Forums

Topic: Rocket League Online Match Making

Posts 181 to 200 of 217

themcnoisy

Final Standings After Rankings November

Rankings as of 3.12.16 @ 0:30

1st Sequence (captain and world champion)
2nd DangerMouse (captain)
3rd J Tristram (captain)
4th Speedy (captain)

5th Airbag
6th Noisy
7th Simon
8th M Robo
9th Quintumply
10th Sam
11th Hego
12th Triple
13th Booshy
14th Patrick1939
15th Kidfried (AJS)
16th Jevon (demoted due to inactivity)
17th LFC Patinator
18th Neolit

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

Are we all playing on Tuesday? If we all do lets give these captains some selection head aches! Its Triple trouble in Tokyo, Wastleland and Mannfield Park. The final ever RocketLeague tournament! Starting at 10pm.

At 9:50pm all the captains will one by one pick the teams. Its 3 v 3 but if we get more people the teams can have subs too.

Speedy67

@themcnoisy: Good reasoning for Tokyo choice, it'll be fun on that anyway. Excited for the tournament! Hopefully I don't derp it up and be the worst captain...

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

A1RB4G

Looking forward to this, that damn Tokyo map could produce some upsets or am I the only one that thinks it sucks!

Edited on by A1RB4G

A1RB4G

PSN: a1rb4g

Speedy67

@A1RB4G: I think it sucks too because it can be pretty difficult, but it's a fun map design and it won't ruin it. I can see why Noisy put it in there too.

themcnoisy

So here it is. The last ever Rocket League Tournament, tonight at 10pm.

Captains;
Drumstickguy
Kyroki
Tristram
Speedy

Picking the teams tonight prior to kickoff. Everyone else get involved and make the 4 captains aware of your availability. They will pick 2 players each for their teams! Its the big one and the winners will be remembered as the true Pushsquare Rocket League Champions!

Speedy67

@themcnoisy: Can we pick anyone we want or what?

themcnoisy

@Speedy67: Sequence 1st pick, DM 2nd, Tristram 3rd, Speedy 4th, Speedy 5th, Tristram 6th, DM 7th, Sequence 8th. That's the order of picks.

Speedy67

@themcnoisy: Cool, looking forward to this!

themcnoisy

Awesome evening of Rocket League tonight. Great tournament to finish my RL career. I think it goes without saying but a huge thanks to @kyroki for his work on the thread since the beginning and working with the community here on the pushsquare forums. Cheers bro its been a pleasure and a well deserved tournament win for your team tonight. Also huge shouts to @hego for always being drafted in last minute every time, pity you missed this tournament. The Pushsquare staffers @Quintumply (great win tonight) @Simon_Fitzgerald and @Anchorsam_9 for putting your review duties down to join in. The brilliant players like @thatdrumstickguy who finishes rank 1 and played in the last 6 or 7 tournaments and played in every final, great player and you should go pro. @A1RB4G for joining in and getting better every tournament ending in 3 of the last 4 finals, great stuff man. @TripleGK because well, hes triple and everyone loves triple. The bros of @Booshy and @MRobionson91, @Jevon for showing us up in some earlier tournaments. @kidfried for playing in a couple of tournaments and @speedy67 for his enthusiasm over the last couple of tournaments and getting to a final. There's loads of heads I've missed but everyone who has played Rocket League over the last year I would consider a friend and Im made up that we've had a chance to come together and have a laugh, its not often gamers put life aside and concentrate on something more fun. But that's what we've done more or less every Tuesday evening.

So to wrap up;

MVP
Sequence (Drumstick)

Running Commentary Award
DangerMouse

Best RL player from a tiny Island
Quintumply

Lucas Leiva award
Triple

Best defensive display
Simon

Best Teammate Award
Airbag

Most Airtime
Jevon

I was playing something else but hell count me in award
Hego

I thought I was good at this award
Patinator

Stato
Booshy

The Jerry Maguire award
Robo

Weird noise when just misses the ball award
Sam

See you all on titanfall 2 post Xmas lads. I've finally deleted RL but its there if you ever need another player.

Hego

I'M NOT CRYING, IT'S JUST DUST IN MY EYES! Ahem, also want to say big thanks to Noisey for organizing these tournaments consistently and are always well run, I think it's fair to say if PushSquare are ever looking to hire a community manager @themcnoisy is your man! Also I'm well up for some TF2 action whenever you get it! (Consider BF1 as well, Kyle has been forming a pretty good Team Butter the last few weeks, I believe he's got Sam recruited now alongside myself and sometimes Tristam)

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Quintumply

@themcnoisy: "Best RL player from a tiny island"

Big thanks to you noisy for organising these tournaments. A shame you won't be running more, but I've had a lot of fun playing with everyone. Such a nice group of people.

I'll always be game for more Rocket League - I don't think I'll ever delete it - so if anyone ever fancies a few matches, I'll more than likely be up for it.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

mrobinson91

@themcnoisy: Cheers for the award! Had to laugh when I saw it Thanks for organizing it all too. Enjoy FFXV!!!

Been an absolute blast playing with everyone, hopefully another game comes along that some of us can get on with again!

Ps. Sorry I missed yesterday, I forgot and have messages turned off on my Playstation. If Tristram had text me then I'd have been on lol

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

A1RB4G

@themcnoisy: Top man, thanks for all the time you have put in arranging these tournaments. It's been great to have joined in with you guys in some epic RL action. Win or lose, it has always been enjoyable.
Can't see myself putting it away just yet, but do have a hell of a backlog thanks to this game.
Hope to see you guys on other games in the future.

A1RB4G

PSN: a1rb4g

Anchorsam_9

@themcnoisy I'll take that award!

But seriously, thanks so much for organising all of these tournaments. They've been a gateway into the amazing community that is Push Square, and I'm really thankful for that. I'm sure that we'll all game with each other in the future, whether it's Rocket League or not (go Squad Butter!) and I'll always be up for a game - Battlefield 1, Rainbow 6, and PES 2016 are my main games right now, but I'm sure we'll find more. As Phteven said, I'll never delete Rocket League!

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

Speedy67

@themcnoisy: Thanks for the tournaments and everything man!! It was all heaps of fun, and it's like the first time I've played a game online with people I don't know and actually sorta kinda got to know them, even though I can't use a mic. Was also what really got me into the Push Square community — which I can say is a great one. But why delete the game!?

I'll never, ever delete Rocket League, myself. I probably won't ever stop being obsessed with it, and creating a massive backlog of neglected games like @A1RB4G. Hope we can do something with the game again at some point, I especially enjoyed the league thing we did, must say. If anyone's up for it we should do it again, although maybe on a smaller scale considering a few of you guys want to put it aside. Honestly, I just wanna beat @Sequence.

I've never had so much fun with online before, hope it doesn't stop!!

themcnoisy

Boss comments above this one from last year. Brilliant times. One things remained constant - I'm pretty appalling at RL these days, you do need to practice constantly to maintain your skills that's for sure. Dropshots a great mode if anyone's played that?

Pushsquare Forums Spring Points Tournament starting 25th of April at 10pm UK time.

2 V 2 standard on mannfield

You pick your teammate and can swap teammates through the evening.

OK so how this will work.

We all have 10 points to start with.

You use 2 points to buy into a game. If you team wins you get 4 points back. If your team loses you get no points back. Run out of points and it's curtains for you.

Pink slip matches. You can play games for a bigger buy in but you need to okay that with everyone your playing with and against.

Ideally we need 8, 12 or 16 people. Enroll now!

themcnoisy

Is the Rocket League message thread still open? If so can someone invite me back in please.

themcnoisy

@Kyroki nice one DM thanks mate.

HeyDrumstickGuy

Sounds like a fun idea! Otherwise we could play a drop shot 1v1v1v1v1...v1 knockout up to 8 players. Essentially it's a free for all and the last person to score is out of the round. With disabled goal reset it's pretty frantic

HeyDrumstickGuy

PSN: SEQUENCE_011235

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.