Forums

Topic: Another Definitive Best Game of All Time Megapoll (Quarter finals)

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,030

themcnoisy

This just doesn't get any easier.

1) Destiny
2) Dreams (2 of my picks were in this group funnily)
3) Halo CE
4) Halo the master chief collection
5) Forza Horizon 4
6) Earthbound

I'm currently playing the master chief collection for achievements and ran the first mission in Halo Reach, on legendary solo with 3 scoring skulls (famine, catch and black eye) for an achievement. It took me close to 2 hours and was brutal. Running away to find ammo and sneaking up whilst my npc teammates distracted the elites. Never doing that again but it's a testament to how good Halo 1-3 + Reach are, easily my favourite fps before they went all cod cloney and the campaigns became an afterthought. That achievement was as satisfying as anything I've played in the last few years.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Gbarsotini

List 1
God of war
List 2
Doom 2
List 3
GTA 3
List 4
GTA 4
List 5
Grim fandango
List 6
Donkey kong country 2

Gbarsotini

Constable_What

List 1: Dragon's Dogma

List 2: Halo Reach

List 3: Grand Theft Auto 3

List 4: Grand Theft Auto IV

List 5: Hitman: Blood Money

List 6: Hades

Ooh, every one of the lists were pretty tough for me to choose! Lol

But List 6...oh my God....Choosing between Genshin, Hades, Earthbound, and Hollow Knight!... To be honest, Hades got a slight edge due to the volume of people choosing it. It's well deserved, I remember being genuinely happy when Hades won GOTY at the VGAs, it was the dark horse against TLOU Part 2.

Edited on by Constable_What

Constable_What

Jackpaza0508

1. Enter the Gungeon (PS4)
2. Dreams (PS4)
3. Doom Eternal (PS4)
4. Fez (PS4)
5. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One)
6. Hades (PS4)

He/Him

Mostik

1 - Destiny
2 - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
3 - Doom Eternal
4 - GTA IV
5 - Grim Fandango
6 - Hades

Mostik

mookysam

List 1: God of War
List 2: Halo: Reach
List 3: Halo: Combat Evolved
List 4: Grand Theft Auto IV
List 5: Dishonored 2
List 6: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RBRTMNZ

Abstain
Abstain
Doom Eternal
Halo MCC
Forza Horizon 4
Hades

Switch/Series X/PS5
Favorite Games - Slay the Spire, Mario Kart, God of War R, Mario Odyssey, Celeste, Control

RBRTMNZ

I love your process. I think the recent GQ list ended up a little weird because they only did the first part, taking everyone's suggestions and aggregating them. I think they would have ended up with a much better list if they then asked contributors vote on the top 200-300 and used those results.

Switch/Series X/PS5
Favorite Games - Slay the Spire, Mario Kart, God of War R, Mario Odyssey, Celeste, Control

RogerRoger

List 2
Doom 2 (PC)

List 4
Dragon Age II (PS3)

List 5
Hitman: Blood Money (PS2)

Gosh darn it, making me choose between Dino Crisis and Dragon Age II was downright cruel, even if I was the one who nominated the latter!

Sorry I can't vote in every list, but hope the above helps all the same!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RBRTMNZ Thanks, and I hope we end up with a better list. I think we can. Remind me at the end of all this, and I will also share the top games based on that first round.

Then we can see whichever method works better!

And obviously were going to end with a somewhat different list than GQ, seeing as we're PlayStation focused. We should do a list like this with all sister sites someday for the Definitive Definitive poll.

Kidfried

RBRTMNZ

@Kidfried I would love to see a combined list from the sister sites. I'm sure sony games will rise to the top because this is a PS site and many of them are really ridiculously good but so far I have been impressed by the amount of people willing to vote for nintendo, xbox, and third party games. The sister sites all seem to have fostered a communities that are filled with normal fans who are focused on enjoying their favorite console rather than toxic fanboys who focus on hating other consoles.

Switch/Series X/PS5

Kidfried

@RBRTMNZ I think all three sites have a nice mix of dedicated to a platform players and all-round gamers (and everything in between). It's what makes these communities interesting.

Kidfried

Jill_Sandwich

List 1 - Destiny
List 2 - halo reach
List 3 - halo combat evolved
List 4 - Dino crisis
List 5 - grim fandango
List 6 - earthbound

Jill_Sandwich

Buckeye4Life2015

1. Halo 3
2. Diablo 2
3. GTA 3
4. Dino Crisis
5. Dishonored 2
6. Donkey Kong Country 2

Buckeye4Life2015

Kidfried

I'm going to close voting! I forgot to vote myself, so I'll do that quickly, before I will start counting.

EDIT: scratch that, during counting discovered I already voted. Haha.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

RESULTS
Results are in! This was a less exciting round than the last one, judging by the difference in votes between some of the games, but... the match-up between Grim Fandango and Hitman ended with only one vote difference.

And honestly, I'm quite surprised with most of the results. Hadn't expect those winners.

Untitled

Group 1
Winner: God of War (PS2) (19 votes)
Runner-up: Destiny (PS3) (9 votes)

Group 2
Winner: Doom 2 (PC) (16 votes)
Runner-up: Dreams (PS4) (11 votes)

Group 3
Winner: Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2) (21 votes)
Runner-up: Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox) (11 votes)

Group 4
Winner: Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) (18 votes)
Runner-up: Fez (PS4) (11 votes)

Group 5
Winner: Hitman: Blood Money (PS2) (16 votes)
Runner-up: Grim Fandango (PS1) (15 votes)

Group 6
Winner: Hades (PS4) (22 votes)
Runner-up: Hollow Knight (PS4) (11 votes)

UntitledUntitledUntitled
UntitledUntitledUntitled

Thanks for voting everyone!

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic