BranJ0

Nier: Automata - 6 Points
Persona 5 - 4 Points
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 3 Points
Sonic Mania - 2 Points
Undertale - 1 Point

BranJ0

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego The last two spots were difficult to decide. I haven't played too many games this year. I can't vote for NieR, and all that's left is a bunch of indie games. GNOG was a huge disappointment. RIME was decent, but not amazing. I had higher expectations for Edith Finch as well, but the game had a few segments I really liked, more than RIME at least.

Octane

BAMozzy

@KirbyTheVampire I can honestly say that 'some' of my Top5 games were NOT played on a PS4 at all. They are all available to play on Sony's console and with the same story, content etc (maybe a bit more in the case of Destiny 2). I only bought 2 PS4 'exclusives' and one of those was originally planned as DLC but grew into its own standalone game. All the others have been multi-platform and 1 Xbox exclusive. As good as Forza Motorsport 7 is, I still wouldn't name it in my top 5 games of 2017 so that wouldn't impact on my list here. My list is my 'top 5' games of the year regardless of 'platform' with 3 available on XB and PC too.

Have you not played any games at all that 'could' be played on Playstation that released this year? You could still just list your top 5 games anyway. If they are not available on Playstation, I doubt that would affect the outcome of this. It would take a miracle to get those into the top 5 or even top 10 and at least you can join in that way...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

@KratosMD Depending on when Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima come out, 2018 may end up as my favourite year of all time.

Octane

themcnoisy

Keep the votes coming everyone; voting closes on Wednesday night!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

C'mon Nier. Horizon was great n all, but as an open world RPG set in a dystopian future where you fight robots, literally the only thing it has over Nier are its gorgeous graphics!!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@KratosMD TLOU2 is going to be 2019, mark my words

We haven't heard a lot of Days Gone lately, but I hope it's a 2018 title. And there's a small chance Ghost of Tsushima makes it too, at least I hope it does. Add Shadow of The Colossus and Monster Hunter World, and whatever Nintendo is working on (Pikmin 4? Retro's project?). 2018 has a lot of potential IMO.

Octane

Elodin

Horizon Zero Dawn - 6 points
Wolfenstein 2 - 4 points
Lego Worlds - 3
Middle Earth Shadow of War - 2
Everybody's Golf - 1
I would have added Nier most likely, but I haven't played it yet.

Elodin

KirbyTheVampire

@BAMozzy I actually didn't, surprisingly. The only non-Nintendo game that I bought this year was PUBG. I would have bought a lot more, like Horizon and Persona 5, but I have several much more important things that I'm saving money for at the moment, like a vehicle. I'll post my games down below anyway, even though they don't technically count.

These are the only games I've played that were released this year. I'll go from worst to best.

5: Player Unknowns Battlegrounds. It's a lot of fun, especially with friends, but unfortunately I'm awful at it, and it just got kind of stale for me. If I wasn't awful at it, I would probably like it more. It's really only on the list because I only bought 5 games that were released in 2017, lol. Fun game, though.

4: Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Fantastic in some areas, and completely and utterly disappointing in others, like the story, characters, music, voice acting, side quests, enemy variety, dungeons, world, etc. (Not all of those things were "completely and utterly disappointing", but they all could have been done better) It's a really good game, but I was pretty let down at the end of the day. It had such potential to be an absolute masterpiece. It was fun, though. A solid 7.5/10

3: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. A very fun Mario Kart game, but I wish there was certain things in the game like the ability to swap between two items. Still a great game, though. I really like the large number of levels.

2: Splatoon 2. An extremely fun game that I wish I wasn't mediocre at, lol. It is kind of held back by things like Salmon Run only being available at certain times, but it's a lot of fun, and I haven't put nearly enough time into it.

1: Super Mario Odyssey. Easily my GOTY. My only complaint is that it's too much of a collectathon. The semi-lack of really unique and often weird objectives like there was in Sunshine is a pretty big disappointment, and it only makes me want a Sunshine 2 even more. Everything else is top notch though, aside from the music, which was great but not quite top-notch. Nintendo has done better in that area. Tons of fun.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

BAMozzy

I can only assume that people haven't played AC: Origins - it is new I guess - otherwise that would be a lot higher!! One of the best games this year...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

AdamNovice

Out of the top ten so far, 6 are Japanese developed games which for me is great to see because Japan had a rough few years console gaming wise but it seems many got it's creative mojo back this year.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

leucocyte

Horizon: Zero Dawn - 6 points
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 4 points
Everybody's Golf - 3 points

The only other games I played this year were ME: Andromeda, and barely at that, and Destiny 2, which I borrowed. I wouldn't really give either of them points.

leucocyte

Splat

BAMozzy wrote:

I can only assume that people haven't played AC: Origins - it is new I guess - otherwise that would be a lot higher!! One of the best games this year...

Agreed. It's my biggest surprise of the year.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Haruki_NLI

All this tells me is wow, I barely play on PS now.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

leucocyte

@BAMozzy - i thought about getting AC:O, since i've found this year to be extremely forgettable for the most part, but i'm kind of fatigued out on that forumla - ubisoft have crowbarred it into every single one of their franchises that regardless of the setting or whether it's a shooter (far cry, ghost recon) or a 3rd person action game (watch dogs, AC) they have an escapable familiarity factor of 'played this already'.. i've not read much about AC:O with regards to what it's done differently in that regard. most reviews tend to reference previous AC games.. (and i already know i got bored with those into the third one i played).

Edited on by leucocyte

leucocyte

BAMozzy

@kyleforrester87 Each to their own but I found it one of the better RPG's. The world is stunning, the combat feels more better and more 'natural' than its predecessors and its also much more of an RPG too with 'decent' side quests with 'story' to them.

@Splat Its easily my 2nd favourite game of the year and a great return for the franchise. I had lost faith in it and whilst AC4 was 'popular', I really don't think that was an 'Assassin' game - should have been a new IP - Skull N Bones with the 2nd game due in 2018??

kyleforrester87

@BAMozzy Yeah I dunno, cant speak for Origins but from what I can see it ticks all the boxes it should but lacks heart. It's a problem across all of Ubisoft, Activision and EA games. That's what I love about Japanese games, they tend to be a little janky on a technical level but it's generally easier to feel the passion of the developers shine through. Of course, the same can be said of some Western devs too.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

dark_knightmare2

@kyleforrester87 I wouldn't worry about heart origins is easily the best ac game so far and you can really tell they wanted to fix and improve it while trying to make the series what it once was but better

Edited on by dark_knightmare2

dark_knightmare2

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.