Stop us if you've heard this one before, but a bunch of quirky anime teens (that did, admittedly, manage to subvert stereotypes) are stuck on a tropical island, with the only way off, seemingly, to secure victory in a Death Game. No, we aren't talking about the excellent Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, but Inescapable: No Rules, No Rescue, which appears to take whole chapters out of the Spike Chunsoft playbook, but in a good way!
Detective-style visual novels might not appeal to everyone (with PC being the platform of choice for enthusiasts), but those that do enjoy a gruesome mystery might want to keep an eye on this one. Players' choices will affect the outcome of the story, which follows 10 strangers who have been kidnapped and forced to take part in a twisted reality TV show, with any surviving contestants walking away with $500,000 and their lives...
Key features include:
- Multiple narrative paths.
- A provocative character-driven story.
- A diverse cast of characters with intriguing personalities and backstories.
- Hours of voice-acted dialogue.
- A full-length original soundtrack with music from Zero Escape‘s Shinji Hosoe and Matias Lehtoranta.
What do you think of Inescapable? Are you a fan of this admittedly niche but narratively rich subgenre? May the spoils go to the victors in the comments section below.