Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 4,400

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON that would be dumb it he was BUT i do like the idea of the Meta Doctor coming back, he could even be a companion for a series

it would be like having 2 Doctors the whole time

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Chib's will need way better writers to pull something like that off for a single episode, never mind an entire series!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON nah Chibnall can eff off as far as i'm concerned, they should save it until he leaves and they get a good showrunner and writer

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, Mando is a more visually and emotionally inspiring character than Rey, Finn, and pretty much anyone in the ROS other than Babu Frik. Zori Bliss is a decent one too though, if only she had been given a little more substance.
I will probably post my ROS thoughts at some point, but I’m not sure what I have to add to yours, actually. I think you hit the nail on the head there. I need to chew on it a little and let the whole thing settle into my psyche. I’m trying to be as objective as possible.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution That's cool, sometimes these things take as long as they take! I've got the opportunity to go see it again early next week, and I'm sure I'll think differently about certain scenes if I do. But thanks for agreeing with me in principle (and yeah, Babu Frik for the win)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD I quite enjoyed it again. Surprised that they managed such a strong second season really. I wasn't sure where they were going to take it.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

Last night's Doctor Who was OK I suppose; an extremely middling episode seemingly written to serve one sentence uttered by The Doctor at the end of the episode. They really are wasting a good cast here.

We also finished watching that last season of The Deuce over the weekend. Easily one of the best drama's out there and ends well. I won't say 'satisfying', the content and arcs for the majority of characters are largely grim - there are resolutions here and there and the show was, start to finish, brilliantly written, directed and performed.

I'm glad they ended on 3 seasons. Not sure whether that was always the intention, but they certainly made it feel that way.

FullbringIchigo

so E4 picked up Batwoman

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/01/e4-acquires-uk-rights-to-bat...

not that it matters the "Arrowverse" has been on the decline for a while now and apparently this doesn't do much to fix that BUT what is important is this is ANOTHER show E4 has got that would normally never show on normal TV (the other being Star Trek Discovery)

what does channel 4 have that the likes of Sky or Netflix don't?

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Brilliant!

I want to insist that everyone watch it.

Channel has no sense it would seem. Batwoman genuinely is awful, and awfully made.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON but if we all watch it, even to laugh at it they will think it's successful because it would get good viewing figures

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo It's already been renewed for season 2 based on the abysmal figures in the states 😂

It's a woke vanity project, it won't be cancelled until they absolutely have to.

FullbringIchigo

SO how about that cameo in the last Crisis on Infinite Earths, no spoilers but i was NOT expecting that

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I honestly don't think anyone was! Could make Flashpoint more interesting!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yep it could also i'm pretty sure i saw Green Lantern in that mash up sequence

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I expect them to try and make good on the Diggle/GL connection. Going to need extreme care though.
Diggle (and the actor's performance) is as dull as dishwater, and Arrow has explored him plenty - so the standard 'origin' formula will be a bit difficult. Hopefully they don't go that way and maybe do a GL ensemble, or even better - just a Guy Gardner series!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i never was a big fan of the Digg;e character, i would have been happy if he was written out if i'm honest

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
The more I think about it - an ensemble Green Lantern show could be amazing! Expensive, but amazing.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON DUDE spoilers

but yes it would

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo

"Green Lantern
Relatedly, HBO Max Head of Original Content, Sarah Aubrey, revealed Greg Berlanti’s upcoming Green Lantern series “will span several decades and focus on the origin story of two major Green Lanterns from Earth” who go on to meet Sinestro in outer space. [TV Guide]"

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON 2 major Lanterns?

i'm guessing one is Hal, like it always is but i hope the other is John Stewart, he deserves more recognition

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic