Cat lovers will have their paws full with Calico, a colourful slice-of-life-sim focused on furry friends, and it will luxuriantly rub up against PS5 and PS4 before scratching to be let out on 28th November.
Players are tasked with creating a dream cat cafe, befriending various animals and serving delicious dishes to exacting patrons. Calico was first released on Steam in 2020, where it currently enjoys Very Positive reviews, and PlayStation players benefit from everything included in the PC "Pawsome Edition" update.
A list of key features as described by developer Peachy Keen Games and publisher Whitethorn Games reads:
- Every Animal is a Friend – You’ll encounter a lot of animals on the island. Befriend them, name them, add them to your party, send them to live at the cafe, and most importantly, love them forever! Interact with your new friends by dancing, cuddling, petting, carrying, lounging with, and playing with them!
- Mouth Watering Sweets – Each recipe comes with its own series of minigames to perform in the kitchen. Shrink down, navigate your way around the kitchen, and serve your patrons tasty pastries for big rewards!
- Bewitching Good Looks – Express yourself through fashion! Create an avatar and customize them with collectible clothing found throughout the game.
- Design, Decorate, Delight – Decorate the interior and exterior of the cafe to your liking! Collect and arrange furniture and toys for both your human and animal visitors. Cat trees, scratching posts, and dog beds are definite must-haves!
- The Power of Magic – The world of Calico has no limits! With the potion system, there are so many ways to live out your magical dreams. Want to make your feline friend ginormous? The Big Small potion has you covered!
What do you think of Calico? Do you dream of a world full of cats? Vindictively scratch at the furniture in the comments section below.