Forums

Topic: PS Extra and Premium, What are you playing?

Posts 101 to 110 of 110

Th3solution

@silverspeed There’s a large library to choose from with PS+ Extra, so it can be overwhelming.

It sounds like you have a preference for FPS, so I can’t help you much on that genre and honestly the only one in extra that I notice is Killzone Shadow Fall. According to howlongtobeat.com the game campaign is only 10 hours to complete and then you have multiplayer options too, although I don’t know how active the servers are nowadays. People seem to like the game, so you might check it out. I’m not into FPS much so I haven’t tried it yet. Another FPS that looks good for you (in addition to Doom like @Thrillho says) would be Metro Exodus. People really speak highly of it. It is the third entry in a series though, but it has the elements you might seem to like, since it’s a bit spooky, an FPS, and the story is less than 20 hrs.

Some others that I really like and can personally recommend (depending on your tastes) from Extra that are around 20 hours or less:

Detroit Become Human, Until Dawn - If you like story driven choice games.

Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian - if you like action-adventure games that are slower paced and artistic.

Inside - if you like artistic 2D platformers

Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man Miles Morales - if you like superhero action games

Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy - if you like linear action third person shooters. Probably best to play these if you’ve played Uncharted 1-3, which are unfortunately not on Extra and are instead on the Premium level, but they could still be enjoyed without the previous games if you really didn’t want to go back and know the whole story background.

Limiting to 20 hour play time does lock you out of a lot of the top tier games, like Ghost of Tsushima. It’s an excellent game and the story isn’t that hard to follow so if you take a break from it then it’s easier to get back into than some of the other long games. And if you skip all the side quests then the main story can be completed in 25 hrs, according to HLTB. The same could be said for Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, both excellent and among PlayStation’s best and can be mainlined in around 20 hrs if you push it.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Mikey856

I’m wondering is final 13 going to be available on extra do we think?

Mikey856

Thrillho

@silverspeed I’m almost exclusively on offline player (I think my wrap up for the year showed 1hr online and I’m not even sure what that would have been from!).

The last online game I got into was during the early days of Fall Guys

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@silverspeed I'll second the endorsement of Killzone: Shadow Fall from @Th3solution up there, although will also warn you that its story is tied closely to the preceding games in the series, so it might fall a little flat if you're not familiar with the lore. The gameplay is sublime, though, and despite being a PS4 launch title, it remains one of the prettiest games I've ever played. It's a top drawer FPS, and then some.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho That is apparently one hour more than me, even though I played quite a lot Efootball 23 online! 🤷‍♂️

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

silverspeed

Thank you for the list and details @Th3solution.
I put them all on my wishlist so I can go and check each.

I decided to play a little with witcher 3 PS5 in the last few days even though it's not my style. And just saw Ghost of tsushima is on extra, so I tried it today. Wow. Even if I prefer more relaxing games, it is amaze me. ( might that's why I like strategy over anything, or because it doesn't scare me )

I will play with these s little then I will check your recommendations.
Thank you guys for your comment.

silverspeed

PSN: silverspeedNo1

Rosemary23

Hello.
I am currently playing the Spiderman games.
Also, since it has Shenmue 3 on the list I started playing Shenmue 1, then 2 so as to play the third next.

Rosemary23

RogerRoger

@Rosemary23 Hey, you can't go wrong with Spidey! I'm also always interested to see what others make of the Shenmue series, having been on a bit of a journey with the games myself. Hope you find them interesting, at least! Best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Rosemary23

Thank you @RogerRoger
Shenmue is very interesting and funny. Unfortunately I get stuck a lot, so I am using a guide.

Rosemary23

RogerRoger

@Rosemary23 There's no shame in that. Shenmue games are famously awkward at the best of times, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't used a guide. Whatever helps!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic