

Fear Effect: Retro Helix
Marvel Vs Capcom 2

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Doopliss

Mother 3
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2
Mario Kart SNES
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking butt, but he's taking names!

Wesker

Mario Kart SNES
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Wesker

DerMeister

-Super Mario Kart (I've barely played it, but I've never touched WoW)
-Pokemon Gen 2 (I've put a ton of time into Gold. Never finished it, but it was the first one I got all the gym badges for)
-Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (It may be broken, but it's still one of the best fighters even today)

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Fight_Teza_Fight

Final Fantasy Tactics
-
Mario Kart SNES
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Star Fox 64

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

BAMozzy

Mother 3
Black
Mario Kart SNES
Fear Effect: Retro Helix
Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.