Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,221 to 4,240 of 6,464

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Yeah I'd highly recommend especially since the free trial is one of the most generous offers in the entire gaming industry. Entire base game and 1st expansion up to level 60 trial cap. No time limit so no need to rush, which is great because it's very much a take your time and smell the roses kind of game. Most of the free trial restrictions are social limitations. Unable to send players direct messages, unable to make parties, and unable to buy/sell on the marketboard. That's pretty much it, the rest of the game is your playground. Just a heads up before you invest even a minute of your time, it's an MMO and there's a monthly $15 subscription in want to continue to lvl 80 and other expansions. Just though it'd be fair you know ahead of time.

Honestly when I played Ghost I wanted them to dive into the more mystical aspect of Japanese culture, but the story of Jin Sakai is very much grounded and told in a realistic world. For Legends mode they had their fun and went full blown mystical with fighting Oni and undead samurai. Not to mention this FREE update did a better job than Destiny and The Division with leveling and looting.

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- cheers for the info, tbh the fact it's an MMO is what has deterred me starting it up until now. The only MMO I ever played was ESO and I became far too obsessed for my liking. It was taking too much of my time and attention... and from what I've heard about FFXIV it would take my already addictive personality to even worse levels.

Still, I can't help but feel tempted... I played FFVIIR & FFXV last year (my first FF's) and loved them both. And everyone keeps telling me the world and narrative of XIV is better than both! I need an MMO clone šŸ¤£

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Thanks dude, how is your playthrough of Biomutant going? Have you managed to defeat the Porky Puff yet? That boss killed the game for me..

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Thanks dude, I am looking forward to further exploring the game, upgrading and whatnot, and yes ,the Janitor's accent is certainly "unique!", he's Finnish, apparently, according to the internet How is Returnal going for you?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Lmao at least you know yourself xD, FFXIV might just bring you to those worse levels haha.

Currently Playing:

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman just have the Murk Puff left, so pretty much finished up with the game. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll platinum it, and definitely wonā€™t be 100%ing it. Iā€™ve already put 44 hours into the game and feel like Iā€™ll be done with it after this last bit. Things like catching 20 of each creature just feels like a frustrating waste of time to me, the way they are implemented in the game. Porky Puff is by far my least favourite boss. I was thrilled to be done with it. With all that said, Iā€™ve really enjoyed my time with Biomutant, warts and all. Iā€™ve had a lot of fun and there is a lot to build off of for their future projects.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Would you agree that the fight with the Porky Puff is somewhat broken then? I just couldn't get past it.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah actually I would agree with that. Iā€™m not a gun build whatsoever so this fight was basically not winnable for me. I had to craft a powerful gun and drop the difficulty from hard to easy and it still took way longer than what it should to get through it. I also had a bug with the Hoof Puff where I couldnā€™t cause enough damage to initiate phase two of the fight. Also, my health was stuck at half and using a healing item just prompted a ā€˜health is fullā€™ message. It was strange and kept happening until one time it didnā€™t and I defeated it. Needless to say my fun with Biomutant hasnā€™t exactly involved the world eaters.
With Demonā€™s Souls remake staring at me every time I fire the machine up, and everything else going on, my patience for this type of stuff has been lower than usual. Iā€™m excited to wrap it up.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I understand. Best of luck with Demon's Souls

N.B Be sure to tag me when you play through it, as I'll be excited to discuss!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Returnal is going ā€¦well, I guess šŸ˜…. Iā€™ve bemoaned my struggles over on the dedicated game thread, so Iā€™ll not expound too much, but Iā€™ve yet to beat the first boss. In my defense, I still feel like Iā€™m getting better and climbing the steep learning curve gradually, but not over the hump yet. Still enjoying it though, so Iā€™m not giving up yet.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

TraCuz-

@Th3solution Have you enabled auto sprint? Also try to hipfire as much as possible.

Currently Playing:

nomither6

@Voltan oh its European-based , no wonder I never seen it before . I wonder how recognizable her statue is in America.

nomither6

Kidfried

@Voltan I love Van Breevoort's work.I've ever only seen one of her sculptures in person and that's The Tourist:

Untitled

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I really enjoyed Nioh but agree that the opening area is really cool so the jump to Japan is a bit abrupt.

The weapon stance mechanic worked really well and I quite liked the freedom to change between weapon types, unlike in the Souls games.

@johncalmc Another convert to Yakuza! I really liked Kiwami 2 as it has one of the best big baddies in the series. Did you play Zero already though as that really is fantastic.

A warning though that the 3-5 remasters are a little rough after the Kiwami games and 3 is especially wacky and ponderous. I still have the final game to play at some point but have loved the series on the whole.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

I've been playing through Control, I just unclogged the pipes in the NSC Coolant sector and am now heading to the energy NSC Energy sector at the Janitor's request the Hiss are certainly quite irritating to deal with and encounters become a bit repetitive after a while with the relative lack of enemy variety at this early stage of the game, but, hey, I am just playing for the story really, and the story is great.

ISD1982

Last Of Us 2 and Ratchet and Clank.

The latter i'm nearly finished as I want to complete it before I get the PS5 Ratchet and Clank, the former I was waiting on the PS5 upgrade to start playing. LOU2 is really dark though, i'm finding it difficult to really WANT to play it because of the bleakness of the whole game. I don't really remember feeling that same way on the 1st game.

ISD1982

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic