Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 6,458

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah I very rarely plat a game in the time quoted on Powerpyx or PlayStation Trophies etc. I usually add an extra 15%-20% on top as I don’t like to rush things too much. Also, it is ranked as a 7/10 in terms of difficulty, which is definitely more difficult than getting the plat on most games, so I’d probably add a little extra time again in the expectancy department. If I can get it in 15-20 hours I’ll be pretty happy I reckon.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

I didn’t go for the platinum in Ghostrunner (it was the last game I played on my PS4) but I might when it gets the PS5 upgrade. It’s challenging but I’d definitely recommend it

Voltan

Bentleyma

Finished The Outer Worlds and I’ve moved onto NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I think you put it perfectly: “David Lynchian”. At first I didn’t really understand what to do but as the game wore on I started to enjoy the segments. As a whole, Control has a lot of weird but wonderful moments sprinkled throughout.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

Wow, so Shenmue II is even more Shenmue-esque than the first Shenmue. It's constructed entirely of all the stereotypical Shenmue nonsense that Shenmue is known for. It's peak Shenmue. It trolls the original Shenmue by being a better Shenmue than Shenmue ever was. It's a Shenmue-branded parody of Shenmue. It's Shenmue dialled up to eleven. It's just so Shenmue. Don't say Shenmue. I said Shenmue. Shenmue.

I think my sanity snapped when I voluntarily initiated a second day of pointless crate-stacking. Then the two separate pieces shattered during some endless book-airing. Then they glued themselves back together again, just so the leaf-catching had something else to break.

Anyway, best game ever. Seriously considering Shenmue III at some point now.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I like to use a theme specific to the game I’m currently playing… in much the same regard I think you should change your username to @ShenmueShenmue until you’re done fragmenting your psyche… I mean until you’re done with Shenmue 2 😉

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Don't Shenmue me... er, I mean, don't tempt Shenmue. I mean, Shenmue... damn it!

If anybody wants me, I'll be in the corner. With my knees under my chin. Rocking back and forth.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I looked up Insanity in the Oxford Dictionary and it reads “madness, derangement, a state of extreme agitation of the mind. See also Shenmue.”

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

purple_mouse_gaming

Worryingly, I genuinely decided just yesterday that I want to do a second playthrough of Shenmue 2. Does this mean I am doomed to descend into a spiral of madness and self-destruction? Cos I was hoping to just chill out racing some ducks...

Also, hello to all - my first post on here having been a regular lurker for many years

Kidfried

@purplemouse Hey, welcome! It's always great to see someone new joining in the comments.

I have beaten Shenmue, but never even dared to start the second one. I saw a lot of people describing it as more tedious than the first one, is that the case or are they overreacting?

And have you played Shenmue 3?

Kidfried

purple_mouse_gaming

Cheers guys - I have played and completed Shenmue 3 - I really enjoyed it, although I can understand why many didn't. It's true fan service throughout, and feels like an older Shenmue game with updated graphics. I'm a huge fan of the series - so it was a no-brainer for me. I supported the Kickstarter on day one, so was so happy to finally play it - even though Suzuki has left us hanging. Again...

colonelkilgore

@purplemouse glad you enjoyed it, even though I've never played a Shenmue game myself I can appreciate what a big thing that was that fans were finally able to enjoy the conclusion to a much loved series.

What other games are you in to?

**** DLC!

johncalmc

I have started Trails of Cold Steel IV and I'm really not feeling it. That's crazy because I just bought it specifically because I really felt like a Trails game. But the start of this game is so tedious, and honestly, I can't remember who half the people are or anything. And you play as a different character at the start of the game who you also play as for like one hour in Trails 2 and I don't really know who this person is. Also I can't remember what happened in the third one so I had to Wikipedia it. Also I can't remember if I play with the English or Japanese voices usually, but I'm playing English this time and I hate them all.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's just a boring opening and I'll get right into it soon, because I really liked all of the others ones.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Black_Swordsman

I am still playing through Control ,I just trapped an extra-dimensional entity in an alcove in ordert to gain access to another area and am on my way to see Marshall the game is quite generous with save points and my progress certainly hasn't been impeded, thankfully, thanks to this so far.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yes, I think I remember the place you are now. Was it the big indestructible ball that makes noise and slowly follows you around? Those are really disturbing and although relatively easy to avoid, they can be a thorn in your side from time to time.
The generous check points are a godsend when you get blindsided by a tough enemy encounter. Also the fast travel system makes for easily going to and fro.
The oldest house is a great setting and the the way it shifts and has a personality all its own is a real highlight, but I didn’t realize how lousy the in-game map is until playing Returnal, which has a much easier map to follow. The map in Control kind of helps get basic bearings, but it’s still easy to get lost.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@purplemouse Welcome aboard! And I mean no disrespect to Shenmue and it’s fans. My previous post was all in jest, since I’ve not ever played the series. I think it’s just easy to poke fun at Shenmue but honestly, I’d probably enjoy it if I ever took the time to try it. I do like walking sims, visual novels, and other games that many people find similarly mundane.

nessisonett

@johncalmc The English voices for Trails are absolutely awful. My pet hate is that grating ‘peppy’ anime voice Americans do and there’s like 4 million characters in those games so far far too many grating voices.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

johncalmc

@nessisonett The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure I started all four of these games with the English voice acting and then changed it to Japanese because it was so bad. I'm going to do that when I go back to it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

sorteddan

The thing that stuck with me most from Control, which I played a few months ago, was those weird fallout kids videos (I think that's what they were called) - like some terrifying kids tv puppet show. I may have to go watch them all again on YouTube. Great game though.

As for Shenmue, I have worked in coldstore where much of my time was spent stacking, moving and restacking piles of boxes. I have no desire to replicate the task virtually!

Personally I have begun Hollow Knight - enjoying the sombre atmosphere and trying not to frustrated by repeated deaths but seem to have made some progress, Hellblade - enjoying the exploration, story and mythology. Combat is so-so. Just completed the bit where I had to defeat fire head (set?). And Dead Cells - oh yeah, this is very much my type of thing, as long as you complete first area and bank some cells - then it counts as progress.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic