Cue fanboy fights across the world. As expected, the PS3 Slim managed to dominate competition, selling nearly 150,000 more units than closest competitor the XBOX 360, while coming just 32,000 units short of the market leading Nintendo DS.
Playstation 3 sales were up nearly double from the previous month, seeing a whopping 492,000 systems sold — figures SCEA must have hoped for but surely not expected. It's a massive boost for Sony, with even the PSP seeing a 50,000 jump.
Software still remains an issue for Sony though, with just one Playstation game charting in the top ten; Batman: Arkham Asylum — although it'll be pleasing for SCEA that the Playstation SKU of the game outsold the XBOX 360 one.
Hit the jump for the full figures:
-DS: 524K (-5%)
-PS3: 492K (+134%)
-Wii: 463K (+67%)
-360: 353K (+64%)
-PSP: 190K (+36%)
-PS2: 146K (+38%)
- Halo 3: ODST - 360 - Microsoft - 1.52m
- Wii Sports Resort (w/ Wii Motion Plus) - Wii - Nintendo - 443K
- Madden NFL 10 - 360 - EA - 290K
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - DS - Nintendo - 258K
- The Beatles: Rock Band - 360 - EA - 254K
- Madden NFL 10 - PS3 - EA - 247K
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 -360 - Activision - 236K
- Batman: Arkham Asylum - PS3 -Eidos - 213K
- Guitar Hero 5 - 360 - Activision - 211K
- The Beatles: Rock Band - Wii - EA - 209K