Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 4,206

Thrillho

@Zuljaras Plus, RDR1 has the Undead Nightmare expansion if you fancy taking on some Wild West zombies!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Zuljaras Yes, to answer that question about just mainlining the story, it could be done. Neither game is particularly difficult from a combat perspective. I like the gunplay, but it’s fairly barebones and can be arranged to auto-aim. I think there’s difficulty sliders if you want more challenge, but I can’t remember.

But part of enjoyment (of especially RDR2 at least) is the unscripted moments, the exploration and getting distracted for hours in between story points, all the life sim elements like growing cool beards and hairstyles and decking Arthur out in different clothes and such. Not to mention upgrading your horse, etc, etc. I spent about 80 hrs and I did very little hunting or fishing and didn’t collect all dinosaur fossil sites, hidden treasures, etc, etc. Just loads to do and the game is probably one that you’ll just get a fraction of the experience if you mainline it. The first game has a lot less of that, as I recall. There’s a few little collectathon activities and there’s side quests and poker and side games, but not as much as the second game. You can more easily trim out the extraneous side content in the first game and still not miss out too much.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Zuljaras

@Th3solution Just installed the game and I found out that there is an FPS mode which is awesome! If I can I will play like that for the whole game!

But the game is really heavy. PS4 Pro is loud when I play it. I will get used to it though!

Th3solution

@Zuljaras I completely forgot about the FPS mode. I’m partial to third person so I didn’t dabble in it. I think it was added in patch after launch. And yeah, it’s likely to be one of the more demanding games for your PS4 Pro fan. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

XandertheWise

on the Playstation 4 PSN store im planning on buying Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate even though I already have regular Mortal Kombat 11 physically .

14 bucks not too bad for the digital Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11. that way its cheaper than spending 39 bucks for Aftermath on the PSN store

XandertheWise

IMustardMitt

Risen - Damn, the audio bug(s) are killing my enjoyment.

IMustardMitt

Bentleyma

I bought Persona 4 Golden, but with Hogwarts Legacy, Like a Dragon: Ishin! and Atomic Heart all out this month, I’m not sure when I’ll get to it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Th3solution

@Bentleyma Would this be your first run through Persona 4 G or did you play it on Vita (or perhaps the base game on PS2)?

Bentleyma

@Th3solution I’ve started both the PS2 and Vita versions before, but never got very far. I’m really looking forward to playing it again. I might break my one single-player game at a time rule just so I can start it sooner.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Th3solution

@Bentleyma That’s what I was going to mention, was that in my experience, the game could be played in bursts or side-by-side other games potentially. Like most games, there is some gaming inertia you’ll lose if you break the game up too much, but with P4 (and P5) I was able to have extended time away from and then come back to it without too much trouble. The dungeons allow for good break points and the turn based gameplay means there’s not much muscle memory that needs to be kept. Given the sheer length of the game it was hard for me to stay on it continuously. But of course each person will be different with how they like to approach it.

Having played P3,4,&5 as well as a couple other MegaTen over the years, P4 is probably my favorite, even though it took me a couple years to finally make it all the way to the end.

MS7000

Just picked up a base copy Of Ghost of Tsushima from Tesco for £10. Wrapped up, but case was damaged; probably getting rid of old stock as they were also selling New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for £17.50 which is cheap by Nintendo standards. They were also selling Horizon Forbidden West for £15, but was for PS5, so no good for me.

Anyway, I was planning on picking up the directors cut(?) eventually to play through, so will probably use this as a chance to try the game out and if I gel, I will probably buy the directors cut.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

XandertheWise

going to the walmart store downtown today to do a little bit of videogame shopping.

anyone know if there's any newer sales/clearance sales for Playstation 4 games other than the usual 14 dollar sales for Resident Evil 2 Remake, the Assassins Creed Origins?

last time i was at the walmart store like 2 months ago, i noticed they had The Quarry real cheap at 19 bucks

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

WWE 2K22 DLC are on sale again til February

The NWO Wolfpack DLC is on sale at 17 or 18 bucks right now

XandertheWise

colonelkilgore

As a burgeoning fan of Rebellion (loved playing through Sniper Elite 4 last year and pretty excited to play Zombie Army 4 next month)… I couldn’t help but pick up Strange Brigade for £3.99 on the recent PSN sale.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Cuphead - it’s been on the wishlist forever and while I was waiting for 40% off… I folded due to how long I’ve been waiting and pulled the trigger at 30% off.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Cuphead is supposed to be a tough one, just the game itself. Can’t imagine the platinum is very easy. It’ll be a challenge, I’m sure a welcome one for you.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution for sure… there’s obviously no guarantees when you go for plats like these but it’s part of the fun. I can’t go for these kinds of plats day-in-day-out but I do like one or two a year which force me to dig deep.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just ordered Oninaki and Lost Sphere. I’d never heard of them until recently but they look decent… and were going real cheap on amazon.

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Nice. Those two have just popped up on ps++ so your thoughts on them would be appreciated. 👍
This is one of the nice (for us) effects of subscription services, retail games which appear on the service suddenly drop in price.

CaptD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic