Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,601 to 8,620 of 10,083

MightyDemon82

@Kairu He's great. Saw him a few years ago, my sister in-law was heavily pregnant at the time, so my wife and I scored some free tickets πŸ˜ƒ

MightyDemon82

Sable

Removed - inappropriate language

Sable

MightyDemon82

@Sable I watched that live. It was on after the watershed to be fair and the comedian was funny, but I'm sure I've seen the playing the piano with your penis gag before.

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@Sable Guess I’ve found another person to add to the block list.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Sable

Removed - inappropriate language

Sable

The_Moose

Removed - flaming/arguing

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

The_Moose

Removed - flaming/arguing

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

MatthewJP

@Sable can't disagree with anything you said there

PSN: mpquikster

Sable

The_Moose wrote:

@Sable
The actions of certain drag queens over in the states, advertising it to kids making them twerk and pretend to snort cocaine with them is a very dangerous precedent but to point this issue out obviously means you're transphobic apparently.

Didn't know that was a thing. That's appalling. I'd question the parents of the children thinking this is an acceptable thing to expose them too.

If people wish to block me then fine. I'm a reasonable, easy going person, but what I won't do is play ball or be dictated to when I think something or the actions of a person or persons are questionable or open for debate.

Sable

The_Moose

Unfortunately it's true and absolutely shame on the parents for allowing it as you say.

Good for you.

Sable

@The_Moose

Here in the UK charity 'Mermaids' have come under fire for having peadophile apologists in their ranks. Terrible considering they're supposed to be safe guarding children. Things are getting out of hand. The inability to discuss anything related to the trans lobby without fear of aggressive, sometimes even violent, rebuke can only see things ending badly in the long term - and for all involved. It only takes a few crazies within one's movement, no matter how positive it began, to upset the apple cart.

Sable

Sable

Removed - discussing moderation

Sable

The_Moose

Removed - offensive remarks

Sable

@The_Moose

Agreed. That some are uncomfortable discussing the topic, or worse shut down any debate, particularly those from political ranks like Labour leader Kier Starmer just to score political points with the Twitterati, speaks volumes.

Edited on by Sable

Sable

The_Moose

@Sable A failing of most politicians nowadays is that they see Twitter as the general feeling of the public.

The_Moose

@Kairu I left FB about 7 years ago and have never looked back. Social media has a lot to answer for I think and I have chosen not to be a part of it.

Maybe PS but then I don't see this as social media really. I just enjoy gaming 😜.

Sable

@The_Moose

This is true. It's also bizarre.

I for one am all for moving away from the first past the post system. It's time for change.

Sable

Sable

I don't use Facebook or Twitter any more and also haven't done for many years.

Sable

The_Moose

@Sable Snap on FPTP.

In an ideal world I think it would be the best method but we do need some form of PR (not full blown) but something at the very least to break the two party state. Labour and the Tories seem to stand for nothing except re-election anymore

Sable

Removed - discussing moderation

Sable

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic