Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 801 to 820 of 922

WanderingBullet

@nessisonett The best JoJo's Bizarre Adventures series for me is still the 1993 OVA. The animation looks great and it stills hold up well to this day. In terms of recent series, my favourite one is Stardust Crusaders but I'm not a fan of the art style and the animation quality is no where near s good as the 1993 series. Also, the recent series struggles quite a bit with pacing mainly due to lengthy monologues. I do however love the opening theme animations and some of the songs (especially JoJo ~Sono Chi no Sadame~), though.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet

@KratosMD Persona Q characters doing JoJo poses.

Untitled

A JoJo reference in Persona 5:

The World (Za Warudo in Japanese), a humanoid Stand which the villain Dio Brando can summon has the ability to stop time.

WanderingBullet

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, that live-action movie was not bad. I've watched the anime as well. I like the art style but that whole stripping down naked thing is just weird. Not really my cup of tea.

TheBrandedSwordsman

I just got the first volume of Berserk, deluxe edition. Just in time for perfecting my modified Guts build in Dark Souls 3.

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

FullbringIchigo

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Berserk is awesome but bloody dark as hell and it's still not finished yet

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

Trailer for Altered Carbon: Resleeved spin-off anime movie.

Looks pretty cool. I have the live-action series added to my list but still haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

TheBrandedSwordsman

@FullbringIchigo Did you like the Guardians of Desire story arc? I thought that was brilliant, and a great way to kick-start the series. I just finished volume 1 of the deluxe collection of the manga.

Edited on by TheBrandedSwordsman

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

FullbringIchigo

BLEACH IS COMING BACK, the final Arc "Thousand year Blood War" is being animated and will be released next year

as a huge Bleach fan (if my name didn't give it away) i am SO stocked right now

i'm gonna change to a Bleach avatar to celebrate

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

Forgotten how much humour was in Netflix's Castlevania to go with all the blood and guts!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Looks like they added a bunch of Bleach seasons on Netflix but I don't plan on watching all of them. I'm thinking of maybe watching one of the seasons if I can. Which is the best Bleach season you would recommend?

Ryall

@WanderingBullet Bleach is linear story so it’s best to start at the beginning. The first 10 also episodes of my favourite anyway.

In terms of skipping stuff. The are filler is where the story doesn’t really progress. I would watch episodes 1 to 63, 110 to 167 and 190 to 366. There are some single episode fillers as well but you can probably recognise those in the first few minutes.

Ryall

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet like @Ryall said it's best to start from the beginning

And you can skip the filler if you like that's up to you but some of the filler arcs ain't bad really such as the bount arc

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet they also did 4 movies so you should watch them if they are on there too, just make sure you have seen at lest up to the Lost Agent Arc first as they will contain spoilers otherwise

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Will check but I recalled only seeing 8 seasons in the Netflix library. Don't think they have any Bleach anime movies except for the live-action one which I've already watched.

rafitafi

I'm a fan of Naoki Urasawa's works. Read 20the Century Boys and it had me interested until the very end, there were no chapters where my interest would decrease really. I started reading Monster and the tension and atmosphere had me in, but since I had to have a long break, i'll have to reread it again - it's superb. Anyone here read other works of his or like his mangas in general?

rafitafi

TheBrandedSwordsman

Any other Berserk fans on here? I've just read the first two volumes of the Deluxe series.

nessisonett

My copy of The Tatami Galaxy on Blu Ray arrived today and it’s definitely a looker.

Untitled
Untitled

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

RR529

After digging around their catalog, I decided to start a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime Video, to check out the anime films & cheesy 80's B-Movie fantasy & horror films they have (mostly stuff I wouldn't have bought anyways, in fact some of it isn't even available in HD, but who knows, maybe I'll uncover some gems). Naturally, I've already made use of it this morning.

Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer (Amazon Prime Video) - Mid 80's anime film based on the slapstick shonen comedy manga, Urusei Yatsura, which was mangaka Rumiko Takahashi's breakout hit (she'd later go on to produce other popular series such as Ranma 1/2 & InuYasha).

I was quite impressed by the film. While it expectedly had it's fair share of comedy, it was surprisingly deep too. While getting ready for a school festival, some members of the cast come to the realization that they're living the same day over and over again, and the further they get to the truth, the more people vanish (to the point it's just the core cast left) & the more dilapidated their town becomes. The effect of the mystery is heightened by the seriousness they handle it with, and the fact that the film has absolutely stunning animation & detail, resulting in some impressive imagery, particularly the almost haunting lighting effects during nighttime scenes (it's in HD too, which is a plus). The biggest barrier to entry would probably be the fact that you'd need some pre-existing knowledge of the series to fully appreciate it (luckily, being a big fan of Ms. Takahashi's later works, I had read some of a fan translation of the manga a number of years ago, so I was already somewhat acquainted with the core players), but overall it was a pleasant surprise.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

I recently got in an Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet, mainly to use as a streaming device when I don't have the TV, so I should start being able to watch more anime again.

Most of the stuff Amazon has is older (like 80's through the mid 00's) and mostly not as prominent, but most other anime streaming services are available too (Crunchyroll, Funimation Now, HiDive, Netflix, & Toku), so I can try some of them down the line once I want to move on from Amazon's catalog.

Currently watching Super Dimension Flying Fortress Macross (which, after getting used to the dated presentation, has become really gripping), and UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie (by the numbers early-mid 00's harem). Will post full thoughts whenever I get around to finishing something.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic