Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 221 to 240 of 807

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Yeah the combat does get better the more moves you purchase. You are given carte blanche too, so you can tailor Kratos' fighting style to suit you. Sir. Ooof.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder @themcnoisy I'd agree, I'm really not far in but as soon as I started levelling up and improving weapons I found my arsenal of moves started to spice things up. As stated elsewhere, I'm all about axe throwing!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

The combat is pretty fun, and the axe throwing is cool but throwing and recalling the axe 6-7 times over and over at the same enemy in the distance gets a bit silly really lol. Still, it's fun. I'd say Horizons combat is more exciting moment to moment overall.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Splat

Don't forget to upgrade the boy. He can really help out in combat once he has better gear/skills.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder @Rudy_Manchego @Splat Ive upgradred Atreues already as it was the cheapest upgrade lol. Cool thats good to know that its not all right trigger later in the game.

@kyleforrester87 I think they are too different to compare. Hzd was all about staying away and hitting weakspots more akin to a 3rd person shooter. GoW is more like a beat em up apart from your axe.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@Splat Boy gets even a bit OP if you upgrade him all the way, it's pretty cool, he can stun and kill minor enemies on his own now. I've trained him well.

@kyleforrester87 I know lol. Feels a bit like cheating when I'm killing a bunch of enemies from a distance.

Octane

johncalmc

I have now finished God of War so I can safely come to places like this and announce that it's awesome and I think it's one of - if not the - best games of the generation so far.

johncalmc

Twitter:

jdv95

omg i just learned that magni and modi are voiced by troy baker and nolan north !

makes this game even more awsome!!

jdv95

Simon_Fitzgerald

God of War is missing something, a seagull horde mode. They are everywhere, perching, watching and mocking you from afar. No matter how many of the damn things you slay they'll spawn back in and continue to tease you. If only there was a mode where I could end these sky vermin once and for all, maybe even an entire realm dedicated to destroying them in various ways.

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

SuperJoon

How is everyone playing this (and don't say on a PS4 ) Are you going through the story powering through and then coming back to things after, or are you exploring before moving on to each area? Do you go back to other areas when you get new powers to clean up?

Trying to figure out the best way to do it at the moment, going through the story and exploring little bits, but especially with the Lake of Nine, im not sure whether just to sail around and get what I can before continuing.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

PSN: superjoon84 | Twitter:

Simon_Fitzgerald

@SuperJoon I started off collecting and exploring everything, but once I had got the new powers to return and mop up I didn't feel like re-exploring the same areas over so I continued with the story and will do the mopping up at the end.

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

BAMozzy

As I am so close, I think I will bother with the platinum - only need 2 more trophies now...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@SuperJoon I have been looking around however I just hit a block, Im on a tower by a shipwreck on a misty lake and Atreus needs a seifer. Two bad guys spawn after you hit a black thing and absolutely batter Kratos with one hit. So I may push on with the story and then track all the way back through this part of the map to mop up.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@SuperJoon I generally look round an area once when i first get there to grab what i can. I will probably go back to previous areas later on as i usually dislike retreading over areas mulitple times.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

The God of War effect: I'm calling everyone 'Boy' in that snarling Kratos way at work. Even the ladies. Which can be confusing. And I'm getting even weirder looks than normal lol.

Octane

I think I'm stuck lol. I went to an optional area, activated a water wheel, and now it's blocking my path. I checked some videos on YouTube and it seems like I did some things in the wrong order, but now it means I'm stuck.

If anyone already did the Northri Stronghold, help would be appreciated!

Octane

Splat

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

The God of War effect: I'm calling everyone 'Boy' in that snarling Kratos way at work. Even the ladies. Which can be confusing. And I'm getting even weirder looks than normal lol.

I always say good job boy after the more intense combat fights.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Octane

@KratosMD Yeah, I know. But now the waterwheel is turning, it's blocking the water, so I can't go back by boat. I've opened those two big gates, and I can reach the beach over there. I shot down the big stone block. I've seen the ship I need to investigate from a ledge high up, but all the shortcuts I can find need to be opened up from the other side. I think you were supposed to go left near Sindri's shop. Anyway, in order to continue, I need to open another gate by shooting one of those red crystals from the other side, but I can't find a good angle. I can only barely see the crystal if Kratos is in the right position, but I can't aim at it.

Octane

Octane

@KratosMD I'm so stupid lol, I didn't see there was one of those ax throw-y flip switches near the bridge in the room with the ship...

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic