Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 3,605

trev666

@Bentleyma I dont use push square reviews i find their opinions of games to be very different than my own and as such are of very little use to me

trev666

JohnnyShoulder

@Pizzamorg I'm the other way around, I favour gameplay over story in video games. It is probably my biggest achilles heel, as I often struggle to stick with games if the gameplay doesn’t click with me. But can happily play a game if the story isn't any good.

It would get boring quite quickly if we were all the same and all liked the same things.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Pizzamorg

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@Pizzamorg I'm the other way around, I favour gameplay over story in video games. It is probably my biggest achilles heel, as I often struggle to stick with games if the gameplay doesn’t click with me. But can happily play a game if the story isn't any good.
It would get boring quite quickly if we were all the same and all liked the same things.

I was like this when I was younger too, but I dunno if its just a by-product of getting older and consuming so much more media, but just having a nice gameplay loop is not enough for me alone anymore. I think it is a big reason why I like loot games, it gives me a tangible sense of progression even if a lot of it is fake. But it is also why I can't really play those first person shooters where there is no story, or progression, just refined shooting mechanics, because just shooting stuff with nothing else with it isn't fun to me, even if it may be the best gunfeel ever made.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

JohnnyShoulder

@Pizzamorg It may be something to do that I grew up on games with little or no story, so have never held that element as that important when it comes comes to playing video games.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KilloWertz

@Pizzamorg Hmmm, I wonder why Mr. Negative has no friends...

Lol, jk, I don't really have anybody to play games in co-op either. A bit of a shame I miss out on a few of them like It Takes Two, but I'm ok since there's so much else out there to play.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Yeah, it's cool that your weapon is almost like it's alive.

That's good. I have yet to play either Alan Wake game and Quantum Break was a tad bit of a letdown after playing Control (still liked it), but Control was so good for me that I'll play anything made by Remedy at this point.

LtSarge

@JohnnyShoulder @Pizzamorg I feel like as I've gotten older and have less free time, I want to spend it wisely when playing games. So when I come home from work, I don't want to sit and read a bunch or watch a lot of cut-scenes in a game. I want to actually do something that's fun. That's not to say that I don't enjoy those games anymore. But if the only thing I did was e.g. read, then I will feel completely unsatisfied with my gaming time. Which is why I've decided to play two games concurrently: one that's action-packed and one that's less so. Right now I'm playing Control and Trails from Zero. I'm enjoying the hell out of the former and because I'm playing it, I feel more inclined to play a game like Trails from Zero where there is a lot of reading. I mean, during the first couple of hours of Trails from Zero, I've done nothing but read. If it weren't for Control, I would've been very annoyed by Trails. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the story in Trails, but it's the fact that there hasn't been much actual gameplay yet that bugs me. That will of course change down the line, but nonetheless, it's great to alternate between two different types of games in order to keep my motivation up.

@KilloWertz Remedy simply makes unique and fun games. I loved Quantum Break and it was a nice coincidence that I played it after experiencing Steins;Gate, a visual novel about time travel. So it made me enjoy the game even more.

I thought the first Alan Wake was great with a unique combat system and an interesting story. It'll feel a bit dated compared to Control but if you go in with tempered expectations then I think you'll like it as well.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing Alan Wake II in the future after I've finished Control.

[Edited by LtSarge]

LtSarge

Pizzamorg

I agree there is a deffo a line, @LtSarge - For example, while I would say I am a Yakuza fan overall, almost every game feels impenetrable to begin with cause the first 10 - 15 hours feel about 90 percent cutscenes before they open out and let you play.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Bentleyma

@trev666 I find that I don't agree with most reviews in general. I'm able to find enjoyment out most games that I play, even universally panned ones. I bought Gollum a couple of weeks ago and I don't think it's terrible from what I've played so far.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

KilloWertz

@Bentleyma likes Gollum. I can definitely put this person on ignore then...

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz Next they will be saying Skull Island: Rise of Kong was their game of the year...

lotan666

I'm playing Skyrim for the first time ever

lotan666

MikeOrator

So, I didn't finish P3R, I downloaded FO76 first instead and then went off and played that for most of my time. A couple of things about FO76: 1) It feels dangerous in the wilderness just like it felt with the other First Person games, 2) The feeling of danger wore off very quickly, 3) I remembered how much I HATED all the item organizing and over-encumbrance there is in these games, 4) I Miss VATS, 5) Pop in, 6) What is up with the Caps economy, I can sell a whole gun to a vendor for less than it cost to buy one bullet, SHEESH, where are all the fricken Caps in this game. Anyway, Uninstalled.

MikeOrator

PSN: MikeOrator

Bentleyma

@lotan666 How you liking it? It's still one of my favourite games, but I'm interested to know what someone playing it for the first time now thinks of it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LN78

Started the spectacularly average "Rise of the Ronin" - a game that I feel like I've played a better version of before - at the weekend. Another Sony exclusive that just isn't floating my boat at all. I might try and chip it in against "Dragon's Dogma 2" later in the week if the situation doesn't very swiftly improve.

[Edited by LN78]

LN78

KilloWertz

@lotan666 See you in 6 months.

Jimmer-jammer

@LN78 I know this isn’t what you want to hear but it’s a game that really does improve the more you play. The stances are gated behind quests and certain npc’s so it takes a while for things to flourish. That said, if you’re not all in on the combat, there’s not a whole lot left to carry the experience. If you can push through, there’s a really fun game there.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

LN78

@Jimmer-jammer I've read a few reviews that said much the same thing. I'm very much a fan of the Team Ninja combat so I'm willing to put a few more hours in over the next couple of evenings. As I said, it just feels like I've seen pretty much every aspect of this game done better elsewhere. Maybe I'm looking for a USP that just isn't there?

[Edited by LN78]

LN78

Jimmer-jammer

@LN78 From a distance, I can’t say it ever really rises above average. It attempts a lot of things and does so adequately (outside of the messy narrative) but once I got into the swing of things, everything came together to provide the aspect that most average games peter out on: consistent fun factor. It took a while but at some point I just realized that, despite its shortcomings, I was having more fun running around in this world than I do in most open world games of this ilk, and I’m still not entirely sure why 😂 Here’s hoping it turns for you

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic