Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,024

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Haven’t had time to spend with the trailer yet, but I am curious to see what all the fuss is about 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder So is the head on the right meant to be wise, condescending to the stupid-looking figure on the left, as if to say - yes, but there is far more to it than that, or even, yes, but it is wise to want Dark Souls with a horse?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Let me know what you think once you've watched it, I'd be interested to know what you think.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha yeah definitely @Kidfried

I'm gonna buy it as soon as I can as it IS a FromSoft game. Theres no way as I wasn't going to... I've bought all the other souls games after all (Well except Sekiro) and enjoyed them all (some more then others).

Nothing wrong with wanting a bit more info on it and how it really differentiate itself though as at the moment it does feel a bit "Now that's what I call Music Dark Souls"

... Which I'm more then ok with as Dark Souls 3 is basically the greatest hits of DS 1 with a dash of 2 and bloodborne thrown in with it being my favourite of the entire bloody series

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Does the male voice over remind anyone else of Hugo Weaving?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Trisque

@lolwhatno I actually enjoy going back to FromSoft trailers and just reflecting on how many late-game bosses or even endings to a game they show. It makes absolutely no sense when you first see it, but once you go back and rewatch you are just amazed at how much they give away, yet don't spoil the actual game.

Trisque

Trisque

@lolwhatno haha yes! I feel the same way every time I think of Bloodborne. Something about their worlds just feels so immersive and spectacular yet daunting, making you want to see them all over again!

Trisque

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ve spent some time with the trailer and it’s quite good. I’m not the level of FromSoft disciple that many are, but you can’t deny their expertise with dark fantasy and creature design. Really great. A lot have commented on how similar it looks to Dark Souls and Bloodborne, and I suppose that’s correct, but there definitely seems to be enough going on in the gameplay department to seem like it’s own thing. I do like how the story and lore seem to be a little more overt this time around and it seems like it might be a little easier to follow.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah definitely, thanks, I definitely agree with your comments, do you think you might buy it once the bugs have been patched up then?

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Also, the story being a bit more explicit this time around might make it a bit more accessible for people such as yourself? Plus would you say it looks like high fantasy rather than dark fantasy like some have said or would you say that the reverse looks to be true?

Black_Swordsman

@LieutenantFatman What are your thoughts on the trailer, Lieutenant? If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend watching it on Youtube. There is a link I posted somewhere in this thread on one of the preceding pages.

LieutenantFatman

@TheBrandedSwordsman
Looks great, I'll be there on day one, assuming I have a PS5 by then. Looking forward to seeing more. I'll be interested in the co-op and pvp side of things, I always get carried away with that. Especially did in Bloodborne.

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’m undecided at this point when or if I’ll pick it up. It does seem at first impressions to be more approachable from a narrative point of view. The difficulty is an interesting quandary since I assume this will have the same FromSoft high difficulty but there seems to be an emphasis on making more avenues to play — there is stealth in the trailer, as well as more magic than is typically presented in From games. Also horse combat. But still swords and shields. So, the added options would suggest an easier difficulty to me, since it means more techniques to exploit the enemy. I could be totally wrong though.

I’m not an expert on differentiation of fantasy subgenres but my gut tells me this game is dark fantasy, the creepy multi-armed enemy and the dark atmosphere substantiates that. Definitely Bloodborne was more dark fantasy with the lovecraftian horror elements. Dark Souls might be closer to typical high fantasy, but even then, high fantasy to me is all about dwarves, elves, dragons, mages, etc. More like Dragon Age, Skyrim, Game of Thrones, or Lord of the Rings.

JohnnyShoulder

@JechtUltima Only if Miyazaki and Co don't find it annoying.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic