Forums

Topic: PS4 Destiny Meet Up Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 671

Wesker

HoW is going to hit tomorrow at 6pm BST, apparently.

Wesker

kyleforrester87

I'll be around in the evening, if enough of us are on I'm more than happy to do Crota. Deffinetly want to get it done we just need a solid group of 6 and I think we can manage maybe 4 only at the moment?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Wesker

*definitely

Wesker

kyleforrester87

Wesker wrote:

*definitely

Haha you know what, I'm mildy dyslexic, that's a low blow bro. I still have to remember Big Elephants Can Always Upset Small Elephants when spelling Because...and right now you're the Big Elephant

Okay so it's not as bad as all that, but still!!

kyleforrester87

Wesker

Sorry, bro. I'm not above taking cheap shots when they're on offer.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

Wesker

My key to victory is dying then coming back to life to shoot you in the back with a shotgun. Never gets old.

Wesker

themcnoisy

See you guys tonight at 9pm. I wouldn't mind getting a team to play control in the crucible either. But we will look at the expansion tonight.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Its_badW0lf

Yeah, I agree, tonight I'll probably be looking into the HoW content, maybe we can get a PoE run together!

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

Wesker

Let's see what's available, but I think I'd like to do the story missions first. As a group would be good, I think.

Wesker

kyleforrester87

Well the story missions are good, a lot better than the Dark Below ones in my opinion. You've got to enjoy the little things in Destiny, the moment to moment gameplay, and in that regard the new music is a nice addition.

I've opened up the new Strike so would like to run this tonight, happy to hold off until 2-3 of us have it if needed.

kyleforrester87

Wesker

I don't think anyone questions the moment-to-moment gameplay. It's all the stuff around it that divides people, I think. Bungie clearly prioritized replayability over immersive story-telling, and to be honest I think they pulled it off spectacularly well. I'm quite sure the tide will turn for the naysayers and they will come back around to Destiny. More than likely they will say that either this expansion or September's expansion turned Destiny into a great game, when in fact, it's always been a great game, and highly innovative as well.

Btw. I've opened the Strike as well.

Wesker

kyleforrester87

Wesker wrote:

I don't think anyone questions the moment-to-moment gameplay. It's all the stuff around it that divides people, I think. Bungie clearly prioritized replayability over immersive story-telling, and to be honest I think they pulled it off spectacularly well. I'm quite sure the tide will turn for the naysayers and they will come back around to Destiny. More than likely they will say that either this expansion or September's expansion turned Destiny into a great game, when in fact, it's always been a great game, and highly innovative as well.

Btw. I've opened the Strike as well.

Yes, we saw it with Diablo 3 and that's with Blizzard having the experience of the previous Diablos and the likes of WoW to work from. This is the first time Bungie have undertaken such a game so I expect it to take a few years to reach its stride. Hopefully they keep it going that long. I like the fact it's somewhat of an RPG-lite because I do like this kind of game but I can get too obsessed if there is tons of content so the walls that exist kind of keep things in check for me.

I did mention before but for the first month the Destiny forum (which I only ghost on from time to time) was really positive, then went through a 4-5 month of nothing but hate and moaning, and has just recently become much more positive again. Obviously this implies that those who hate it have finally moved on and are just letting those who don't enjoy it, but it also shows a lot of people are having fun with it still.

kyleforrester87

Wesker

Yes, there has been more positivity thanks to the haters moving on, but I've also noticed (from the games media I consume) that even the people who were disappointed with Destiny have developed a respect for it. Partly because they see the interest it holds in their fellow gamers, and partly because, with the benefit of some hindsight, Bungie actually took some big risks with Destiny, unlike what many other devs have done with the new generation of consoles. People ask where the new console defining games are like the previous generation's Gears of War and Burnout Paradise, but the fact is that many people overlooked the steps forward Destiny made. But as I say, I see them coming back around and giving it the respect it deserves.

Wesker

kyleforrester87

Wesker wrote:

Yes, there has been more positivity thanks to the haters moving on, but I've also noticed (from the games media I consume) that even the people who were disappointed with Destiny have developed a respect for it. Partly because they see the interest it holds in their fellow gamers, and partly because, with the benefit of some hindsight, Bungie actually took some big risks with Destiny, unlike what many other devs have done with the new generation of consoles. People ask where the new console defining games are like the previous generation's Gears of War and Burnout Paradise, but the fact is that many people overlooked the steps forward Destiny made. But as I say, I see them coming back around and giving it the respect it deserves.

I don't think having Activision attached to it has helped with its image but the same could be said for Diablo.. But somehow Activision-Blizzard looks a little better lol.

kyleforrester87

Wesker

Haha! Considering COD used to be the most hated game on internet, you might have a point there. That could also be a problem for the the new Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero games too. But to be honest, I think the number of gamers who pay close attention to who publishers what, is in the minority.

Wesker

themcnoisy

CROTAS END TUESDAY 26TH MAY 8:30pm BST.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Wesker

@themcnoisy I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems unlikely we'll gather the 6 players required.

Wesker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.