Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,121 to 4,140 of 10,056

jdv95

@nessisonett nevermind the removed post,i had my facts wrong.

Anyway you did good of staying away. It's a shame that everything has to be ruined by a select group of people regardless their stance. But it is so scary to see the comunity always be wary of any game that has a female protagonist even if she is white and hetrosexual. Where does this hatred of representing women come from? I can't believe those people act like this around women in real life. I mean surely some of them are married to women with good and respected jobs,do they Also resent their wife than? How do their wifes react to that if so? It's all so sureal to think that there are still people around that are convinced that any game or movie with a non male protagonist has an agenda. It has been like this since forever but still.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 Didn’t you know? Family values are all about railing against those that don’t fit ‘the norm’ 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Elodin

Anyone have a favorite podcast? I mostly listen to Conan O'Brian needs a friend for some good humor, but started searching for a good gamer podcast. So far I like ACG. Any other recommendations?

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger @Neolit Just checking to see if you fancy running the screenshot competition in September this year? Last year it clashed with the end of the year which is usually reserved for the GOTY. I will be stepping away from that cup and leaving you gents in charge. I'm sure @AdamNovice would be up for assisting in a trio (maybe have 3 topics like scene / funny / action or something). Let me know either way!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy In principle, yeah, I'd be up for that (providing @Neolit and @AdamNovice would like to, and are available as well). Given how the year is going, I think we'd all have to confirm closer to the time but, providing there are no seismic changes over the next couple months, count me in.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

AdamNovice

@RogerRoger Tbh I prefer to actually take part in the competition but if near the time no one else steps up I'll consider it.
@themcnoisy Also I'm not sure about doing it in September still a fair few big games are yet to come out. I reckon November is better.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@AdamNovice @RogerRoger that's fair comment, you can still take part. I will leave it up to you gents to decide how it plays out! Mention me whenever you start it up and I will cc everyone on here and my ps4 to join in.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Cheers pal! 👍

Here is the concept art for those who can't be bothered to click on a link!

I'm might set these as my desktop wallpapers.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice If I may, I think the reasoning behind @themcnoisy suggesting three categories is so that we each judge one, allowing us to enter the other two. That way, we all get a shot.

I'd forgotten that Ghost of Tsushima comes with a Photo Mode, though, so completely agree with your point about keeping it roughly in the same place as before. Gives everybody the time to reflect on the year, flick through their screencaps and submit their best.

@JohnnyShoulder @Thrillho "La-li-lu-le-NO!!"

I laughed way more than I should have. Amazing concept art, too! I know it's early days, but it looks somewhat faithful in its characters and events, if not setting.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Unfortunately it has been at this stage for about 6 years, and this is closest thing we've seen of anything of note in that time. I wouldn't get any hopes up just yet. But still they sure are good to look at, and the coded made me laugh too!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Hey, six years into a development cycle is still "early days" when it comes to movie adaptations of videogames. We only just got a 29-year-old hedgehog up on the big screen!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger TBH I don't really seeing it being in development at all at the moment. You can never rule anything out in this day and age, but I will be pleasantly surprised if we hear that any progress has been made.

JohnnyShoulder

For goodness sake, people are upset over a popstar (Adele) losing weight? Whatever next, people upset that covid-19 has been cured?

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Given that she doesn’t have a breakup to record a boring album about, perhaps we’ll be treated to 10 songs about weight loss?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Rudy_Manchego

@nessisonett I can't wait to hear her warble on about having eating rice cakes and pooing more. Triple platinum album right there.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I'm sure she has enough material from lockdown to bore us all when some are already bored to death.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic