Forums

Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Posts 161 to 169 of 169

Jorjk

@Mega-Gazz its for 14$ in USA, did you get it? If yes share your impressions plz because I am also considering it

I can talk for hours about TLOU and Bloodborne
PSN: jorjk

starhops

I haven't been back on it since they supposedly fixed some issues. Even though a small thing I couldn't get past how creepy the human facial animations were... worse than clowns!

I will one day hop back in the game, but it all depends when as I have so many games still to play.

starhops

PSN: starhops

BAMozzy

I played through it all and it took me around 100hrs. The combat is better and it feels very much like Mass Effect in a lot of ways but it also feels 'different' because you are no longer a military leader but a pioneer. It doesn't seem to have that 'dark' side that the others had. Some of the visuals look stunning - particularly the open world 'planets' you get to visit but then there are some very strange facial expressions and some of the dialogue lacks the fluidity and natural intonation you get from conversation - its more like they are reading from cards - which they probably were rather than 'acting'.

For £40, it lacks the polish you would expect from a AAA game and it really doesn't push the franchise forward. With games like Witcher 3 and H:ZD, these show up ME:A much more than if it had come before these. The bar was raised and ME:A didn't come close to hitting that standard. Its evident that this game had a tumultuous development and does feel 'rushed' to market. Like I said, combat feels much improved - its no longer just a third person corridor cover shooter but much more open and mobile and the new 'Mako' is greatly improved too but its not the game we expected and lacked polish. Its worth buying in my opinion for half its RRP but don't go in expecting it to be up to the original ME - its still a good sci-fi 3rd Person shooter/RPG and better than some others (ELEX and Technomancer for example). I think it got a lot more 'bad press' than it deserved but, like ME3's ending, we know how 'vocal' ME fans are when things are not 'perfect'.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Mega-Gazz

Jorjk wrote:

@Mega-Gazz its for 14$ in USA, did you get it? If yes share your impressions plz because I am also considering it

In the end I didn’t get it.

Mega-Gazz

starhops

@BAMozzy I do like the combat system a lot better. Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely go back to this game at some point.

starhops

PSN: starhops

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I continued our discussion here so as not to derail the previous thread.

I heard that too but I played the ME trilogy as a male, so wanted to try a female character this time. It might be worth trying the demo, but beware any trophies you may have earnt do not then unlock when you purchase the full game. You get 10 hours with the demo.

I forgot to mention I've noticed a few bugs/glitches like pop up when the game loads, one scene there was no sound at the start, and one mission I had to reload a save as I couldn't continue.

@andreoni79 I generally try not put subtitles on unless I can't hear the characters speaking, but that is a good option for those that are ok with it!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79

@JohnnyShoulder I play with subtitles because this is the first ME game without audio localization in italian. This choice alieneted many users since it was a step back and honestly it's hard to accept that a 2017 game lacked a feature that a 2007 game of the same series had.

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah they ditched the game pretty quickly iirc. Those are minor niggles though, and like you said hopefully there won't be too many more. It still feels like a Mass Effect game and the changes to combat do make it feel a bit fresher. But I've not played a ME game since the third one, that is like 6 years. I dunno how fresh it would be for you having just played the trilogy.

@andreoni79 Now that does suck and strange how they didn't support it after having it in the previous games.

@BAMozzy I'm pretty sure you can skip the cut scenes when planet scanning, something they must have patched.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.