Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,585

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Exactly. I'd have kicked myself if I didn't even explore the opportunity before my PSP inevitably gives up the ghost, but I was impressed by the prices I found on PSN (the Sonic games were £3.69 each, for example, and none of the above was over a tenner) so it became viable to safeguard a few highlights.

Decent copies of Crisis Core: FFVII are insanely expensive nowadays. There's a Japanese collector's edition listed on eBay for almost two grand! That's nuts!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I will forever hold it against my brother that he was careless with some of our old GameCube discs and they’re scratched up. Although, fun fact, my Super Mario Galaxy disc used to be unplayable due to scratches but I wiped it with toothpaste and now it works, albeit with an occasional crash. Nothing will ever beat my Zelda Wind Waker disc, which allowed me to explore one of the islands for as long as I wanted but would crash as soon as I left on my boat. Hooray for disc based media 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Even worse is that, in the States, at least, Crisis Core isn't downloadable on a Vita. And, obnoxiously enough, it's actually connected story-wise to the new Remake. Throw me a bone, Sony!

@nessisonett I've discovered that a local music shop's resurfacing machine is AMAZING for making scratched up old discs playable again. Turned a used copy of Super Mario Sunshine I bought from a tiny frisbee into something that worked like new.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I never even thought about that. We have loads of local music shops (hopefully, who knows with Covid) so I assume at least one of them will have a resurfacing machine. Hilariously enough, while we have stores frequented by famous faces and the like, it’s probably the charity shop that’s the most visited and the most likely to have that machine. They unintentionally because a music haven despite being across the road from the original FOPP, a pretty influential store in the 80s 😂

Ralizah

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! (Switch)
Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC; GOG version)

Ralizah

7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
Stella Glow

All on Nintendo 3DS.

No idea when I'm going to play all this, but I'm remembering how Sony just sort of stopped hosting sales for Vita games I wanted, and I wanted to pick these up before they suffered the same fate.

nessisonett

Vanquish was a couple of quid on Steam so I picked it up alongside Return of the Obra Dinn which was on a big sale too. I have a horrific backlog on PC so good to add to it 😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Three cheers for Vanquish. Having recently blasted through it on PS4, it remains a uniquely bonkers, bone-headed-yet-compelling experience.

Will this be your first time with it, or have you played it before?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger It’s my first time playing but I’m a big Platinum fan so it should be a fun experience!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Should be, absolutely! Looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

Picked up this little collection today, there's a PS2 hidden there somewhere too
Untitled

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

RogerRoger

@carlos82 Whoa! Nice haul; I see a couple of favourites in there!

Any particular reason for going retro?

Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

@RogerRoger I've always been a retro gamer at heart but never really had the space until moving recently. Then with the launch of PS5 and discussions over the best launch games, it just got me interested in collecting for the system, I've got a decent Saturn collection already and now with a launch PS3 can easily play the games. So at the moment it looks like this at home (before I set the PS2 up)

Oh and Astro Bot with its Playstation museum
Untitled

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Thrillho

@carlos82 Nice setup. Have you got the old consoles hooked up to the TV? I still have all my consoles in a box upstairs. I doubt my PS1 still works and it also looks ridiculous as I bought a custom sticker set to put on it (of a Ferrari F1 car FYI).

And an excellent choice of Sonic 2 on the side there

Thrillho

carlos82

@Thrillho cheers, the PS1 isn't setup as I'm waiting for a RAD2X cable to be in stock to hook it up, either that or there's a HDMI mod that's just been released so I may pick that up in the new year. For now the PS3 handles all those games. I'm going to keep it a full Playstation setup on this TV but want a crt for my Saturn as I have the light gun, I had an old TV recently but it died on me sadly.

I found that Sonic 2 in a random box when I moved so just thought I'd keep it, I might get some Megadrive stuff next year too

nessisonett

@carlos82 I saw Ridge Racer Type 4 going for £4 in CEX and was so tempted to pick it up, you can get some proper brilliant retro games at a low price in there!

carlos82

@nessisonett yeah I've got some bargains from there including that one, also PS2 games like Gran Turismo 3 for 50p

nessisonett

@carlos82 Oof, that’s probably still my favourite Gran Turismo so 50p is an absolute bargain. Worth it just to race while Feeder’s Buck Rogers plays in the background 😂

RogerRoger

@carlos82 Beautiful set-up (and I'll second the praise for having Sonic 2 on display)! Zoomed in on some of those games, and definitely approve of your collection!

Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

@RogerRoger haha thanks, the difficulty now is working out how to increase my visible storage as I pick up more games and consoles. I'm tempted by a low black table to the left and maybe have the Playstations that can stand vertically on there with the PS1 games stored underneath.

Oh and for anyone wondering what that coin is next to the Megadrive mini, its actually a replica of the Wolf Medallion from Resident Evil 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic