Releasing next week on the 5th December alongside the Ultimate Edition of Cyberpunk 2077, Update 2.1 adds and improves a whole bunch of stuff. The full patch notes are coming next week, but for now, we've gathered all of the main points from the latest CD Projekt Red stream and made an easy-to-read bullet point list, which you can find below.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.1 Features
- Adds a full NCART (Night City Area Rapid Transit) metro system to the game, allowing players to travel around Night City via public transport
- Metros can still be used as fast travel points, but actually getting on one results in a much more cinematic experience where you travel in real time, looking out of windows and engaging with NPCs
- Adds an on-person radio, or Radioport, which lets you listen to the game's existing radio stations while exploring Night City on foot or via the metro
- The Radioport will be disabled during some quests that have specific music, and during key conversations
- The Radioport's volume can be adjusted
- Improved boss fights, including a much more powerful Adam Smasher, who now uses his Sandevistan implant like in the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime
- Adds replayable car races that become available after finishing Claire's questline; you can win money and vehicle discounts
- Adds a bunch of new vehicles to buy, including an open-top Porche
- You can now throw knives and axes while riding motorcycles
- Motorcycle driving has been reworked, with leans, wheelies, and tricks
- Enemy factions will now hunt you down after completing certain gigs, engaging in more vehicular battles
- Adds a new accessibility tab in the options menu, including new settings for clearer HUD visuals, and customisation for puzzle time limits
- Adds hangouts with romantic partners
Honestly, we didn't think this much stuff would make it into update 2.1, but CDPR continues to go above and beyond when it comes to supporting its open world RPG.
Unfortunately, though, there was no mention of New Game+ during the stream, which has long been a requested feature. We don't know for sure if 2.1 will be the final big update for Cyberpunk 2077, but, outside of this latest stream at least, it's been suggested.
Will you be taking a trip back to Night City for Update 2.1? Let us know what feature you're most looking forward to in the comments section below.