Forums

Topic: Another Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll (Round 1)

Posts 141 to 160 of 165

ArkhamJoker1998

1. Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS3) - My favourite game of all time. I played the PS3 version, as I never had the PS2 version and it was one of the first PS3 games I played (I got a PS3 extremely late in 2015) but I just loved every second of the game. The music and atmosphere is absolutely incredible and I love Agro so much.

2. Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded/Going Commando (PS2) - I grew up playing the original game but never got through this one as a kid, I think I only got to planet Oozla due to a scratch on the disc. This game improved on everything in the first and I think it isn't given as much credit as it deserves.

3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2) - Another game I missed out on when I was younger, but adored as I played it as an adult. Again, I think this one improved on the previous games and also had a great story and soundtrack. Really hoping that the much rumoured remake is real and not fake (as it has been before)

4. Borderlands 2 (PS4) - I'm sort of cheating for this one, as it was originally a PS3 game, but I had to try and fit all my games in, which all seemed to be PS2/3 games. Going with the theme, this game again is a sequel that improved on the foundations of the previous games. Whilst the story is fairly basic, Handsome Jack elevates the game and is one of the best villains in gaming history, so much so that every subsequent villain in the series has been poor in comparison.

5. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) - Bucking the trend, I have a first game in the series as my next choice. Whilst Arkham City is objectively the better game, and I do agree it is a better game, I just prefer Asylum as it feels more cramped and like everyone is against you. The only let down is that the final boss is a bit disappointing, but it doesn't take away from the game overall.

6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - The first non Sony game on my list, is arguably the greatest game of all time. A fairly massive departure from the previous games in the series, BotW is a reason to buy a Switch, if simply just for this one game. I think this game is nearly faultless, the only issue being the Korok seeds which I never did bother to collect them all.

My honourable mention is Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue (PS1) as this was the evry first game I ever played and I have always (and always will) love Toy Story.

ArkhamJoker1998

melaneil

1) Spyro The Dragon - PS1
2) Ratchet & Clank - PS2
3) Bloodborne - PS4
4) Persona 4 Golden - PSV
5) Pokemon FireRed / LeafGreen - GBA
6) Monkey Island 2 LeChuck's Revenge - PC

melaneil

FuriousMachine

@Th3solution Know how you feel, my backlog is massive! And yet, I know I will find the time to add my fourth or fifth playthrough of the ME trilogy; they are truly my favourite games easily available on the current generation. ME2 has many good renegade moments to look forward to (there is a pretty satisfactory defenestration moment, if I recall correctly)

FuriousMachine

AndyKazama

Nier Automata - PS4
Bloodborne - PS4
Resident Evil Remake - Gamecube
Silent Hill 2 - PS2
Nier Replicant - PS3
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Wii

AndyKazama

tomassi

Sensible World of Soccer 93/94 - Amiga 1200
Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past - SNES
Super Mario Allstars + Super Mario World - SNES
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 - PS2
GTA Vice City - PS2
Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4

tomassi

mrraditch

Dark Souls (PS3)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Katamari Damacy (PS2)
Rayman Legends (PS4)

mrraditch

LordAinsley

Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS1
Tetris - Gameboy
XCOM - Enemy Unknown - Xbox 360
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - PS4
Fallout: New Vegas - PC
Hades - PS5

This is hard. It's probably not 100% accurate but I tried to do it as quickly as possible rather than pondering and overthinking my choices.

LordAinsley

GhostOkami

Borderlands 2 (xbox 360) picked it up the week it came out never heard about it before fell in love instantly. Have got all achievements/trophies 2-3 times now and still find it enjoyable handsome Jack was such a good villain.
Skyrim (xbox 360) legit have played through the game 5+ times with the same build and still find new things each time.
Resident evil 4 (Gamecube) The games iconic and playing it as a kid and running into the chainsaw villager for the first time was terrifying.
Stardew Valley (playstation 4) Picked it up 2021 and for two weeks I did nothing but play the game found it at the perfect time as that was a really bad time and the game "saved me" in a way.
Grand theft auto 5 (playstation 4) I can only hope GTA 6 is as good as 5 was. Michael, Trevor and Franklin were the perfect protagonists for the game and gta online was a really good time.
Legend of zelda Ocarina of time (Nintendo 64) This is one of the few zelda games I've completed and its due a replay sometime soon.

GhostOkami

gbanas92

Thanks for the shout @Kidfried ! Sure I'll join!

I like making these types of lists for myself to just pass the time now and again, so I've got a few picks ready-made for this!

1. Kentucky Route Zero (PC)
2. Alan Wake (360)
3. Bioshock (360)
4. Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (PC)
5. The Last Of Us (PS3)
6. Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PC)

Honorable mentions past the top 6!
Half-Life (PC)
Dusk (PC)
Medal Of Honor (PS1)
Timesplitters 2 (PS2)

I had to leave a ton off the list, but that's at least some of it!

[Edited by gbanas92]

If at first you don't succeed, just lower the difficulty! Or just try again!

PSN: gbanas92 | Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

I’ve already voted & sticking by it, but as we are doing honourable mentions mine would be:
•RuneScape (PC)
•Football Manager 14 (PC)
•Double Dragon (SNES)
•TimeSplitters 3 Future Perfect (PS2)
•True Crime: Streets of LA (PS2)
•Need for Speed Underground 2 (PS2)

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Ralizah

Honorable Mentions:

• Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita)
  • Gravity Rush (PS Vita)
  • Corpse Party (PSP)
  • Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (3DS)
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (3DS)
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS)
  • Contra 4 (NDS)
  • Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (NDS)
  • Shantae (GBC)
  • Tetris Effect (PS4)
  • Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
  • Silent Hill (PS1)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
  • Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak (NS)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
  • Resident Evil aka "REmake" (GC)
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GC)
  • Yoshi's Island (SNES)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

I could go on. There are a lot of good games out there.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition (PS4); Plants vs Zombies (PC)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

I think most of my honorable mention games have been nominated by other people, so I’m happy about that.

Some games that are probably in my top 20 or so which have not been nominated (although I might have missed them though in the avalanche of submissions) are: Control, Dragon’s Dogma, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Gran Turismo 3, Metal Gear Solid V, Tomb Raider 2, Detroit Become Human, and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

Edit: After quickly surveying the posts again I stand corrected — thanks to @Ludacritz for nominating Control, to @tomassi for nominating THPS 3, and @Elodin for nominating Dragon’s Dogma.

I’m surprised no one held up the banner for MGS5, despite its mixed reception, and that Lost Legacy is the only Uncharted to have not been nominated and it’s arguably the best one. 😄

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Th3solution wrote:

I’m surprised no one held up the banner for MGS5…

I was this 👌 close

**** DLC!

Kidfried

@Th3solution Lost Legacy is the best Uncharted by far. It has the best balance in action, combat and narrative of all three games. It has a more mature writing and the open areas are a very good evolution of Uncharted gameplay. (And I like it's protagonists a lot.)

Its nature as kind of a supplement or standalone DLC is always going to work against its legacy.

Lost Legacy is my second to favorite Naughty Dog game. And yea, Metal Gear Solid 5 is my second to favorite Kojima game. I voted for my number ones, though: The Last of Us and Metal Gear Solid 3 (even though so many others have done as well).

Kidfried

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Me too. It appears to be the only mainline MGS game that hasn’t been nominated (similar situation to UC:LL in that regard). MGS5 is in the running with MGS3 for my favorite of the series and honestly I think most days I’d say 5 edges it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Kidfried I agree that for a lot of people (myself included) Lost Legacy becomes lumped into being a part of Uncharted 4. I used to think that I liked UC4 just as much but I think as time has gone on I feel as you do that LL is the better game in retrospect and just an overall superior experience if you take away the warm fuzzies of seeing the end of Nathan Drake’s arc.

I listed UC2 though as my official Naughty Dog game for the poll. I’m hopeful to play it again soon to see if nostalgia holds up but boy does it have some fantastic memories with it. It just took gaming to another level for me. The Last of Us was the same epic experience but I also felt I wanted to only vote for one ND game and I went with the former, even though TLoU has a vastly superior narrative.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution Lost Legacy was meant to be part of UC4 season pass, but it ended up getting too big.
I still got the game ‘free’ as part of the package but I imagine a lot of people just consider it to be DLC.
It’s a perfect early PS3 game. No mtx & you can beat it in 10 hours. In that sense it’s very reminiscent to UC1&2, but it’s not as good as UC4 the actual GOAT.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight 😄 I’m definitely due a replay of them, include UC4. I replayed UC1 a few months ago and plan to do the rest in order. (I just need them to stop releases new games so I can find the time!) I do wonder if my thoughts will change on how I rank them, now a few years removed from my original playthroughs.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution Go for it! I played through Persona 1-4 in anticipation of Persona 5.
That was on the vita on the commute, so it might be more difficult Uncharted.
If you have the time go for it! DrakesFortune is almost 16 years old at this point. That’s the game ND should’ve remade.

[Edited by Fight_Teza_Fight]

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic