Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 4,464

WanderingBullet

@LN78 Same here. Couldn't find any info regarding the release date for my country either. I'll probably wait till they have already released a few of the Marvel series first before subscribing, though.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Absolutely, that trailer for The Mandalorian is excellent, but the bigger highlight from the D23 Star Wars panel was Ewan McGregor's surprise-but-not-a-surprise appearance. Confirmation of the Obi-Wan Kenobi series made me the happiest little fanboy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Yeah, The Mandalorian looks like it’s going to be really good. I have been hesitant to commit to yet another monthly subscription service, but Disney is pressing me here. I’ll probably relent, even though I probably only use my Netflix and Amazon Prime subs very rarely. But the Star Wars and Marvel content is going to be too much to pass up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RR529

Yeah, I'm more of a casual Marvel & Star Wars fan, but so far the Disney+ stuff is looking good enough for me to bite.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Yeah as nice as Disney+ looks these streaming services are getting out of hand already. I got rid of cable because it was costing too much now with everybody and their mother having a streaming service it's getting as expensive as cable. It was fine when it was just Netflix and Hulu but they had to go and let everyone have their own.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Ewan was great as Obi-Wan Kenobi. He's character, Liam Neeson's and Darth Maul were the three main things I liked from Episodes 1-3.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

JohnnyShoulder

I'm okay with a another subscription service, I only have Netflix constantly and rotate one of the other services. I always get deals that way, especially from NOW TV. We just need Disney to buy out all the other stuidios apart from Netflix and Amazon and the problem will be solved lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Back when the Obi-Wan project was one of the "A Star Wars Story" anthology films, there were strong rumours that Liam Neeson would reprise his role as Qui-Gon Jinn and appear as a Force Ghost. I'm hoping that's one element they've retained during the shift to television.

I also want the series to be called Star Wars: Hello There. Will riot if it isn't.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Decided to pick back up on the "Arrowverse" shows. It's a bit of a daunting task as I'm a couple seasons behind and they're up to 5 (and soon to be 6!) shows, but I found a resource which details in which order to watch every episode, so I'm going to try it out. Plus, I'm not going to force myself to binge through them, and rather casually watch them inbetween other things.

Also, I just finished up Captain Earth. A mecha anime I recently finished, I put my full thoughts in the anime thread, but I quite enjoyed it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

KALofKRYPTON

@RR529 Let me know how you get on. I pretty much abandoned the Arrowverse after the Elseworlds crossover. Didn't watch Arrow anyway if I could help it, as it really is terrible. But, I got pretty bored with the Flash's formula and Supergirl got a bit dull too.

Legends is still the most fun to watch. I'll catch up a bit before Crisis - I'll watch that without doubt!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah I could get into Arrow either, came across as too soapy for my liking.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder It started off as painfully 'not-Batman' - and never really grew out of it. I know 'leftie - gobshite' Ollie probably wouldn't have secured the same level of success, but the 'team *insert superhero here' thing gets very old, very quickly.

I think that's why Legends works so much better; they're actually a team of capes!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Didn't even know that was a thing! Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Haven't enjoyed the seasons of The Great British Bakeoff as much since it channel hopped... I hope it's a better start tonight!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

... I uhh... didn't really like Rahul @Thrillho 😂

I was rooting for Kim-Joy!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger No problem, man! I've watched couple more yesterday and I think it's the best looking Star Wars cartoon/animation I've seen so far.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic