Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 901 to 920 of 4,712

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 A sequel to hyper light drifter was announced earlier. How come you didn't watch bro?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Arugula Just checked. Last posts the 30th of May and he seemed in good form. Hope your alright Kyle!

WanderingBullet

PlaySci-five shellfish. The controller looks like a crab and the console looks like a clam.

So many sequels. Guess the only new IP that I'm interested in is Project Athia.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

BAMozzy

If anyone has a 4k HDR TV with access to HDR through youtube, watch this....

It looks amazing on SDR but this takes it up another level... Whether it will be better when rendered in HDR or not, we will see but this will give a good indication of how good it could look....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Octane

@JJ2 That's why it's unofficial I guess. Look at the size difference between the PS5 and Series X controller. Unless MS is developing for baby hands and Sony for big hands, I think it's fair to assume that the size difference won't be this much. It's literally blown out of proportions.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

So my thoughts on the PS5 reveal after a good nights sleep and some coffee.

Design on the whole doesn't bother me that much. It is defo more divisive than say, the Series X which keeps it closer to a PC box sort of design. I quite like the white look and the controller but can see why people aren't as enamoured. To be honest, Sony outside of the PS1, haven't been as hot with designs but at least they tried something different.

The games though. Why I thought this was a strong presentation is the variety of games. Sure there are some big name sequels but there was a huge variety of content. It was such an interesting thing to watch the chat here on Push Square - on each reveal it went from extreme interest from some people to blah move on to others on each game. This shows that this presentation was done to highlight the breadth of games you can expect. I loved the look of the Hyper Light Drifter Devs new game but not to everyones taste. Platformers, puzzlers, shooters, sports, horror etc. This went out of its way to show that they weren't relying on just the same franchises or big third party IP's to sell hardware. Clearly continued investment in being a place of variety and this is what I wanted from the PS5.

I think one of the cleverst moves they made was to remake Demon Souls. Why? Well, if Youtube is anything to go by, there is a huge From Soft contingent who only bought a PS4 for Bloodborne. They can only play Demon Souls at the moment on an old PS3, a very hard to emulate PC hack or now, PS5. This isn't going to sell huge numbers but those people are going to buy into it. If they are supporting indie devs into making more ambitious projects with finance and help, this can only be a good thing.

I am not into console wars. I think competition is a good thing. I don't want one to win over the other, but like other consumers, I have to think where I am going to invest my money moving generations. If I could afford it, I'd have both and when the prices go down, I might well do so but right now, Sony has made the best case for my money.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I mean, you can get an idea of size from the disc tray. Blu Rays are similar size regardless in terms of tray so to me it looks similar to my PS4 Pro

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Size isn't everything! But this isn't a mini console for sure.

HallowMoonshadow

Just look at this comparison shot between the PS3 version and the PS5 of Demons Souls

Untitled

Also just realised we might actually have a player character that looks decent instead of having to shamefully hide them in armour

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Vahla_Hanesh

It's certainly an interesting look - I'm not sure if I like it but that's not important. I'm more concerned about the design choices, like being able to actually access the USB ports properly and the size of the controller. These are important to me because there's been far too many times I've wanted to plug something in but couldn't without using an extension with a flat plug on the end, and the PS4's controller was my least favourite in terms of design as it hurts my hands!
I can see both pros and cons to the two different editions. I mean, it's cool to give people more choice, especially considering some will already have a 4K player and don't want to pay out the price for that, but on the other hand digital licencing of games is not a good path to go down, even if we're already halfway down it.

Vahla_Hanesh

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy @Arugula There was a Solar Ash reveal trailer back in March 2019 and this one didn't give much more insight as to how it plays, unfortunately. It's kind of tough to get very excited since it looks so different, and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets hit with delays, but of course I will be keeping an eye on this one.

Things got a bit turbo over the past couple of weeks so I'm laying low for a little while! Don't worry though if anything bad happens (which doesn't kill me instantly) i'll be back here to say my goodbyes

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 phew, glad to know your OK. Went all sherlock Holmes trying to track you down last night mate and seen your profile for the company you work for.

Can't believe you don't mention gaming as one of your hobbies!

*that comes off a bit stalkerish but I was worried.

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy I agree. Looks absolutely stunning.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

So what are we talking in terms of release dates?

Only Spider-Man has been confirmed for launch, right? I'm thinking Spider-Man, GT7 and Ratchet & Clack for launch. But maybe that's a bit much. I reckon Demon's Souls is early 2021; probably January or February, with Horizon 2 in March, April or May.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Knack 3 for launch, baby.

I reckon a few of the third party games will be launch titles.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

Mates check this out;

TLOU 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Astrobot Playroom
Gran Turismo 7
Returnal
Spiderman Miles Morales
Ratchet and Clank
Demons Souls
Sackboy Adventures
Horizon Zero Dawn 2

Then I can breath and go Woooooooo like Rick Flair (anyone with a gif help a dufus out)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic