423 Blocked

You have been blocked for security reasons. This server understood your request, but will not service any requests from your IP address.

function checkViewport () { if (document.cookie.match(/device=desktop/) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Safari/i) && !navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i) && navigator.userAgent.match(/Version\/(13|14|15)/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Android/i) && screen.width >= 800 && screen.width > screen.height && !navigator.userAgent.match(/Mobile/i)) || (screen.width > window.innerWidth && screen.width > 800 && !navigator.userAgent.match(/Android|iPhone/i))) { document.getElementById("viewport").setAttribute("content","width=1275"); } else { document.getElementById("viewport").setAttribute("content",document.getElementById("viewport").getAttribute("data-original")); }}; checkViewport(); window.addEventListener('resize', checkViewport);if (!document.documentElement.matches('.light, .dark')) { if (matchMedia('(prefers-color-scheme: dark)').matches) { document.documentElement.classList.add('dark'); } else if (matchMedia('(prefers-color-scheme: light)').matches) { document.documentElement.classList.add('light'); } }

Forums

Topic: Books You're Currently Reading?

Posts 1,561 to 1,562 of 1,562

MightyDemon82

@FuriousMachine It is very sad indeed. I had heard it on the news late last night, but hadn't gotten round to letting you know. His final book is releasing in January and he had started a musical project as well. Such a shame.

I haven't been online much recently so I will need to dive into all the various topics soon and talk about all i've been reading, watching, playing and listening to.

I enjoyed "Pagans" it was a great debut, but I really want that world fleshed out more. It's a great alternate history and we never really got to see much of the world in which it's set. Hopefully that will be fixed with the follow up next year.

My current read is James Herbert's "The Rats". Gory and brilliant in all the right ways, should finish it tonight if i'm not too terrified to keep turning the pages.

[Edited by MightyDemon82]

MightyDemon82

GirlVersusGame

@FuriousMachine @MightyDemon82

Sorry guys it's not great seeing an author you admire (or anyone really) head on up to the party in the sky, at least with authors and musicians/actors/etc they leave a little of their soul in their work and it can be felt when you revisit their work.

  • I hope you're getting some gaming done (MD82) I'm about to try some Horror games for Spooky season, mostly light titles but for Alan Wake. It's not something I usually do because of nerves/jumpscares but I'm still going to give it a try.

As for books I'll be listening to:

The Exorcist (the original BBC radio-play)
An American Werewolf in London (the original BBC radio-play)
Stephen King's Salem's Lot
Hammer Presents Dracula, Narrated by Sir Christopher Lee
Christopher Lee's Fireside Tales
Price Of Fear, Narrated by Vincent Price
Ghost Stories of an Antiquary by M. R. James
BBC's Frankenstein (Dramatized)
Spine Chillers A BBC Radio 4 Horror Collection

  • And possibly some others, I'll listen as I game.

These violent delights have violent ends & in their triumph die, like fire & powder Which, as they kiss, consume.

Bluesky: justkoshechka.bsky.social

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic