Update 1.10 has been deployed today for PS5, PS4 versions of Elden Ring, making various balance changes exclusive to both the PvP and PvE sides of the game. When fighting another real-life player, you can look forward to better poise damage across all weapons and some spells as well as extended critical hit angles once the patch is installed.
These adjustments don't take hold when you're playing the game normally, but there are more changes for that side of the open world experience. These include increased critical hit damage, a shorter recovery time if you miss a critical hit, and boosted poise damage for any attacks that land after missing a critical hit. There are also some general bug fixes that stabilise skills like Sacred Order and then adjustments to text in the game.
PvP-exclusive balance adjustments
The adjustments in this section do not affect single-player or cooperative play.
- Increased poise damage of all weapons and some spells and incantations.
- Increased poise when attacking with some skills, spells, incantations and some types of weapon attacks that generates poise.
- Added damage reduction when performing attacks with some skills, spells and incantations and some types of weapon attacks that generates poise.
- Critical hit angles have been extended.
- Decreased the invulnerability window of the Quick Step and Hound's Step skills.
- Decreased the damage reduction granted by some skills, incantations and items.
General balance adjustments
- Increased critical hit damage.
- Decreased recovery time after a missed critical hit.
- Increased poise damage of attacks that occur after missing a critical hit.
Bug Fixes and Other Changes
- Adjusted the player damage animation so that the attack direction is not unintentionally shifted when getting hit while attacking with some types of weapons that generates poise.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some spells and incantations from causing damage while under the effect of some skills and items.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effects of the Sacred Order skill to continue after switching weapons.
- Corrected some text in certain languages.