Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,454

CurryPowderKeg79

Yea @Heavyarms55 i was sick for 10 days then started to feel better. I wasn't 100% for about 14 days.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

CurryPowderKeg79

I hope the whole work thing works out for ya @Rudy_Manchego. And now i'm in the mood for some pancakes.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

CurryPowderKeg79

Yes i was on a ventilator @themcnoisy. For 5 days total.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

Octane

@RogerRoger Same here. I've got less time than I did before. I bought a few games and books with the idea of reading/playing those during the quarantine, but with uni closed, we're moving entire courses to a digital platform. A lot of things have to be digitalised, lectures need to be available in written format, so many translation work because only the English material is available online. And additional revisions of students' (home)work to make sure they're able to keep up.

Octane

Ralizah

The United States is above 200k now. We're nearly double Italy's numbers. Just NY has more cases than almost every other country on Earth.

lol We're doomed.

@CurryPowderKeg79 Jesus, that sounds awful. I'm glad you pulled through.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Good thing it's all over by Easter. Imagine if this lasted another month or two...

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane @kyleforrester87 Our "optimistic" estimates now are 200,000K Americans dying from this.

If we continue to screw around, apparently millions of Americans dying is possible.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

The governor of my state refuses to issue a shelter in place order, instead opting for a "safer at home" suggestion. Apparently a shelter in place order violates our civil liberties.

If I die because he refused to do anything to prevent the spread of this, I'm haunting him for the rest of his days.

Edited on by Ralizah

themcnoisy

@LaJettatura we have an estimated 600,000 infected in the uk using modelling from a few of days ago. We have only just started proper testing yesterday and the initial and arguably wrong strategy was to build up herd immunity. So yeah the UKs stats are going to be wildly out.

Only 2000 NHS staff have been tested. People with symptoms were told to stay at home. The reality is we didn't have enough tests and the wrong people were being tested with the few we had(celebrities as an example).

At the end of the day, no economy in the world can pause for 6 months in various forms of lockDown, the very proposition the big testers like South Korea and Germany are facing. The Who are still saying to contact trace and isolate when appropriate. The UK is way passed that point now, I don't think you can stop this coronavirus. The next 3 weeks are going to be hairy, scary and filled with covid 19. Then it will tail off.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Heavyarms55

@LaJettatura We keep seeing numbers like the 200k dead estimate or your suggestion of as many as 2 million. What's the estimate of the timeframe? Are we thinking that number by the end of the year? Sooner? Later? Is there a general estimate on when the peak might be?

There's lots of stories and information about what the virus does and estimates on how many infected and how many many die. But very little I can find about a suggested timeline.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ryall

@LaJettatura @themcnoisy The UK government decided for quality control reasons to only do the PCR testing in seven public-health England labs and only use reagents produced by the PCR machine manufacturers.

The result is we have a reagent shortage despite having a chemical industry capable of synthesising everything we need. A lab capacity shortage despite having 130 unused University labs perfectly capable of carrying out PCR testing.

Ryall

Octane

@Ralizah @Arugula That's the worst. The people that are more concerned with their next election chances than with public health.

Octane

Ralizah

@Arugula @Octane You wouldn't think it'd take a lot to convince people that acting early to combat the spread of a deadly virus would ultimately benefit them politically, but here we are.

Octane

@Ralizah Does it matter though? They'll say it was inevitable, and people will buy it. Just like how some politicians now all of a sudden always knew it was a pandemic, even before the expert did; despite calling it a hoax last month. People forget about that stuff and only remember the things they want to remember

Octane

sakurajima1981

We will get through it, it may be tough but we will come through. Ive just started Stardew Valley so I'm sorted for the next few months. **** Coronavirus!

sakurajima1981

Sorry, this topic has been locked.