Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 2,383

themcnoisy

@nessisonett it just happens Nes. I have no idea how Liverpool have won 6 CLs being such a little club. It's just fate. The pressure is off for those two teams a touch when they reach the final. Same goes for Arsenal in the FA Cup. The big teams like Celtic, Man Utd, Barcelona and Juventus have this crazy pressure to do well which obviously effects them.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@themcnoisy The whole Celtic in Europe thing does my head in. We might have been pretty good challengers a few years ago but the lack of decent Rangers has meant that there’s no motivation and that carries through to Europe. I’ll always remember that win over Barcelona though, that was incredible. Guys that grew up down the road from me playing and winning against the likes of Messi, I really wish I’d gone to the match but the buzz around school among both staff and pupils was crazy.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Ok never mind we just won 6-0 in the Champions League qualifying. It was against Reykjavik but still!

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder haha that was for you Johnny.

@themcnoisy Celtic are a massive club. The problem is the SPL, it's an honest league of course but it's way lopsided with wages. The average annual wages for the SPL ;

Celtic 1,119, 460
Rangers 812, 210
Aberdeen 175, 580
Hearts 172, 430
Hibernian 149, 630
Kilmarnock 85, 510
St Johnstone 78, 360
Motherwell 74, 130
Ross County 69, 470
St Mirren 60, 780
Livingston 53, 880
Hamilton 51, 440

When Celtic have over 6 times the budget of 4th placed Hearts who themselves have over 3 Times the budget of 11th placed Livingston, there's no competition. Rangers and Celtic can buy the better players from the other clubs - Aberdee, Hearts and Hibs can buy the other good but not great prospects and that's it really. No way for upsets longterm to happen.

ApostateMage

Seeing Celtic playing in the Champions League on the same night as a Champions League semi-final sent my head a bit west.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Its crazy that the winners of a league have to qualify for the Champions League, yet the teams placed in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in other leagues go straight through.

@themcnoisy I was gonna go super serious on you and state facts that Liverpool are actually bigger than some of those teams. But I can't be bovvered.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BowTiesAreCool

@JohnnyShoulder yeah it's not the Champions League is it. It's the Best Few League (although singing that in opera before each match wouldn't sound as good)

BowTiesAreCool

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder I was only joking mate.

I watched a video at my LFC fan colleagues request, you were playing in Australia. 100,000 fans..... In Australia! All singing YNWA.

It was crazy. You do have this strange destiny in the CL though, can't put my finger on it.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder horrible flashback to losing against a Gibraltarian team in the second qualifying round

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Yeah I knows your were bud.

It is mental when you see how well supported some of these clubs are abroad.

@nessisonett I remember when Liverpool played Celtic a few years back. Cracking games. Then El Haj Diouf spat into the crowd. Bad times.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Oh wow, I forgot El Hadji Diouf played for Liverpool. He was an absolute nutter for Rangers, really knew how to rile up the crowds which is just not appreciate when there’s already several stabbings every Old Firm. Crazy to think he was only there for a season long loan but managed to cause so much trouble. Think he just liked a barney.

nessisonett

Forgot Celtic were playing Champions League tonight. Currently losing 1-0 against Ferencvaros which seems about right.

Yeeeep, lost 2-1. Brilliant.

Edited on by nessisonett

BearsEatBeets

Any Premier league football fans interested in joining a fantasy football league? I've just been finalising my team for a league I do at work and pondered if some members here want to do one. I use the official premier league site's version as I think it's the best. Even if just a handful are up for it I'll get one made and probably start a new thread with a code to join. Drop me a tag here if interested.

The site is here if you want to check it out.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets That could be great fun actually!

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets good idea, got one for work too. I can create the league if you want?

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder You must have posted while I'll was setting it up. I made a separate thread just for the league as I thought it would be quicker to leave it open and not wait to see if enough people were interested. Thought it was worth doing only if it ends up 2 or 3 people.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Ah OK cool, i'll delete the league i created then. 👍

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder No worries, I appreciate the initiative as the deadline is rapidly approaching. It's my fault for leaving the tab open and watching the season preview on sky before finishing it. I wish I thought about it weeks ago when I renewed the work one. Should be a laugh even if it's just the 3 of us but hopefully a few other footie fans on here catch it in time.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I was thinking of it ages ago, but with the seasons being all over the place I completely forgot.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic