Forums

Topic: PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB

Posts 681 to 700 of 844

sorteddan

@Th3solution
So I've been dipping back in to the game for various trophies..

I paid a bit more attention on the Golly uberbot battle. At the part where they ask "Are these your friends?" I can confirm that the next cards they played had the names and profile pictures of the first two people alphabetically on my friends list, when I beat those two it went on with the next from the friends list. .. If I had let the battle last a few more rounds I would have got to vanquish Bundersvessel! So yeah it was definitely accessing my profile to do that.

Then when I had to send my created card to someone else it waited a while and said it couldn't find anyone so I got to keep it instead. So If that part is fake then it's got more than one outcome at least.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@sorteddan Woah! That’s really cool. I love that. Thanks for looking into it. It didn’t occur to me that the cards were actually from my friends list.

Are you playing any of Kaycee’s mod?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Haven't yet. One trophy to go in act 3 then I think I'll have a go at it in the next day or two, if it just reverts back to an alternate modified version of act 1 like I think it does then I'll be able to get back into my one run a day groove so should suit me.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@Th3solution Unfortunately I really haven't had a chance to try Inscryption, this month everything seems to have got away from me. F- "Try harder"

@sorteddan Great stuff. Gonna feel good to get that platinum I reckon.

@HallowMoonshadow Sorry to hear that and dental pain is the worst. Hope the pain is receding or the drugs still work.

CaptD

Mr_B021

@Th3solution the posts here kept me going for a few more runs, but in the end I had to conclude that this one is unfortunately not for me. I had the same with Slay the Spire. Deck builders are just not my thing. I loved to read all your thoughts. It sure looks like a very special game. Thanks to Game Club I at least tried a game I otherwise would never have played.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Th3solution

@CaptD @Mr_B021 No worries, friends. Definitely a game that isn’t necessarily for everyone, or at least requires being in the right mood.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Completely unintentional meta joke there @Th3solution! Though at one point I really would've been tempted to use some pliars

Thanks very much @CaptD. The pain's come and gone at the past week but nowhere near as bad as it was. Should get it sorted out properly soon!

As for Inscryption I unfortunately haven't had chance to play it the past thanks to trying to sort out some other things.

I'll be playing it this month though instead and hopefully see what all the hub-ub is about!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

CaptD

Dave the diver is joining Extra on April 16. I think a few people are looking forward to that one, I know I am so it might be a good game for mid April or May game of the month.

CaptD

Th3solution

So, I have another confession about my own ignorance. —
I didn’t know what an Ouroboros was.

In fact, I didn’t even realize at first when I heard the reference today. They were talking about something eating or destroying itself as an ‘Ouroboros’, I thought to myself, “Hmm… that’s what the card in Inscryption of the snake eating its own tail was called, the Ouroboros card…”. I just thought that was a random name they gave that card. And then I realized it’s apparently a well known cultural icon.

I’m not sure how I’ve never heard of a Stoat, nor an Ouroboros, but I really feel sheltered now. Like I grew up on another planet or something. I can relate to Eve from Stellar Blade looking quizzically at books in a library or rain falling from the sky for the first time. How was it that I’d never heard of the word Ouroboros?

And I totally dropped the ball too because I realized way too late that the Ouroboros card was way overpowered if you level it up early. I had the card sitting in my deck and I never played it until toward the end game when I was just messing around and then realized after the card was defeated from the board that it popped up in my hand again and all the stats had increased by one. Apparently you can use a trick to just grow your Ouroboros card into an OP wrecking machine.

Anyways, once again, Inscryption taught me something that I was probably supposed to have know years ago.

AgentCooper

Alright gang, Are we all well? My internet was off for 5 days so apologies on the lateness of an update. Another very lean month on the vote side, only one game has more than one mention; that game being Midnight Suns

How are we all feeling about that?

#PSQGameClub

One love 👍

@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

PSN: Bundersvessel

sorteddan

@Th3solution
I guess it's more common to have never heard of a mythical serpent representing repeating cycles that's been used by various cultures for thousands of years than to never have heard of a stoat. Really, who has never heard of a stoat - you should ask your school for a refund!

Re Kaycees Mod...
So I started playing this round about whenever my post was saying I would. I got beaten, beaten and beaten again. It was like banging my head against the wall. I think it made me realise how little I'd understood or mastered the mechanics during my initial playthrough. I think I just kinda stumbled my way through much of the game with favourable RNG, inspired guessing and dumb luck.

Anyhow with a bit of reading and practice I started making a bit more progress, consistently being able to get further and a couple of days back I completed challenge level 1. Whoop whoop. It took me 21 attempts to do so. Doing so unlocked a different starter deck which I've had a bit more luck with - have completed challenge levels 2, 3 and 4 with only one failed attempt. I awoke today thinking of synergies I could try out so it's fair to say it's now got it's hooks into me!

I think Kaycees mod is the game for the proper players, like a hardcore mode but when your deck and tactics come together it feels fantastic - I beat all three stages of Leshy yesterday without letting him attack once and have managed to do 40 scales damage in one turn! So each time you beat a new challenge level it gives you another journal entry to read detailing how Kaycee first noticed the game coming alive and her response to it. Just a couple of paragraphs each time but there is still some more lore there If you're interested.

Anyhow I'm loving it and would recommend you giving it a go if you feel you have unfinished business with the game or ever have the urge to return to it. Just be aware you may get your backside handed to you quite a bit.

@Bundersvessel
I started that yesterday and was pretty impressed with the opening cinematic set up and tutorial, so I may be able to contribute once again if that is settled on as game of the month. But also I've been wanting to play Dave the Diver, as the Captain suggests, since I first became aware of it so I'm prob gonna jump on that as soon as it's available as well.

[Edited by sorteddan]

AgentCooper

@sorteddan @QualityGeezer Well, technically that would be a couple of votes for both. I wouldn’t want Dave the Diver to be the only choice as it isn’t available until the 16th. I wanted to put to the group again purely based on the lack of engagement in the voting side. Not sure how to proceed 🤔

sorteddan

@Bundersvessel
Declare democracy a failure. Establish a dictatorship and force people to engage.

CaptD

Yeah mentioning Dave the Diver was a bit of a mistake but I thought I would get ahead of a mid month launch and inform people so we could perhaps hold off till May or have double bubble this month.
Anyhoo I'm up for Midnight Suns, I promise to participate this month.

@QualityGeezer Put the game out there and see if anyone rallies to your cause comrade.

CaptD

Th3solution

@sorteddan The U.S. public school system failed me? Imagine that. 😅

In reality I was probably daydreaming about Final Fantasy 7 the day we learned about stoats.

As for your spoiler-marked experience, it sounds awesome, actually. I am far enough removed from playing the game that I do think it might be tough for me. Not to mention, lots of gaming still to do elsewhere….

Speaking of —
@Bundersvessel I’m excited to try Marvel’s Midnight Suns, although I hadn’t quite planned to dive in yet, on account of being in the middle of Spider-Man 2. Would my brain explode if I played two Marvel games at the same time? I don’t know. I might be willing to try but can’t make any guarantees. So basically put me down for a definite ‘maybe’ on Midnight Suns.

Dave the Diver isn’t one I had planned to play but if it’s the will of the people then I might succumb to peer pressure.

AgentCooper

Alright gang, so there you have it, Midnight Suns is your game. This one is billed as a tactical rpg with a deck building flavour, set within the Marvel universe. We could probably start a degrees of separation thing going with each month's game.

Untitled

As always, start in your own time, on your platform of choice and please be wary of spoilers and use appropriate tags (Last month's discussion felt like a top secret dossier)

#PSQGameClub

As for May (First anniversary of our new iteration) Dave the Diver seems pretty popular but as always find the list of previously mentioned titles for your viewing and voting pleasure. @ me directly with your vote and i'll attempt to keep track.

Tren
Teardown
Tinykin
Eiyuden Chronicle Rising
Life is Strange True Colors
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Dave the Diver
Celeste
Desperados 3

Thank you all for your continued engagement and contributions

#PSQGAMECLUB

One love 👍

@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

sorteddan

Had another short session this morning. Completed the next mission where I had to beat up some guys in a warehouse and find a strange artifact. Before it let me get to that it seemed like a LOT of talking to different characters but I'm still in the early stages so I suppose the exposition and explanations are necessary.

I do like how whenever I bump into the other characters they seem to be in the middle of a conversation or doing other stuff, seems more natural than just standing in a room waiting for me to approach. Got a -1 reaction when I picked a dialogue option with Blade, almost tempted to load up my save and redo but that's maybe my insecurities needing everyone to like me!

As to the action, yeah fairly straightforward so far though I'm not really sure when/if which characters get to use the environmental items for a free hit. And wasn't planning to make much use of Blade but I do like a bleed effect in tactical games so maybe have to reassess that.

My main concern is that I've accidentally made my Hunter an uncanny resemblance of Mateo Kovacic, (buzz cut and stubble) so every time I see him in a cut scene I just can't help notice it. Will have to buy him a new hairstyle when I can afford it. Until then he has the unofficial superhero name of City Man.

Pizzamorg

Sorry all, I joined the club and then I took part in one or two games and then disappeared 😂 I never know where time goes! I don't know whether I will be doing a fresh playthrough of MS, but as the native MS salesman (😂) I'll be keeping an eye on the thread to see people's thoughts. Hope you all love it as much as me (even with all the various frustrations).

Life to the living, death to the dead.

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan Put him in the Fantastic 4 gear so he looks like he still plays for Chelsea. Can't think of any super heroes that have a light blue costume like Man City's kit.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic