Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 141 to 160 of 729

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON He's got bags of expression, hasn't he? I'm very happy with him.

I think I'd seen the Air Hogs ones before, which is why the picture you posted surprised me, because it manages to pull of the unique trick of NOT looking like a drone. It reminds me of the Sphero BB-8 my partner surprised me with several years ago; a quality product, from packaging to play, and incredibly easy to use via a smartphone app.

£40 is an excellent price, considering how expensive it looks, let alone how expensive it actually was at launch! I hope everything works well and that you and your daughter enjoy flying it (remember not to clip the wing and spin it off into the distance!).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

Most of the Air Hogs licenced stuff is trash. Their Speeder Bike is meant to be good, and seen conflicting things on their Enterprise.

Yeah - it was this or the Sphreo R2-D2 - but that would've moved in to 'main presen't territory!

Honestly - unless you're getting one and want to be surprised - watch an unboxing!
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I'm watching one now... they emboss the styrofoam?!

Okay, I definitely wouldn't throw away the packaging for that. I love a box that talks to me.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

I got a nice keychain with my Preorder of Spyro last night from GameStop. Unfortunately my son has already claimed the keychain.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@Tasuki If the keychain looks like the one in my photographs, claim it back; it has the PSN code for your dynamic themes engraved on the back!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger The lit base/case is rechargeable!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Must be different for the US, then. Sorry for the false alarm! Did you get a code for the themes in the box elsewhere, in the box or on your receipt, perhaps?

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Nope. As far as I know the only way to get the free theme in the US was to preorder the game through the PS Store. I opted to preorder the game at GameStop because my son wanted the keychain from them. I believe I can get the theme from the PS store but it will cost me money which I am not to worried about since the keychain was a limited amount.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Ah, fair enough; I just assumed that the pre-order bonuses would be the same on both sides of the pond. Region-specific content is an unfortunate reality I often forget to consider.

Glad your son got a cool keychain out of it, though!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

One for all you UK-based folk; GAME have marked down their Totaku figures to £7.99 each, making them an absolute steal for under a tenner a piece. I had a really bleak evening yesterday, so this morning I decided to cheer myself up and got three new figures to add to my ever-growing collection.

They're selling the very latest releases which have yet to make it all the way around the world (at least they are at my store) and have put them out on general display, instead of hidden behind the counter, meaning you can take a proper peek at them before pulling the trigger. This might only be a seasonal price, but I didn't get the right shop assistant behind my till so I couldn't ask.

Untitled

I didn't realise Agent 47 was a Totaku until this morning, which is when I decided to go and look. If they didn't have him, I wouldn't have gotten the others, but luckily they had one left.

A lot of his detail is difficult to see in my smartphone shot, but he isn't exactly the most intricate of characters to make a figure of anyway. There's some neat texture to his tie, though, and the barcode on the back of his head is nicely done. The pose is awesome and I love the tiled base.

Untitled

Aloy is to go with my Watcher, which I already had. She's the biggest figure of the lot, and so kinda looks like a rather chunky giant when placed alongside my other two humans. Despite that, when she stands beside Lara, the two leading ladies are pretty awesome together.

Untitled

Knuckles is the only Sonic character I actually want. They also had Tails, but that horrid clear plastic stand they've jammed into his belly to make him "fly" looks even worse up-close than it did in the promotional shots. Sonic, meanwhile, was MIA (I gather he's become quite rare) but that's okay, because Classic Sonic is hardly my favourite version of the character.

But the more rounded, classic Knuckles design reminds me of the old Sonic the Comic artwork I adored as a kid, and he goes very well with Spyro.

Untitled

That brings my collection total up to six. They're cool when all lined up alongside one another, but I don't have the space to display them like that (yet) or even bunched together, so I've got Aloy and the Watcher on one side of the desk and the rest of the gang on the other.

Untitled

Untitled

Whilst there are no other Totaku characters I'm interested in right now, the range is obviously popular enough for them to keep making them. Some of the new figures are tied in to the latest releases (there was a soldier from Battlefront V, for example) but others are retro (like Tails and Knuckles, and there were also some Banjo-Kazooie characters there, I think) so I'll be keeping an eye out for any other potential additions in future. There was also a Blue-Eyes White Dragon from Pokémon and I think I saw Master Chief as well, so they're not exclusively Sony any more, either.

Meanwhile, all my branch of GAME had in terms of Amiibo was a lonely-looking Princess Peach, so I guess they've given up the ghost trying to sell those.

Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

@RogerRoger I'm really liking the Knuckles figure. I noticed there's quite a lot more Totaku as well at my GameStop. I bought a Coco one to go with my Crash one, and they even had Dr. Cortex as well. Funnily enough, I haven't seen the Knuckles one but the Sonic and Tails figures are there. I kinda want the Spyro one too.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@DerMeister You're in Americaland, yeah? Glad to hear you're starting to see some of the newer figures in stock, because I'd seen a few folks online complain that the US was taking forever to see them, whilst people in Australia, Canada and the UK were posting pictures of their updated collections. Some die-hard collectors were even resorting to importing.

I like how they're expanding the lines, like adding Coco and Dr. Cortex as well as Tails and Knuckles. Glad you were able to get your Crash some company! It'll be interesting to see which other get expanded next, but I'd also love a Classic Eggman (if he's done right).

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I saw, thanks. I've voted, but I'll never get it myself.

Firstly, I have zero shelf space that isn't reserved for other forthcoming purchases, and LEGO Star Wars continues to be the primary drain on my spare cash in the "interlocking brick" department. Secondly, whilst it's Green Hill Zone, it's specifically Green Hill Zone from Sonic Mania, and I'm currently preparing to drop £350 on a large Sonic the Hedgehog indulgence from a game I actually like (Sonic '06).

And wow, that last sentence makes me sound like the living embodiment of everything that's wrong with the Sonic fanbase today. Sorry!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Sweet Christmas! Is the 'running' light up statue?

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Nope. It's the First4Figures deluxe light-up Silver.

He'll be joining an Agent 47 statue and (eventually) three of the six Gaming Heads Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary statues, as well as my pre-existing Metal Gear REX and Metal Gear RAY, to make a "gaming shelf" of random franchises that I adore, but that don't have regular outpourings of tat like Star Wars, Star Trek and Batman do. My various Totaku figures can then be dotted around between them.

Need to buy the shelves first, though. I'm doing some research on glass-fronted, illuminated display cabinets, because it'll cut down on dusting time.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger niche...

I always find that there's something a little... sterile with a display cabinet. They are better for longevity of tat , and as you say, cutting down on the dusting. It's just removes a thing from a room for me.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, I'm gonna need to go out and see some in the wild, so to speak, which has been the barrier for me of late, otherwise I'd have this all sorted already.

My old chief used to have a display cabinet, glass on all four sides, with models of Cold War tanks and aeroplanes inside. They were beautiful things, but I always felt like I could never get a "proper" look at them because they were all trapped behind glass.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger We'll get you the Forbidden Planet staff shirt, you'll have to work on the suspicious glare by yourself

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic