Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 3,064

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Abzu is a nice diversion when you need something different and relaxing. It’s enjoyable in its own way, as long as you know what to expect. What I remember the most about it is the fantastic musical score. Very lovely music in concert with the visuals.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Good to know, thanks. I saw the soundtrack available on PSN, but won't grab it until I've actually played the game. Which is apparently only a couple hours long so I'm gonna save it until next week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday, as a palette-cleanser ahead of Jedi: Fallen Order.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Did you play Journey and/or Flower? Abzu does it’s own things creatively and of course the setting is unique, but they’re in the ballpark.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Th3solution No, never played them. Kinda never wanted to, if I'm honest, which is weird as I'm attracted to the idea of them. If I have a good time underwater (which is the concept that reeled me in, if you'll pardon the pun, as I love diving and sea life and whatnot) then I might check them out.

Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

Just bought Death Stranding and have it downloading now, used a certain website to get PSN credit cheaper so managed to get both this and Star Wars Jedi Outcast for the same price as just the former. Speaking of Jedi Outcast, I used to have this back on the Gamecube so I'm pretty pleased to have it again

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

RogerRoger

@carlos82 Hope you enjoy Jedi Outcast. It's a bare-bones port (hence the cheap price) but it sounds like nostalgia will carry you through to the end.

That isn't to say that I don't hope you enjoy Death Stranding, by the way!

Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

@RogerRoger haha I'm sure I'll enjoy both, I'm more than happy to play retro games with little or no enhancements and it'll tide me over until I can get the new game

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

carlos82

Literally just picked up Star War Fallen Order from Tesco, with a few more people behind me doing the same thing. Bed time now whilst it installs

RogerRoger

My local GAME had a queue nearly out the door this morning, when they opened at 0930 hrs. (no midnight opening for us, bah). It took me fifteen minutes to reach the checkout. Whilst I got a general sense of the crowd's composition, I was still curious when I got there.

"How much of this is Star Wars," I asked, "and how much is Pokémon?"

"Don't be ridiculous," the assistant laughed. "You're the first person in here for Star Wars. I've no idea where we're keeping your game. Give me a second."

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Oh darn, that's quite a nice little set @RogerRoger

And never underestimate the power of Pokémon!

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

"Words don't make changes. Wounds do." Agent Black - Iconoclasts

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles I saw one Jedi: Fallen Order bus. Just one.

Just goes to show, gaming is pretty huge and diverse. I had barely any recognition of Pokémon being a thing today, because I generally just come here (a PlayStation forum) and don't tend to read general gaming sites. It was quite a shock walking in to GAME this morning!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Wait.. what is this Pokémon of which you speak? Never heard of it. Is it a new looter-shooter? 😜

————————

Ralizah

@RogerRoger This sort of thing is why I'm glad digital distribution exists. My copy of Pokemon was ready to go at midnight.

I do hope Fallen Order does well, though. It's the one EA game in years that I've actually been half-way interested in. Curious to hear your thoughts on it!

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Blimey, can you imagine if they monetised Pokémon at some point? Spending real money on bundles of blind pokéballs (in standard red, premium silver and elite gold colours) which contain various tiers of pocket monsters, most of which turn out to be duplicates of a common, base-level Magikarp. We shouldn't joke, as that's probably next year's big release!

@Ralizah Thanks; I'm keeping the Jedi: Fallen Order topic spoiler-free but I'm also writing a lot, so probably best to wait for a summary (especially since, in the space of a single day, I've gone from "this is awesome" to "this is mediocre and lame" to "this is awesome" again).

Making It So Since 1987

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Pokémon Go @RogerRoger?

Plenty of microtransactions there.. Like extra pokémon egg incubators and other junk (Never played it mind but I definitely know it makes ridiculous bank... nothing lootboxy though like you're suggesting) 😅

There's also Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Rumble World, Magikarp Jump & Pokémon Quest that are free to play...

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

"Words don't make changes. Wounds do." Agent Black - Iconoclasts

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I think Nintendo Life would melt if that were to happen.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I was worried somebody would come along and say "...but Rog, that's already a thing!" Welcome to the state of modern gaming, I guess!

@JohnnyShoulder I thought it had already melted when they cut half the pokédex...?

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic