Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 4,463

nessisonett

@PegasusActual93 Classic Streisand Effect, they kick up a big enough stink and all it does is increase ratings.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Zuljaras

@PegasusActual93 Actually it works in the opposite direction Episode 3 was the weakest, but it served as a slowdown and character building.

Look at Hogwarts Legacy for example. All of those screeching creatures made it one of the best sellers And the game totally deserves it!

LN78

Cleese is rebooting "Fawlty Towers". For ****'s sake.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 Will he just be playing himself?

LN78

@nessisonett He usually does. My friend did his make-up for Branagh's "Frankenstein" movie and according to her he was a start to finish arsehole.

LN78

The_Moose

Removed - trolling/baiting

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

LN78

@The_Moose MSM.🤣. Haven't seen that for a while. Are you going to start complaining about "fake news witch hunts" next?

LN78

The_Moose

Well it was faster to type than mainstream media.

"Are you going to start complaining about "fake news witch hunts" next?"

Nope

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

LN78

@The_Moose It's just such a cliché - it made me laugh. You're funny.

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 Cheers mate, people tell me that all the time. 👍

The_Moose

@LN78 Unfortunately my funny comment got removed. Even though I basically said the exact same thing as @nessisonett. Yet his remains, strange that

LN78

@The_Moose You were having a pop at Ness, mate - If I had to guess, I'd say that's why your hilarious (it was really funny) remark got modded.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 Are you suggesting he enjoys special protection because of his views?

LN78

@The_Moose No, I'm saying that having a pop at other users is against the terms of service.

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 Oh, fair play.

XandertheWise

just started watching the beginning of Season 1 of Riverdale on Netflix tonight.

XandertheWise

PegasusActual93

@XandertheWise
Depending on your personal tastes Riverdale could be one of the greatest "so bad its good" tv shows of all time.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

Th3solution

I can’t tell if the phenomenonal performances for Henry and Sam was what made Kathleen character seem so dreadful, or if she was really that bad. Clearly her role was miscast, first of all. Secondly, I don’t think her whole side-story quite worked, regardless of the unconvincing performance by the actress. The big reveal about her beef with Henry was a nice gut-punch, but the way the story unfolded was lacking.

Despite all these criticisms, this was a great episode for me. Henry and Sam were fantastic. And they also nailed Ellie and Sam’s relationship.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution It’s not as if Melanie Lynskey’s a bad actress in the slightest, she’s brilliant in several things. Makes me think that she was just written badly, a character that didn’t quite feel human. As if the decisions and motivations felt like they were engineered for plot reasons.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic