Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 4,717

Voltan

@Th3solution I charge my controllers with a phone charger exclusively. It's an older Samsung one.

As for games that have a PS4 and a PS5 version - you don't need both. When you get a game like on the store and it goes to the download dialog, the default button is "download all" (as it is with any bundle on the store) - maybe that's what happened. It's something that could use a change in the UI for sure.

You need a HDMI 2.1 cable if you want 120 fps at 4K. If your TV isn't newer than that cable you were using, chances are it doesn't support that anyway. It's still not a common feature. And yeah, not many games support it anyway.

Voltan

TraCuz-

@Th3solution I've only read the first sentence of your post, gonna read the rest now. Just had to say congrats on our purchase!

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@Th3solution Yes the disc drive being noisy is normal, I thought I had a lemon too. Also don't be alarmed if it randomly spins up even if you're not playing that disc game. Don't know why it happens, wish it didn't but it's nothing to be worried about. Completely agree about Destruction Allstars, "not a bad game, nice attempt". Really you haven't noticed any differences in loading? It was immediately apparent to me. As for PS4 upgrades checkout one of the posts like the one below. I would also do some further digging as I feel there are more than are listed here. Two games I can recommend to see differences are God of War and Ghost of Tsushima.

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-c...

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

nessisonett

@Th3solution Yeah, the disc drive makes quite a bit of noise even when I’m not playing that game. It’s a bit odd. I’ll still take it over the Pro’s fan noise. Although the coil whine is also pretty annoying. I do like how cool the console runs though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@Voltan @TraCuz- Thanks!

Regarding disc noise, I noticed that when I press down on the casing during the disc spinning that it quiets some, so part of the racket is simply that outer white casing being a little loose fitting. I suspect that placing it vertical might be quieter and if I can figure out how to aesthetically accomplish that with my set-up then I’ll convert to vertical.

As far as loading times, I’ve not tried but a few games in my opening hours so I’ll need to experiment more. I’ve heard about GoW and GoT being great showcases for PS5 performance upgrades on native PS4 games, but I platinum’d (and loved) both within the past year so have been planning to spend time with games I’ve not finished yet. Maybe I’ll load one or both just to muck around and feel the differences. I hear Days Gone is another good one to play on PS5 so I’ll get to that soon maybe.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@nessisonett Yeah, I’ve felt the back of the console and been pleased how cool it feels even after a couple hours. Do you have your vertical or horizontal?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Vertical but I have been hearing strange creaking noises from it occasionally so I think I might need to take a look at the stand.

Voltan

@nessisonett You mean like creaking noises after you turn it off? I think that's normal, it's just the plastic parts "settling" due to temperature change. It seems to have mostly gone away after a few weeks of regular use for me.

Voltan

Th3solution

@redd214 Thanks, man! I appreciate all your advice and support over the last 5 months!

Th3solution

@Arugula I mentioned it in the other thread, but I’m looking at Returnal as the possible tipping point for when it feel like my PS4 has been made expendable.

johncalmc

I've had my PS5 for like two weeks now and I really like it. What's weird is that the things that I've seen people complaining about most (the UI in general, cards, etc.) are things I've really liked and the things I've seen people celebrating (particularly the haptic feedback) I'm just not sold on at all.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

@Voltan Sometimes when the console’s on too. It’s a bit odd but I just assumed I either have the stand on too tight or not enough.

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc Yeah same here! I think the UI is a bit different to the PS4 one and there are few things in different places, so people may be finding it a bit difficult to get used to.

@Th3solution Congrats! In regards to the disk drive, I can hear it kick into action when I first turn it on or insert a new disk, but I wouldn't say it is excessively loud or anything. But I wouldn't say what you are experiencing is not normal either as others have mentioned the same thing.

And yes you can charge the controller with your phone charger. I've been doing that since I first got my PS4 and not noticed any negative effects.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

I'm 2 Anchors of Fog away from getting the platinum in God of War, beat Sigrun last night, one hell of a battle and playing on PS5 is great with quicker loading times 60fps and most importantly the console is super quiet and cool. I was always terrified my pro would explode into flames whilst playing games that really pushed it.

MightyDemon82

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Buddy, awesome news! You were a day away from getting tagged with a "hope everything's going okay" message someplace, as I'd noticed your absence this past week and knew you'd mentioned the possibility of getting a PS5. I was worried that you'd failed and, as such, couldn't face returning here to wade through paragraphs of people happily enjoying their upgrades.

As for your thoughts and questions, I have my PS5 horizontal and had similar misgivings about potential stand misalignment. Usually I'm pretty good at eyeballing such things, and I think I've gotten it as level as it's ever gonna be, but can also report that my PS5 is far from silent... and not just with discs, either. As others have reported, my disc drive greets new inhabitants with a friendly whir, but I also noticed a brief bit of aggressive spinning midway through a Hitman session, when loading a new location. It faded after ten seconds or so. Barely anything to write home about.

But during Spider-Man Remastered, which is a digital download, I've also noticed a small selection of various whines. It's worst when pausing for Photo Mode and quickly swapping out various filters, although the game is obviously muted during this process, meaning any ambient noise is gonna be more obvious to the ear. Sometimes changing light levels or swapping between Spidey's suits can cause fluctuations in the whine's pitch. This kinda makes sense to me, though, because these are exactly the same taxing tasks, in exactly the same game, which used to make my PS4 Pro howl at the moon.

And, considering that I haven't experienced a single crash or technical problem yet (outside of a few minor bugs inherent to Hitman III itself), these are all noises I'm beyond happy to live with.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic