There's nothing like a firmware update to get your Thursday off to a good start. Sony has just pushed out a new system software update for PS5, weighing in at approximately 1.2GB. This is available to download and install now, bringing PS5's software up to version 23.02-08.20.00. So, what does it do?
Actually, more than your typical stability update. Included in this firmware update are a few small tweaks. Here are the patch notes:
- Music in the control centre is now much easier to use. With its two-column layout, you can easily browse various categories, playlists and songs.
- You can avoid unintentionally broadcasting your surroundings while broadcasting games with your PlayStation VR2.
- Go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2, and turn on Block See-Through View on TV to prevent the camera see-through image from being displayed on your TV while using your PSVR2.
- If you say "What's new?" via Voice Command on any screen, you can now check for new PS5 features.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with accounts for PlayStation Network in the US and UK.
- We've improved the messages and usability on some screens.
So, nothing monumental, but some nice usability improvements to make using PS5 just that little bit better. See anything here that'll help your PS5 experience? Let us know in the comments section below.