Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 7,479

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry Ambitious PS6 Disgaea game in 2031 confirmed.

@SoulChimera Lucky dog. I don't even know if my copy is going to ship out.

However I end up getting it, I think either 64 or Galaxy will be first. I played Sunshine a few years ago, so I can wait a bit to revisit it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Argh. Arrogant Nintendo paying third parties to keep their games off other systems again

Octane

nessisonett

Everyone should totally jump on Hades if you haven’t played it already. The best roguelike I’ve ever played and it’s only going to be better in 1.0 as I’ve had loads of fun in the beta. Downloading the update now on my PC!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

MH Stories looks really good. I'm figuring out what the actual gameplay is, but I've always wanted to play the first one, too bad it never came to Wii U or Switch.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane Did you never have a 3DS? They should be rather cheap now and it’s probably my favourite console ever.

Octane

@nessisonett I didn't. Not enough games for my liking to be honest. They are rather cheap nowadays. It's only 120 for a 2DS, but it's the pink one. The XL systems are still quite pricey. I could pick one up during Black Friday this year or next year, because I've heard they're being discontinued, but I'm not sure how to convince my GF after plonking 500 on a PS5 this morning..!

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane I honestly think the library is the best I’ve ever seen, especially considering the BC as well. It’s just so incredibly diverse.

ralphdibny

Mario 3d all stars came in the post today. I really want to try out sunshine but don't want to start it and not get around to finishing it for ages so I've started with 64.

I've been playing it with the gamecube controller but I've had to use the gbros adapter over the official one because the official one doesn't support button remapping. So I've swapped B and X so I can jump with A and punch with B. Not sure how it was mapped on the N64 controller.

Bit of a shame you can't remap the official adapter. I don't like using batteries if I can avoid it and also the official adapter was really responsive. I noticed the teeniest amount of lag with the pro controller and the gbros adapter ( I guess to be expected because they are both wireless) in comparison to the wired official GC adapter. I should probably bite the bullet and get the mayflash one soon, it has a lot more functionality than the official one

See ya!

nessisonett

I bit the bullet and ordered a Pro Controller. Maybe that will enable me to actually play Breath of the Wild without ruining my fingers. Mario should be here today as well and I’m a bit worried that they won’t quite work with the Cube controller as it doesn’t have an L input, only a ZL, which is why I can’t play Zelda with it.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett You're literally never going back to the Joy-Con grip once you get a feel for the Pro Controller. Seriously my second favorite gamepad of the entire generation. I even use it with some Steam games now like Nier Automata and Jedi: Fallen Order

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry I really do love the DS4. I use it loads on PC but if I like the Pro controller then I could use that too!

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Yeah the DS4 still beats it imo but only because of the longer grips and the fact that controller has a built in headphone jack. The Pro Controller takes in a charge through USB-C which is a massive plus however over the DS4.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

mookysam

Mario came earlier. I'm actually quite excited to give Sunshine another shot. Baffled that they didn't up the framerate for Mario 64 and Sunshine or 64's resolution to full HD. I'll use the Joycons for Galaxy so I can use the pointer and shake for the spin jump.

I find the Pro controller alright to use as it's quite comfortable, so mostly my preference for TV play. Still dislike the imprecision of the d-pad and lack of proper shoulder triggers.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Rudy_Manchego

I am picking my copy up - I am probably in the minority in that I bought it to play Sunshine on the go (it was the first 3d Mario I played and therefore my favourite).

I prefer the Pro Controller and use that the most. I play docked a lot.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

ralphdibny

@nessisonett the cube controller works ok for 64 at least, if you can remap the buttons that is, haven't tried sunshine. What adapter do you have?

If it's a g bros over the official, maybe there's an unimportant button you can lose in Zelda and remap L to it in the system settings

See ya!

Octane

As a Sunshine veteran. I do NOT like the new controls. They remapped dive to Y, B is a second jump button (why?). The camera mode used to be on Y, but is now on right stick press. And there is no option to revert the game back to inverted camera. I find it to be pretty much unplayable this way. It's 2020, and Nintendo still hasn't figured out basic game options.

Octane

RR529

Amazon says my copy is out for delivery, so I should get it today!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@Octane That’s some horrible controls, the original button mappings were perfect. Could they not even have included different presets?

@ralphdibny I have the official, it came with the Smash bundle. The Pro controller does feel really good though in my hands, I just don’t quite have the same muscle memory yet that I have with the Cube controller.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic