Forums

Topic: Destiny 2 - Guardians Unite

Posts 261 to 280 of 308

XOF

@themcnoisy not really, studying is no problem, to be honest. I'll be free on the weekend unless something unaccounted happens. I wanna do the trials of the nine too, never had enough players to play it. so yeah, we can play Saturday and Sunday.

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

Ypmud

@themcnoisy

Im down for a bit of TOTN however I do need to get my bum in gear and get this raid done ASAP im more than geared for the prestige raid and challenge modes so need to get used to normal first

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

Splat

Ypmud wrote:

honestly no i do not I am a tad annoyed with the IB this season lets hope its not the same next season

You were right it wasn't worth it. I was so close I went ahead and did it anyway. The only things I kept from all my packages were a helmet,shaders and the Emblem. I only went up one power/light level...

Outside of knocking out the weekly resets I think I'm done intill the expansion. The resets are the only time I get anything that I don't dismantle right away.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Ypmud

@splat

Hmm thats not good after 6 weeks of the game being out

However I am still happy playing it but I do agree the content is slowly getting stale

Ypmud

themcnoisy

@Splat @Ypmud Its not the content, its the rewards.

There are a load of locations, missions and activities etc. But as Splat says, when the rewards dont match the effort and all your getting is negligible scrap you question the effort you are putting in.

I havent had a single exotic engram in 15 hours of play since the day of the last reset. Not one. Somethings not right there.

The token npcs are pointless end game, they just give out under levelled pap to scrap.

Theres definitely something missing to work towards, some way of levelling guns via kills or usage. A proper all encompassing mega xp bar which can add on a strength level every 25,000 kills or so. As when your lucks out, theres still a visible barometer of something tangible you can achieve. Rather than relying on luck.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Splat

Ypmud wrote:

@splat

Hmm thats not good after 6 weeks of the game being out

However I am still happy playing it but I do agree the content is slowly getting stale

To be fair I'm 80+ hours in and had a ton of fun with it. The gunplay is top notch the best this gen IMO. The game just starts to lose some of it's appeal when you stop progressing and your just playing to play.

It's without a doubt going to be my in-between game that I jump in and play while waiting for new games.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Ypmud

Its the raid I HAVE to get it done so I can progress to the prestige raid and also the challenge modes.

Ypmud

Ypmud

@themcnoisy

Have you managed to break through the 290 barrier yet ? its going from 295-300 thats a PITA and to be honest 305 ive basically given up on.

Ypmud

themcnoisy

@Ypmud One of my local friends is a beast on Destiny 2. I didnt know how good until last night when we obliterated loads of the game together. He knows how to get to 305 and you need to use medallions and run public events.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

The easiest and 'only' way is with Mods to get to 305.

The problem with the end game is that there are only a 'few' things that will give 'powerful' rewards and by Powerful, that just means more 'powerful' than you are - unless you are above 300 of course as that is the Max (unless it comes with a Legendary Mod). If you want to push yourself over 300, check if any of your gear can be modded with a Legendary to give you +5 on every item.

The lack of variations in the weapons - fixed perks mean that 99% of what you get is either too low or you have had it before. Also with around 20% of ALL weapons that are 'decent' 80% are average or poor - something that is 'usable' in a lot of situations but something better is available. This means that the majority of your drops are nothing but 'scrap'.

You could argue though, that for £40, the amount of hours you can put in on 3 characters, to get to 305 on all 3, collect all the exotics, all the Raid gear, all the Iron Banner gear, complete all the Raid challenges on Prestige, as well as any other events (trials, Halloween...) etc etc exceeds virtually all other AAA game releases. I spent more hours in my first week on Destiny than I did on the whole of Uncharted 4. Before any starts, I am not therefore saying U4 is inferior but that Destiny, despite its 'short-comings' in end game, still offers a LOT of hours. The fact that you get to that point and still want 'more', still want something else to do or grind for is testament to the game.

As for Exotic engrams, I don't get many in a week but I do usually get 1 from Caydes Treasure Maps and at least 1 in the underbelly of the Raid - occasionally one doing Heroic public Events - so there is a 'couple' a week per character. However I am fed up getting 'duplicates' - I have had about 7/8 Skyburners Oaths now yet still can't get Hard Light or Sweet Business!!! I also get quite a few 'armour' duplicates too!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ypmud

@bamozzy

I agree with you there about paying £40 or in my case £90 for the collectors edition however, the 305 power is a pain but that comes with destiny its not needed to wreck in any mode on destiny unlike in d1 where being max light gave you a super advantage over others it was stupid.

Ypmud

BAMozzy

@Ypmud I assume you mean when the enemies actually had 'levels' and that you couldn't fight against certain enemies because they had '?'s for a level? However, if you joined a level 4 for example and helped them through the campaign, you would have known how the enemies scaled or you were scaled down to their level. so as not to wipe everything out and not give them a chance.

Now though, nothing has levels anymore. You can't do a level 5 Strike or level 4 mission. Enemies no longer have level numbers attached and the only time power does matter is in the end-game when Power actually does matter BUT its not like the Raid/Nightfall has a Power 100 cap but a 240, 260 or 300cap. A 305 group can tear through the nightfall with little trouble, even blast though the Raid much easier than a group of 270 guardians. A group of 270 guardians won't do well in the prestige nightfall.

Out in the world level and power doesn't matter so much. I did notice though that some enemies were quite tough when I blitzed through the Story on my 3rd character, not bothering to do any of the adventures for rare gear etc. I found that I was a bit under-powered when I was dying to enemies with a recommended power level 20 or so above what I actually was. Heroic Public Events were also a bit above my power level and I felt somewhat squishy at times but now all my characters are 300+, the only time Power really matters now is the Prestige NF but that doesn't mean that I can run around being completely over-powered and dominating in Public areas where lower level guardians may also be - particularly in the EDZ where 'new' guardians are. Those level 4's are still more squishy, still struggle a bit more killing yellow bars and die more during Heroic public events and I - as well as other level 20 and 280+ powered guardians tear through these in next to no-time.

In many ways its 'balanced' in the same way that Destiny 1 was. The only difference is that balancing now extends to the worlds. We don't have access to the low level missions or strikes once we finish so you can't exactly see how easy it would be to wreck things. Its still relatively easy to see how power matters though as there is a big difference between a Vanguard, Nightfall and Prestige Nightfall - and not 'just' from the Time and modifiers - although some modifiers (like Prism) can give you an advantage if you have the right elemental damage at the time.

I enjoyed visiting Earth in D1 when I was max power and just destroying things with my high light - but it was also quite boring - being able to little run through things so easily. In D2 the only time power really matters is the 'end-game but that also means though that you don't have things 'too easy' when you are free roaming - not that they are 'tough' but that you can't run up a punch a yellow bar and they will instantly be melted.

I bet if you are not 300+ when the prestige Raid comes, it will matter too. I am fine with the fact that the only time it really matters is for end game myself though.

I too bought the Limited Edition - part of the reason I only bought for 1 console. For D1, I bought both console versions and by the end, I struggled to maintain 6 guardians on both, ended up feeling like I had to buy all expansions etc so what turned out to be around a £160 'game' ended up costing £320 for both systems and got more 'value' out of one than the other.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ypmud

i dont own a xb1 mainly coz i was never into it.

however i agree that power only ever applies to endgame and normal raid imo isnt endgame its part of the games story prestige and challenge modes are endgame

Ypmud

usb

Is there really any point in buying the treasure chest maps? Today one chest were empty the others just contained usless gear I could have picked up by randomly killing enemies while running around. Not one engram of any kind.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

Ypmud

They are RNG I dont always buy them it depends on my mood however I tend to nearly always get engrams or exotics from them so its worth me doing it

Ypmud

Mdbraith

Yeah on the back of yp, I've had a fair few exotics out of caydes stash chests. Although they are hella expensive :/

Mdbraith

Mdbraith

Also hello fellow twits. I've joined the forum too as I'm sad and tired of playing alone. Add me if you need an extra scrub.

Mdbraith

Ypmud

add me on psn mate im not about until friday so if you see me online before then im on a chill out mode and not really going to be taking it seriously

Ypmud

Mdbraith

Sounds good mate

And Kyle, big gulps huh? Alright!

Well, cya!

Mdbraith

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.