Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 861 to 880 of 4,712

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder that’s true, although I never buy games or hardware thinking about resale value so I’m not too worried about losing my digital library. Of course a lot of people think very differently to me when it comes to their game collections!*

*those people are wrong.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

DonJorginho

Hey all, hope you're all keeping safe and busy during these times with your loved ones.

I never get consoles on launch as I like to wait for a year for price drops and bundles but this time I wanna experience a launch day with the PS5 and get one from the very start.

I don't know how one goes about pre-ordering one such console and what the process is like, do I have to put all the money down? Or is it a deposit then the rest by shipping dates?

Any recommended retailers to use? At the moment I'm leaning towards ShopTo but if you all know any better options please let me know!

I know Pre-orders aren't live yet but I'm hoping some users here did this for the PS4 so will have valuable tips and information of how it went so I can get some knowledge on what to do.

Thank you all!

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho There is a slim chance that I will preorder a ps5, if so it will either be using Amazon cos they offer next day delivery if you have prime. They are also starting to offer paying in instalments on some more expensive products. Or I will be picking it up from a GAME store, as if you do it on the website you can use PayPal Credit which offers interest free credit. F knows what the climate will be with covid-19 though, we could be in the mix of a stronger 2nd wave when PS5 releases.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder What's the tactic you're gonna take for PS5? Wait till launch night/day? As maybe that could be a smarter option.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to order it from Amazon. I couldn't think of anything worse than going into a store when something like the PS5 releases. A bit too kray for me.

I hope they show the console at the event next Thursday. I can just envision the comments section. People will be there with their pitchforks at the ready lol. The backwards compatibility article has 250 comments! That is the most I can recall seeing.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

andreoni79

Do we already know if we can use our PS4 external HDD with a PS5? It would be great if it will only rely on the user account and not on the system itself.

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

DonJorginho

@andreoni79 yes you can, but only for PS4 titles that are supported for backwards compatibility.

So in a sense the SSD can be used for PS5 games and the HDD for your PS4 legacy titles.

DonJorginho

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
Man it's best to avoid reading twitter comments. In eurogamer tweet 'Sony says it has no interest in making its PS5 games compatible with PS4' people are losing it. I'm amazed every day how dumb the internet is.
To be fair they are manipulated into outrage for no reason with the way they spin it.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Yeah I'm not in twitter and very rarely see anything of interest on there.

andreoni79

@DonJorginho Thanks, good to know. Now I'm sure I'll spend too many hours testing PS4 games on the PS5!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Octane

About the PS5 event delay; I posted this on NLife as well:

I feel pretty bummed about this. For various reasons. I sort of agree with everyone. It's kinda stupid that they decided to delay this event. But at the same time it's stupid that protests like these are still needed in some countries today.

But it's maybe a weird decision for a global company. Nintendo isn't going to delay their Pokemon presentation today. I mean, it's doesn't come close to the scope of a console reveal, but still. But I also wonder why this one, and why wasn't COVID-19 a cause of delay, because that's still going on as well. I mean, we have basic human rights protests in HK, and everyone carried on like it's usual business.

I also feel that this year has been absolutely awful in all aspects, so maybe a little celebration would've come at the right time.

I dunno, it's disappointing, everything. But it's not the end of the world (but maybe the end of Sony's marketing budget with all the ads they had running on TV for coming Thursday). Anyway, I also realise that it's a double edged sword, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Welcome to 2020 I guess.

Octane

JJ2

@Octane
1. Theres no rush.
2. Sony has been ahead of the curve and we saw it with cancellations because of COVID19 when people were also complaining.
They know what they are doing.
3. End

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

DonJorginho

@JJ2
1. I don't know about that mate.
2. Ahead of the curve with what? This was cancelled to save face in the PR department and as they knew they wouldn't get as much attention with the riots going on.
3.End.

DonJorginho

JJ2

@DonJorginho
I just mentioned facts. Sony was ahead of the curve with safety regarding covid-19 and everyone else followed.
Move on.
Maybe next week or even this weekend? Who know? When you think about it, it's not that important when it happens. It will !
Peace.

JohnnyShoulder

Untitled

Couldn't have put it better myself. It's done now, we can all argue whether we agree with the decision, but it would be pretty pointless and achieves nothing.

PSVR_lover

That would suck, but with the PS4 still selling well and getting great games, Sony doesn’t really have to hurry the release of the PS5.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Ryall

@TrueAssassin86x But there is no reason to believe that Sony was planning to give a release date at this event. If the PS5 was delayed they would gain nothing by hiding the fact.

The statement that lives matter and belief that people should not be executed because they belong to the wrong clan it’s not exactly controversial. I think it’s likely that Sony are acting for the reasons given rather than because of some ulterior motive.

Ryall

JJ2

@Ryall
Ms, Sony, AMD everyone says they are on track and the final stage of production has started. There s zero chance PS5 doesnt launch this year.
People just believe any click bait nowadays.

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 @Ryall Jim Ryan has reiterated that this week, it is still very much on track.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic