If you haven't been keeping an eye on early 2024, we'd encourage you to do so. The current release schedule is, quite frankly, absurd. In the space of just under two months, we're getting:
- Alone in the Dark - 16th January
- Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - 18th January
- Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - 26th January
- Tekken 8 - 26th January
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink - 1st February
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League - 2nd February
- Persona 3 Reload - 2nd February
- Helldivers 2 - 8th February
- Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft - 14th February
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - 29th February
- Unicorn Overlord - 8th March
And now, it looks like things could somehow get even crazier. The latest rumour is that Elden Ring's anticipated expansion, Shadow of the Erdtree, will drop in early February — or on the 5th, to be more precise. This is according to Elden Ring YouTuber Ziostorm, who has been fairly accurate with Elden Ring-related updates in the past.
The DLC's launch would follow on from a fresh showing at The Game Awards, apparently — although that's an easy assumption to make, seeing as FromSoftware seems to be best mates with Geoff Keighley.
If Shadow of the Erdtree really does hit in February, we're officially in overkill territory. We can't help but wonder whether something has to give, because that clutch of new releases — from Like a Dragon through to Helldivers 2 — is brutal.