Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 301 to 320 of 6,463

Gremio108

So my wife finally convinced me to try the Sims 4 last night. Even she was alarmed at how quickly things went wrong.

For starters, I was determined not to conform to gender stereotypes so I sent the mother out to find a hobby. I settled on fishing and found her a nice spot by the river. Sadly, I didn't realise that you have to manually stop the Sim from performing the fishing activity, so she stayed there, fishing away happily, for the next fourteen hours.
The father was left to look after the baby boy. But by the time I found baby playing in the toilet bowl, I had decided that father was not up to the task. Instead, he invited in Johnny, a neighbour who happened to be walking past. Johnny seemed to be getting on well with father and baby, and grandad, and spent some time chatting with them. All was well, it seemed. But as he left, neighbour Johnny kicked their bin over, for no apparent reason. This made me furious, way more than it should have done. Why would Johnny do this? After we welcomed him into our home?
There was only one thing for it - get grandad to follow him. Grandad walked into Johnny's house, went straight over to the TV Johnny was watching and switched it off. This did not seem to bother Johnny. So grandad banged out a tune on his expensive-looking guitar in the corner, but this didn't register either. So grandad went outside and kicked over the bin. While Johnny was outside investigating the noise/drinking down a taste of his own medicine, grandad was stealing the lovely table lamp from Johnny's bedroom.
Happy that this was adequate revenge, grandad went home, just in time to attend the party that the father was throwing to meet all the new neighbours. The guests showed up and were all insulted by grandad, one by one. Johnny did not seem to notice the shiny new lamp which just hours earlier had been sitting on his bedside table. No-one took much notice of the very smelly, very hungry baby who was wandering around the house, either.
The father decided to cook some food to liven the party up, and the kitchen soon became the focus of the guests' attention, partly due to it being on fire. The father ran around like a madman, and at this point my real-life wife wrestled the dualshock from me, unable to watch any more.
I received a notification that my party had been a failure, just as the mother returned, stinking and exhausted, from her extended fishing trip and collapsed on the bench outside.

The Sims 4 is a great game, and I never want to play it again.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 I will never, ever tire of reading stories of people trying to play the Sims. Yours is one of the best; so very wonderful, so very tragic... so very, very funny. Thanks for sharing!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Thanks, I'm just glad no-one died (apparently your Sims can actually die...)
I consider myself an experienced gamer, and a bit of a Soulsborne veteran, but this was hands down the most stressful game I have ever played.

Tasuki

@Gremio108 I have yet to play Sims 4, I have played Sims 1, 3 and a few on consoles as well and can agree for such a simple game it can get quite stressful, especially when you play more then one Sim at a time. The biggest thing I find annoying is how fast time flows and how long it takes them to do the simplest tasks. Seriously it takes them like an hour to use the bathroom or even to wash one dinner plate.

I do wish though that Sims 4 had a spltscreen mode like the older console versions did.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Gremio108

@Tasuki Maybe they've slowed the time thing down now, because everything I described above took place over the course of about 24 hours. That said, I didn't bother washing or feeding my Sims, nor did I allow any of them to use the bathroom, so maybe the time is the same, I just spent it differently......?

Split screen sounds brilliant, that would be a right laugh

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I don’t mess around with PSN profiles very much. But I would like to have the ability to reorganize a trophy and game list and how it appears to yourself and the public. It seems we should have more control over these things.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KidRyan

I finally started playing Batman: Arkham Knight, just finished the Ace Chemicals mission.

RogerRoger wrote:

@ToddlerNaruto Thanks for the list; I've made a note of the details, in case the mood takes me during a pause in my backlog. I'm definitely interested in seeing more of the franchise, after playing the next few worlds in sequence earlier and, once again, having a really enjoyable blast. I also finally placed Ratchet's voice actor (James Arnold Taylor, a.k.a. Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and that makes me love him even more!

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy the earlier games if you do decide to play them.

I honestly had no idea they shared the same voice actor, that's cool!

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Kidfried

@Gremio108 Great post and lovely story! Can't wait to get Sims myself as a result, though.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I much prefer the PS3's approach to trophy presentation (alphabetical list, all DLC merged under one heading). You're right, an option buried somewhere would be so simple to include; it's greater customisation that started all this anyway, as I never bothered with my profile until they gave us control over backgrounds and colour schemes. As soon as I'm given input on anything that represents me, I go a little nuts.

@ToddlerNaruto James Arnold Taylor is ace, and very talented, hence why it took me a while to recognise his voice! How are you finding Arkham Knight?

Finished the story of Ratchet & Clank earlier; now I'm gonna backtrack and gather up whatever I can before starting Challenge Mode. Despite now having Rayman Legends to crack on with, I'd really like to try for the platinum, out of respect for how enjoyable and well-made the game is. I also could use a relaxing couple of hours, wandering around and exploring worlds, after that chaotic and challenging final boss fight!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@Kidfried Then I wish you luck. May your Sim family fare better than mine did in their horrific first 24 hours (although I did skip all the tutorials, maybe that was a bad idea)

RogerRoger

Maybe it's because I barely slept last night and am therefore wired with coffee, but Rayman Legends is really tough in places. I'm usually alright with platformers, but I came close to more than a handful of rage-quits in the first bunch of levels alone. The first music stage cheered me up, but I get the feeling this'll be a "play in short bursts" kinda game.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Um... it's my first Rayman game, period.

I have detected that the controls do have a slight "lag-but-not-really-lag-because-there's-an-animation-that-covers-the-second-between-input-and-execution-but-it-still-feels-like-lag" (to give it the full technical term) so, as you say, I'm hoping it's something I'll get used to.

It does strike me as a game that's meant to be replayed, so I wasn't expecting to ace everything on my first run. Maybe I was just a little over-confident, as well as tired.

Don't blame you for dozing off during a Donkey Kong game...

Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

RogerRoger wrote:

@ToddlerNaruto James Arnold Taylor is ace, and very talented, hence why it took me a while to recognize his voice! How are you finding Arkham Knight?

Finished the story of Ratchet & Clank earlier; now I'm gonna backtrack and gather up whatever I can before starting Challenge Mode. Despite now having Rayman Legends to crack on with, I'd really like to try for the platinum, out of respect for how enjoyable and well-made the game is. I also could use a relaxing couple of hours, wandering around and exploring worlds, after that chaotic and challenging final boss fight!

Arkham Knight is great story/plot wise so far, but I'm still having trouble adjusting to the HUD and gameplay/controls.

That and I didn't have time to play this weekend sadly...next weekend for sure though .

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@ToddlerNaruto Hope the controls start to feel more natural as you progress!

General question, since playing Rayman Legends is my first experience with the franchise... has the music always been this good?! Seriously, not just the special music levels, but the entire soundtrack is incredible! I had no idea! It's making me stick with it more than I might've otherwise.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD That level is included in the "Back to Origins" section in Legends and I just played it earlier this morning! Definitely a highlight!

Thanks for the link; exploring YouTube for favourite tracks is likely gonna be the rest of my day now!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@ToddlerNaruto What do make of the Batmobile sections? Are they as awful as I hear? I really enjoyed Asylum and City but have been put off by those sections. I've always meant to pick this up as it is always on sale on psn and dirt cheap in CEX. Mind you this has ps+ written all over it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder If it means anything to you, I heard the same things about the batmobile but in the end I enjoyed it and I don't get the hate for it. For me, Arkham Knight is the best game in the series, or at least the one which was the most enjoyable for me. I immensely enjoyed Arkham Asylum, didn't like Arkham City and gave up on Arkham Origins.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Cheers! If I had a beard there would be a lot of stroking going on. 🤔

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic