Kingdom Eighties is the next standalone strategy experience in the now-prolific series from Raw Fury, which generally revolves around playing some monarch in a 2D setting. It pedals nostalgically onto PS5 today, and we got a retro trailer to celebrate.
Players step into the well-heeled Converse shoes of a camp counsellor known as the Leader, who'll need to recruit friends such as the Champ, the Tinkerer, and the Wiz if they want to have any chance of saving their sleepy town from impending doom.
Raw Fury describes the game's key features thusly:
- Step into the Kingdom Franchise: Kingdom Eighties builds on the series’ well-known world and mechanics with a new experience perfect for newcomers to learn the ropes and fall in love with the franchise.
- Befriend Your Trusty Companions: Join forces with three supporting characters who will lend you their aid on your journey: the Champ, the Tinkerer, and the Wiz. Each has different abilities you can combine to progress through the game.
- Hit the Streets in Style: Explore new urban locations never before seen in a Kingdom game. Find fresh wheels at the skateboard park, visit the shops on Main Street, and free the New Lands Mall from the Greed.
- Live for the Summer: Kingdom's iconic, handcrafted, pixel-art magic is back with a distinctively ‘80s neon feel. Vibe to an original synth-wave soundtrack from Andreas Hald, and travel back to the wonder days of bike rides and summer camp when anything seemed possible!
- Brand-New ‘Survival Mixtapes’ Mode: Press play on the mixtape in the pause menu and get ready for heart-pounding survival gameplay. Try your luck beating endless waves of Greed to earn yourself a crown – how many days will you last?