Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 3,605

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Yeah, The Lost Crown. I played the demo and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, it’s a series I’ve always really enjoyed! The plat for RotR doesn’t seem too hard, as you say. There’s a lot of content here and I think it mostly needs to be completed in order to get bond levels up and the skill points to level up but honestly, I’m finding the busywork super enjoyable. More so than I usually do for these types of games. There’s some kind of special sauce here that’s hard to articulate.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Ravix

I might actually finally try the Stellar Blade demo I've had downloaded since it was available 😅 (i'm surprised there is no chat thread for the game on here considering all the articles and hype)

I just feel like I'm in gaming Limbo since DD2 and nothing is grabbing me or calling out to me to play it. Horizon and it being bow based just doesn't scratch that combat itch for me atm, and Stellar Blade is just sitting their with swordplay waiting to be tried out.

[Edited by Ravix]

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Bentleyma

My main game is Stellar Blade, which I am enjoying. I'd definitely say it's up there with some of Sony's other big releases. My side game is Sea of Thieves in co-op with my brother. I am absolutely loving it. It's one of those games that gets me excited about gaming and reminds me why it's such a great hobby.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

@Ravix Most of the conversation I've seen for Stellar Blade has been about people being offended by Eve or Sony's 'censorship', and very little about the actual game unfortunately.

I probably would have got it, if the Elden Ring DLC was not round the corner.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

lotan666

I liked the demo of Stellar Blade but I have one question. I haven't really played that type of games before. If I were to try - is Stellar Blade a fairly unique game or is it heavily inspired by some classics which I should maybe play first to get more familiar with the genre and also not to spend $70 on something I may end up not enjoying in the end?

lotan666

Voltan

@lotan666 It's a fairly unique mix of things it borrows heavily from, if that makes sense
The closest thing I can think of would probably be the Jedi games (Fallen Order and Survivor).
I believe the first one was on PS+ a while back.

Voltan

lotan666

@Voltan Oh, that's a bit surprising. Certainly not a comprison I was expecting I liked Fallen Order quite a lot and Survivor is also on my list for this year. Thanks.

lotan666

Voltan

@lotan666 It's mostly that the next map after the one from the demo is significantly more open and there's a lot of optional activities (even if they're rather simple) and nooks and crannies to explore - made me think of the main planets in those games.
And they both are inspired by Souls games in some ways but aren't quite the same thing.

[Edited by Voltan]

Voltan

Bentleyma

@lotan666 Yeah, @Voltan hit the nail on the head when he said it's like the Jedi games. If you liked the gameplay of those, then it's pretty likely that you'll enjoy Stellar Blade. The game is surprisingly open.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Just beat Adjudicator in Demon's Souls (2020) this morning, took three hits with the Dragon Bone Smasher+2 and 52 Str.

"I cherish my thoughts and hold 'em exclusive, Confucius." - Ransom

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

CJD87

@Black_Swordsman Well done!

I platinum'd DeS (2020) during the pandemic and ultimately enjoyed my time with it. Still (IMO) one of the most graphically gorgeous games on PS5, and remains a solid showcase for what the machine is 'capable of'.

Currently replaying Elden Ring (ahead of Erdtree launch) and I must say though that the QoL elements in From's later offerings are well received. Those obnoxious run-backs to bosses in DeS are brutal at times!

CJD87

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@CJD87 Thank you! It is a great-looking game on the Ps5, and ,I agree, whole-heartedly demonstrates the console's full capabilities.

Hope you are enjoying your Elden Ring 'replaythrough' and, yeah, the DeS runbacks can be brutal, but, idk, to me, each stage is still quite short. But then again maybe that's just because I'm now op. 🤣

JohnnyShoulder

I started Tales of Kenzera: Zau, as I was in the mood for a Metroidvania and I liked what I heard of the how the game was made. I see the director has been doing the media rounds, I just watched his appearance on Play, Watch, Listen which I can recommend. He comes across as a genuine and humble guy, and was interesting to hear his journey from a voice actor to creating a video game as a process to deal with his grief.

Only played an hour or so, but the presentation is very good and combat I have no issues with so far. Feels quite slick to play.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Still playing through DeS. Just beat Old Hero this morning on my first try. I used the Thief Ring and Curse Weapon on my Dragon Bone Smasher +2. He died in a few hits with that build, but he still hit me a few times and I was a hit or so away from death, but so was he, so it turned into a real duel but after I got greedy and took a chance to keep hitting him I managed to finish him off before he could do the same to me. Risk/reward. Classic Souls.

Edit: Just beat Storm King as well, using the Storm Ruler weapon that you find in the boss arena.

[Edited by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN]

Voltan

I am now one trophy away from Stellar Blade's platinum.
Unfortunately for this one I have to play the game from the beginning again

Voltan

oliverp

@Voltan how long did it take for you to beat the game the first time around?

oliverp

Voltan

@oliverp 40-ish hours with all sidequests and enough collectibles to get related trophies, which means all cans, but also enough items to fully upgrade your stats and 30 costumes - there's more of those in the game than you need
I also caught all 25 kinds of fish (you need 20 for a trophy)
I found most things myself (only used a guide for a few cans and making sure I didn't miss anything important by the end) so it would probably be quicker with a guide

[Edited by Voltan]

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Voltan wrote:

I am now one trophy away from Stellar Blade's platinum.
Unfortunately for this one I have to play the game from the beginning again

That would be the point I tap out. The only time I tried replaying a game was Miles Morales, and I gave up after about an hour.

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder I just launched it on NG+ and easy mode, which makes me almost invincible.
I'm also skipping everything optional (other than collecting some upgrades along the main path) so I'm like 70% done after 2 evenings and will probably take 1 or 2 more, depending on how much time I have.

[Edited by Voltan]

Voltan

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, props to those that can do it, but replaying a game immediately after finishing it has always been difficult for me.

I did manage to do it for Miles Morales though. I was surprised at how quickly I completed it by mainlining it and skipping cutscenes. But otherwise doing a second run for the platinum trophy is like a mental block for me, even though I’ll willfully spend multiple hours running around doing post-game cleanup for a plat.

I do look guiltily at my 92% completion of A Plague Tale: Requiem knowing I’m just one partial playthrough away from the last couple trophies… but I can’t seem to bring myself to do it. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic