Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 2,454

nessisonett

And that’s even more phone mast attacks over Easter. I just don’t understand the stupidity of people sometimes, especially when bloody Eamonn Holmes of all people is spreading it on TV.

@JJ2 It was the sheer community like that which made me feel part of something bigger back when I was putting serious hours into MMOs. It’s nice to see something positive in an industry plagued by mostly awful fans.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

@nessisonett UK as well? It happened over here too. Supermarkets haven't run out of tinfoil yet apparently.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane It’s right up there with Flat Earthers as the most baffling conspiracy theory I’ve heard in a while.

mookysam

@nessisonett Very sad that people believe this nonsense, but not surprised given the general IQ of the British masses. I'm surprised Eamonn doesn't think that it's phone masts in league with Meghan Markle and the Child Catcher. Those Chinese factories won't man themselves!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

LieutenantFatman

Hearing all sorts of bizarre conspiracy theories at work, I won't repeat any of them though. Surprising just how easily some will believe these ideas, I'd rather not have any part in spreading them, even if it's unintentional.

If there was any evidence of foul play with some spy thriller style plot regarding this pandemic, I'm confident the media would have picked up on it by now.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

Well looks like Trump’s found his (other) scapegoat. Apparently it’s the WHO’s fault he didn’t act on information even we knew about. Everybody saw it coming as soon as the first reports came out of China and yet certain world leaders decided to do 0 preparation.

themcnoisy

@nessisonett on the othehand the biggest contribution is from the USA, followed by the UK, then Germany. China sits in 11th at a fraction of the contribution.

That said in the middle of a Pandemic, its not a good time to cut funds.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@nessisonett How is that possible? He knew it was a pandemic before everyone else knew it was a pandemic.

Octane

Thrillho

This gif feel entirely appropriate for the last page or so;

Untitled

Thrillho

nessisonett

@LaJettatura This whole ‘resistance group’ thing just confuses me, they’re putting themselves at risk just as much as others. I can’t imagine how difficult it must be as a HCW at the minute, the least of my worries is being stir-crazy. These updates really do help put things in perspective.

themcnoisy

@LaJettatura the USA is messed up, the amount of resentment towards staying at home. A bunch of the online videos I've watched - outspoken obese 50 year old blokes waving guns around - prime candidates for ICU. But it's a fine line in the west as we do have hard fought rights and privileges.

In the UK Police are watching the video and electronic Isles in Tesco, questioning single old people on park benches, even police threatening to make stuff up to arrest people (mass overreach). Its infuriating when real people are breaking the laws liberally and you don't have to look far. I think since the credit crunch and the rise Internet opinion pieces, no one trusts anyone. So ignorance and selfishness come to the fore.

There's death everywhere from covid 19. The figures for every country are wrong. Even here in the UK there are 7500 hidden deaths at least due to the surge in our average statistics month on month.

Th3solution

I read that the Korean Baseball League is going to start games soon, initially with no fans. It’s a bold move, and I suspect other professional leagues around the world will follow suit so long as the Korean experiment goes well in the next few weeks. Don’t be surprised if the NBA, NHL, and MLB announce games to start in June.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Good news! Hopefully with more testing games can go ahead.

A few things have really done my head in sports wise. Snooker, tennis and other 1v1 sports could have taken place with better organisation. Isolate the top 10 somewhere and have a bunch of LockDown competitions. But alas that was never meant to be.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Yeah, if I understood what I read correctly, the players and coaches will not only have to be social distancing as much as possible off the field, wearing masks until they get on the field, etc - but they have regular testing I think. Not sure how often or how it works, but if any player or coach in the league tests positive then the whole thing shuts down for 2 weeks. Yeah - tennis, golf, etc. should have an easier time to get up and going vs. like basketball, football, and other team sports. Oh and wrestling and UFC, that’s probably a little trickier with all the close up physical contact.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@KratosMD Considering I just ordered a pizza supper out the chippie for dinner, I may regret that. It’s a balancing act between that sweet sweet deep fried pizza or getting fat and dying. I have to say, death by pizza is a pretty baller way to go out though.

Thrillho

@KratosMD From what I read before, high BMI isn't necessarily a risk factor for contracting the virus but puts you at a much higher risk of requiring ventilation. That may have changed though.

Thrillho

nessisonett

Well it looks like it can be caught more than once. Remember when herd immunity was a thing?

nessisonett

@KratosMD I find it interesting how different countries are hearing different things about the virus. Over here in the UK, our vaccination program’s reaching the clinical trial stage in the next week or so which is why the lead scientist said we could catch the virus more than once. The exact phrasing though was that a vaccine-induced immunity could last longer than the infected-induced immunity. I don’t know about you but that still doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Heavyarms55

@LaJettatura Sorry for the late reply and thank you very much for the useful information!

I'm interested in why you think things wont ever go back to normal. I would obviously assume some protocols and plans would change but eventually we'll have a vaccine and plans in place to beat back infections before it gets out of control again, right?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

R1spam

@nessisonett no-one seems to be immune from getting the common cold having had it and that's often a coronavirus! Staggering how much the UKs response to this has been based around influenza like virus.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Sorry, this topic has been locked.