Forums

Topic: The best Nintendo game of all Time! (Readers Poll Voting Going on Now!!)

Posts 161 to 180 of 761

carlos82

@KratosMD haha well for me and my rose tinted specs I went for MK64 largely because of the great times I had with 3 friends on battle mode, block fort in particular back in the late 90's. Yeah I kind of agree it's one of the worst MK games but still actually very good but I had so much fun with local multiplayer on the N64, with this and Goldeneye and that's something that has sadly never been replicated for me on any console since. Well that and Melee is much better than Brawl too 😃

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

themcnoisy

RESULT

Resident Evil 4 (8) - Zelda a Link between Worlds (9)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (7) - Balloon Fight (4)
Diddy Kong Racing (8) - Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (6)
Mario Kart 64 (9) - Super Smash Bros Brawl (5)

All the winners are through - All the losers are out. Big news Resi 4, Pokemon Sapphire / Ruby and Super Smash Bros Brawl are all out! OMG.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

New Battles Voting Closes on the 10.2.17 at roughly Midnight.

Donkey Kong Country 2 Snes vs Mario Kart DS
Metroid Fusion GBA vs Luigis Mansion GC
Secret of Evermore Snes vs Ducktales Nes
Wave Race 64 N64 vs Advance Wars GBA

As always pick your favourite from each battle, Some awesome battles in here and a game I've never heard of in my life. But that is the beauty of these tournaments, they open your eyes to hidden gems. Everyone join in. Thanks everyone for taking part so far we have already witnessed some shocks and we haven't even finished the supposed easier battles yet!

Octane

Donkey Kong Country 2 - SNES
Metroid Fusion - GBA
Wave Race 64 - N64

Octane

DerMeister

Mario Kart DS
Advance Wars GBA

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Dichotomy

Donkey Kong Country 2 Snes
Metroid Fusion GBA
Ducktales Nes
Advance Wars GBA

Dichotomy

Gamer83

Mario Kart DS - DS
Metroid Fusion - GBA
Wave Race 64 - N64

@themcnoisy
Surprised the voting was that close between A Link Between Worlds and RE 4, though I guess some of that may have to do with the fact this is being done on a PlayStation website. On NLife I have a feeling it would've been much more in Zelda's favor.

Gamer83

carlos82

Let's see
Donkey Kong Country 2
Luigis Mansion (my pick)
Secret of Evermore (my pick)
Wave Race 64 (even if Blue Storm was much better)

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Ralizah

Donkey Kong Country 2
Metroid Fusion
Ducktales
Advance Wars

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

BAMozzy

Donkey Kong Country 2 Snes
Luigis Mansion GC
Ducktales Nes
Wave Race 64 N64

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@Gamer83 I cant believe Resi 4 is out, I'm pretty sure that was within reach of podium spot in the best game of all time poll we ran maybe 20 months ago. So for it to be out already is crazy!

themcnoisy

Current battles still 37 hours to get your votes In.

Donkey Kong Country 2 Snes vs Mario Kart DS
Metroid Fusion GBA vs Luigis Mansion GC
Secret of Evermore Snes vs Ducktales Nes
Wave Race 64 N64 vs Advance Wars GBA

My picks;

Luigis Mansion
Ducktales
Advance Wars

Octane

@Gamer83 It was a difficult pick for sure. I'm sure I would've picked RE7 over any of the other Zelda handheld games though.

Octane

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy I thought Resi 4 would get further but then it was up against Zelda. Zelda fans are obsessive over that franchise and even a poor Zelda is going get a lot of people voting for it because its 'Zelda'. Personally I think since the N64 Zeldas, they have generally been quite boring and not really offered much progression. I know that 1-2 may well be as good as Ocarina of Time in a 'head to head' but compared to other games out at the time, they were quite boring and lacked the depth - especially compared to other RPGs (like Oblivion). The handheld games though were never likely to match up well against a 'console' RPG but people will still vote 'Zelda' over Oblivion just because its Zelda.

I still don't understand why people are nt able to Vote for the 'best' game but only vote for their favourite. Maybe the title should be changed to PushSquares 'favourite' Nintendo game of all time because people aren't necessarily voting for the 'best'.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

carlos82

@themcnoisy me neither, I didn't think that Zelda game was even particularly good despite borrowing heavily from a Snes classic. The series itself hasn't been great since Wind Waker, though the new one looks like addressing this

Octane

What's up with the "My opinions are objectively better."? Different strokes for different folks. There is no objectively best game, it's all based on preferences and opinions.

Octane

Dichotomy

@BAMozzy Given, as with most things, best is subjective to the person then I don't see how you are going to differentiate between what a person thinks is a better game and a game they like. Personally I never got on with Resi 4 despite trying it on multiple systems - the story is cheesy and the action sequences aren't anything special and the game lost most of its tension from previous games. Given that is my opinion, why would I vote for Resi as better than a game I liked so much I played through the 20 hour story in a few days? It is also worth noting that Zelda ALBW was Gamespot's GOTY so it is not like the game wasn't well received.

@carlos82 It is down to personal preference and it seems more of the people who voted here at least enjoyed Zelda more. It is effectively a sequel to ALttP and, for me, is a better version of that game in almost every way. Of course if it is drawn against ALttP I don't expect it to win, but then again, despite my preference, I didn't expect it to beat Resi as people generally put that game on a pedestal.

Dichotomy

Haruki_NLI

Mario Kart DS (DS)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Ducktales (NES)
Advance Wars (GBA)

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dichotomy

@KratosMD I think that is what he is saying in reply to @BAMozzy saying
"I still don't understand why people are nt able to Vote for the 'best' game but only vote for their favourite. Maybe the title should be changed to PushSquares 'favourite' Nintendo game of all time because people aren't necessarily voting for the 'best'."
Even if we took something like Metacritic to define what is 'best' for us then we could argue that Resi 4's scores have dropped with re-releases over the years showing it aging, whereas Zelda came out after Resi 4 was getting in the low 80's and scored a 91% mean average. As with any vote the winner is the game that the majority of voters believed was better and a person's own preference is not king.

Dichotomy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.